main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Our First Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Count_Looku, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    The first meeting is under an hour away... hope to see you there.

2. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    what a success!!!!!!!!!!!

3. qcjediDave

qcjediDave Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2002
    I enjoyed it. Everyone is very nice and open for options. I was impressed by effort and hard work going to it. In my opinoin this should last a long time. Also I m going to guess that many new friendships will be made. I look forward to the next meeting. Only problem is i dont know when that is.

4. qcjedisteve

qcjedisteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Most impresive..........

5. qc_jedi_xavier

Jul 22, 2002
    thx 4 ur nice post, dave. i thought the meeting went very well,too. as soon as we set up another time for the next meeting we will post it.

6. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. I hope everyone had a good time. I always wanted to be part of a group like this and now it is a reality. I know this isjust the begining of a great fan club and more importantly new freindship. I feel the force is with us.

7. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Indeed, it was a well event.

8. Count_Looku

Jul 22, 2002
    The temp site is up, cut and paste.

www.angelfire.com/theforce/qcjediorder

9. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    U guys are making me feel bad that I had to work! Very glad to hear that the meeting went well. Looking forward to meeting some of u SW fans that don't know me at a future meeting!!

10. qc_jedi_xavier

Jul 22, 2002
    Quad City Jedi Order

Check out this link zpac (and everyone else).

On the site i think that we should have another page that is just for the meetings. that has things like info from the meetings and any new info. what do u guys think of that?

11. qcjedisteve

Jul 21, 2002
    hey Nate, I cutup some more sounds for the web page, we need to get our member ship page up, and some Java, and get a meeting set up with the internet people. oh and I think Zpac is going to have everyone meet at your house. :p

12. qc_jedi_xavier

Jul 22, 2002
    steve email me the sounds and where u want them placed and the membership page and i will put all that on the site. what kind of java where u thinking. or did u mean flash? what time do u want the meeting? zpac will b in the backyard!!!

13. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Hey everyone this lance and I believe that the meeting was outstanding for the first time and hope it only gets better down the road, but i believe that once we get the word out about us that we will be able to get more to join. I went to the drive-in to see AOTC last night and met a couple of people that are really into star wars and were thrilled to find out about a star wars fan club coming to the Quad Cities and are going to look into it more. I will need more of those cards so that when I meet others i'll be able to give them the propper contact information.

14. Count_Looku

Jul 22, 2002
    I am working on an info page just for meetings and updates. it will be the news and upcoming events link.
    Nate, we should get together wednesday night and work on it if you can..

15. qc_jedi_xavier

Jul 22, 2002
    wed. is fine luke. U can come over that nite. i get home @ 4:30pm. let me know

16. qcjedisteve

Jul 21, 2002
    can I come too, don't tell dudes ;)

17. qc_jedi_xavier

Jul 22, 2002
  18. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    First off Steve by posting it on the board you just told me DUDES second of all I am gonna be over at the far evrey night this week so I will be unable to attend anyway. I'm so sorry to disapoint you.

19. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Just a little friendly advice:

Watch out about using Java. A lot of times you can really mess your page up by using it because not all computers and browsers can handle Java very well. As opposed to Flash, which a good percentage of computers these days have it, and if they don't it's easy to download. Am I sounding like a Flash salesperson? ;)

Btw, Luke, sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet. Went out last night and I just didn't get a chance, although I will today :D

20. Count_Looku

Jul 22, 2002
    Java and java scripting are different. Java scripting is your friend.

21. qcjediCarrie

qcjediCarrie Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi Everyone! Just wanted to say "Thanks". I had a great time. I think that the meeting went well and I look forward to more of them. It was great meeting new fans!

22. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I just thought I would be a jack trap by recycling this crusty old thread. Ah yes a blast from the past. Oh and I remember how much Chris just loves it when this happens. Gwahahahahahaa.

23. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.