main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Our trip to Columbus - thoughts on info about trip

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MomMaster, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    I was thinking maybe we should meet at the COSI in Columbus instead of traveling together? You have to sign up for certain times when you order tickets and since we are all getting our own tickets, some might not purchase their tickets for all the same time? It says we should arive 45-60 min before scheduled time! How is everyone at being on time to meet people on the road?
    Also, if any are going to the theater part, you have to schedule times for that also.

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Part of the meeting and going out together was so folks could car pool. Although you are part of an automatic carpool, MomMothma ;)

Also, besides the SW exhibit is the rest of the Science Center (I like Science Centers. They're fun.) And there's the social aspect of hanging out together.

You must do what you think is right, of course. [face_mischief]

3. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    :confused: Am I understanding this right? So when we get tickets we should make sure we get the same scheduled times?

4. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    Yes, that's the point I was making. In order to "hang out" together, we must make sure everyone is getting in at the same time ect.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What time do you suggest? It's like a 4 hour drive out to Columbus. I will have a few extra spaces in my Jeep if anyone wants to ride out with us. Pitch in on gas and we're golden.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hmmm... I just looked at the exhibit ticket website and it says that tickets are not available for the Star Wars exhibit.
    ???

7. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Here is some info i gathered:

Right now we can reserve enough tickets to all see the SW exhibit at the same time. If we have at least 15 going, they will give us the group rate. Also, they will only charge us when we get there, and only for the number of ppl who actually show up. group discount holds as long as the group has 15 or more ppl. Let me know. I'd be willing to slap my Vader Mastercard on the table to make the reservation.

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    If I am understanding correctly, we can reserve 15 spots and if only 10 come along, your card will only be charged for 10? Is that correct TRADEMIC? If so then I see no reason why we can't just reserve 15 spots.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yeah that seem sto be the best scenario.

10. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    What I read is tickets are available - for every 15 minutes - starting at 10:15. You have to pick a time.
    You can get a group rate for 15 people but you have to call for this info. Did you Call?
    if so, when do we have to arrive?

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Did we decide on an arrival time at the meeting? I can't remember? If not then perhaps we should try to leave at 10 and arrive at 2pm? Does that sounds to late?

12. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    what day are we planning on going again?

13. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    We can get tickets for any time we want right now. There are no other res. for that day. Yes, I called. Also, if we reserve 15 and only 10 show up, we lose the group rate. if we reserve for 15 and have to add ppl, we are "takign our chances" in those ppl getting the same time as us.

Therefore, the best solution would be to resverve for the maximum we think will show up, and actually show up with fewer. That was the COSI rep's advice too. We only get charged for those who show up.

july 29. pick a time and max group size. then its just up to our little convoy to get there in time. (let's pick a later time, just in case)

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I saw we leave here no later 9am. I would like to leave earlier if possible.

15. killdeer19

killdeer19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2006
    I agree... let's leave as early as possible

16. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    yeah like friday night. let's camp out in sleeping bags outside the doors. in full costume.

:p I agree, we should go early though

17. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    eh, i don't care what time we leave as long as I have a car to go in

18. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    The Exibit closes at 5. We don't want to get there as late as 2:00! We want to get our money's worth for the whole day - probably get a lunch break, get in lines for things ect. Didn't we talk about leaving at 7am or so? Remember, those gathering have to leave earlier in order to meet at Rte. 70 in Washington. Let's have the meeting time at Washington, say at 8am. - get there around 11am.

19. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    oh, i just meant lets get later ticket times for the actual SW exhibit, in case we run late or something.

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya,

At the May meeting (the minutes of which I finally posted) we were going to meet at the Bridgeville McDonald's off of 79. As someone who gets lost very easily, I'm hoping we'll keep the original spot, because I know how to get there ;)

A 7AM meeting time sounds good, though. How does 11:30 ticket time sound??? Is that cutting it too close?

Have we heard from any other FanForces about going, so we could get the group discount?

If TRADMIC is willing, having her reserve 15 tickets seems like a good plan, if we pay for the tickets at COSI and only have to pay for the tickets we actually want.

I'm willing to drive and can fit three other folks in my car.

21. MomMaster

Apr 4, 2006
    Yes, I forgot, Bridgeville exit at McDonalds was what was decided. We say 7am sharp! sounds good! That way anyone can get a coffee or something to go!(before 7)
    Google says 3 to 3 1/2 hrs. from there to COSI. We think that is plenty of time (unless people drive at 55mph.) Check in no later that 11:00.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sounds good to me MomMaster. 7am is a good time.

23. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm willing to do the reservations. Is 15 the count, then? I can go 20 to be sure... we may have some friends tag along if that's ok. It will be up to you all to show them a good time and convince them to join :D.

20 reservations
    11:30 ticket time
    7 am meeting time
    drive faster than 55 mph

plus we should get a cell phone list, right?
    also, we are not leading the way:

here's why:
    we went to sea world one year. took a wrong turn on the way back. roadwork, detours. our car spooked some amish horse-buggies. 4 hours later: (me): are you sure we're close to pittsburgh? Superchill: yeah i remember some of theselandmarks. (me): yeah, but i think they were on my side coming to ohio...
    superchill: well, here comes sign, what's it say? (me) (2 am, squinting at sign) IT SAYS SEA WORLD NEXT RIGHT

omg true story. so, you're all warned.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    A cell phone list a good idea Tradmic. I say everyone PM Dan aka Fluke your cell number if you are going.

25. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    So, are we all agreed on the following?

TRADMIC will reserve 20 tickets for 11:30, July 29.

We will LEAVE at 7AM, from the Bridgeville McDonalds. Which means folks should plan on meeting around 6:30AM.

We will drive faster than 55mph (watch out for those flashing red lights)

Neither TRADMIC nor Rox will be providing directions. :oops:

At least one person in each car needs to make sure Fluke has your cellphone number, so we can stay in contact with each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.