main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT: LOTR The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Last night we bought our tickets for the 8:00 showing for next Thursday...

There are five of us, only two in costume.

Me- Galadriel
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/guri/galadriel/galadriel.htm
    Kev- Boromir
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/guri/galadriel/boromir.htm

Erin and Andy (a co-worker of Kev's and her husband)

My dad

We'll be there as close to 7 as we can. :)

While there I noticed a sign saying they had a Star Trek opening event with actors!!! It was on the 10th... man I was bummed. I would have been there in uniform... :(

I asked if they are having anything special for LOTR and the answer was 'no'... I told him we had a group coming in some costumes and he smiled real big...

It would be nice if we can establish a relationship with a theater or two in town for local events...

If Lucas decides to rerelease any of the trilogy before Ep 3 comes out it would be great to have something where we wouldn't have to travel 3 HOURS. *L*

Julia

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I have my ticket and my babysitter is ready to watch Brandon so I will be there!!!:)

3. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    well, i'm 70% sure I'll be there...i won't be in costume, but i will have my beautiful girlfriend there with me. I'm just waiting for a bit of cash so i can pre-purchase my tickets.

4. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    less than 48 hours now til we go see! wish i could go tonight but just not doable with my current schedule.

:)

5. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Yay! 11:59pm showing tonight! I'll have to try really hard to keep my mouth shut on Thursday...

6. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Natasha!!! *L* I didn't know you were going before us...

The good thing about these movies is that the books have been out for so long, you can't really 'spoil' it... :)

I'm getting nervous about wearing my costume in public again though!!! *L*

Julia

7. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    I couldn't help it! I found out there was a showing and I had to go with some friends. I dressed my younger brother up as a hobbit. He looked great and several people asked him for pictures. Very fun time. Oh yeah, and the movie was great too. lol.

8. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    HAVE A GREAT TIME TONIGHT!!!
    I'll be taking my kids to see Santa tonight, but hope to catch the movie later this weekend.

TAKE PICTURES!!!!
    Have fun!

9. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    My six-year-old and I are going to go over the Christmas break. I never saw him sit so still in my life as I did when we watched the DVD of FOTR... he was transfixed for three hours, and never lost interest..... I know, I know, I'm a rotten father for allowing him to see all that blood and gore.....

10. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Costume pics from TT showing 12/19:

Pics in the LOTR Two Towers folder.

11. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Here's our pictures. :

Twin Towers Opening

I love my dads camera.

What a great movie... I want to see it again! And I'm really glad we went as a group! It made it so much more enjoyable to come out and discuss it all with each other... *L* I think Kev's friend Erin gets the award for most 'into The Rings'. *L*

Oh, and Natasha, I still think I'm right about the Elf at the end not being Celeborn. :b I'm going to go look at my Fellowship DVD and take a good look at both Celeborn and the "Dwarve's smell so strong I could shoot them in the dark..." guy.

*heheh*

OH! And I spoke with someone who went to the IMAX TT... He said it was all blurry- and no breaks in the film... and it was 3 hours.

THey must have just projected the regular film on the big screen!!!

Very glad we didn't go see that one.

What are they thinking???

Julia

12. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    I still hold true that that's Celeborn. But we'll see. Somehow we need to get ahold of the credits... :)

13. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Dammit! I was wrong. It isn't Celeborn, it is in fact Haldir. The guy who plays Celeborn's name is Marton Csokas and he isn't credited in TT. However, in researching to see who he was in the film, I did find that he did the voice of Poggle the Lesser in Episode 2. Anyway, the guy who plays Haldir's name is Craig Parker and he is credited with both FOTR and TT. They sure look a lot alike.

Sorry to all who don't care (ie..everyone but Julia and I. lol!)

14. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Natasha, I thought so!! *L* I'm pretty good with faces and I just thought Warrior Elf was so much better looking than Celeborn. :D

I changed the link to the pictures...

Twin Towers... Two Towers... easy mistake, but it did get a comment from someone sensitive to it... not here, elsewhere.

Since I couldn't get the other one to work with the link code, I'm just typing it in here straight.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/guri/galadriel/TwoTowers.htm

Julia

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Fixed Code :)

EDIT: If any of you have pics of the group and Darth Vader for the World Tour, go ahead and email them to:

tony@bostonrebels.net

I'll be sure to put the pics on the KOP page! :)

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok I look like I have demon eyes in Jenni's pics! lol
    I had fun too, sorry I'm battling the worst sore thoart ever and couldn't talk much last night.
    Everyone's costumes looked great, Julia great work on Kev's costume.

I'm ready to see it again, any takers?

17. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    We'll have pics for you after the New Year Tony! Last night at Two Towers was not an official meeting and not everyone was there for pics with DV. He had told me he wanted to see the movie - he gets a kick out of Sauron. ;)

18. CrimsonVision

CrimsonVision Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Hey Everyone!

I was looking around on Alleycatscratch.com and saw the pics of you all from TTT night! You all look wonderful!

Julia, once again Im awed by your work! You and Kevin's costumes are gorgeous! I'm drooling over the Galadriel crown! Gah! Not to mention how much you look like her! :)

And the last pic with vader, very cool! I already posted it over at the Boston forum, everyone loves it! :)

Anyways, just needed to let you all know!

XxX,
    Traci

19. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Traci,

Thanks!! :) It's so nice to know all those many hours I spent beading that thing and saudering the crown and what not is all paying off in appreciation. *heheh*

Wendy, I SO want to see it again! I'll let you know if I can find a sitter some time in January. :)

Julia

20. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Julia, just let me know when you have a sitter and I'll get a sitter for Brandon and we'll go see this movie again! :)

I have to work on a better costume for the last movie....hmmmmmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.