main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Other Boards are still down...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mobius, Jan 11, 2009.

1. antistar

antistar Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2009
    We should have direct access to the database since we're on one of the new servers that allows it. I'll have to check with marty to determine if there's any other way we can upload other than using the DPW.

2. clichekiller

clichekiller Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2003
    I'm still waiting to hear back from Marty.

3. clichekiller

clichekiller Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2003
    I'm getting no where with Marty. Antistar I feel your frustration totally. Sorry I'm willing to help but some people don't want any, and apparently Marty wants to go it alone. Good luck gang.

4. antistar

antistar Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2009
    Sigh. Sorry CK. Thank you for trying.

5. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Yay.

Boards have been down for 2 months.

Happy anniversary everyone.

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Jeez, what a mess. At least these boards are still here. Stop on by, have a drink, share some stories. have fun. :)

7. antistar

antistar Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2009
    We have the database talking to the site finally, and the homepage has come up. And yeah, it does look kind of weird, I don't know why yet.

However, no one can log in yet (even with the right password info, I tried multiple times), and it appears that the topics can't be accessed... and the latest posts showing are from November. This is with the very last backup of the database used, so I don't know that we can get those two months back. We'll see.

I'll be emailing CK to see if he can look at the DB errors to see where the problem with the schema is... but this is progress at least.

PLEASE do not attempt to log in and post if the site is still showing up, I need to verify that everything's functioning before we have someone attempt to post and the whole thing explodes. Again.

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Can I make a suggestion?

Why not temporarily point the url to here so that people don't try to log in?

9. antistar

antistar Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2009
    I am baking cookies for Clichekiller and Marty, and the competent ones at GD support. And going to light Microsoft on fire.

THE BOARDS ARE UP!!!!!!!!111!![face_dancing]

As stated, it looks like the only thing off is the fact that we lost data from December/January.... if anything else is weird or people can't log in or PM or whatever let me know.

Sigh. I need a vacation now.