main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I wonder why I would take a Middie when I have the combo of Dawn Solo-Silas & Laura Cynd-Nazug coming back next year.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Someone doesn't update their roster enough to give me any good indications of what you need or who's on your team. ;)

Trieste likes this.
  3. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    That will be getting fixed this season :p

4. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Thank heavens. It's why my Semifinal post had to be very vague!

I laughed out loud at that one! To be honest, I'm surprised that this is the first mock draft we've ever had. I'm glad you went ahead and put it together as I most definitely approve! I think it's fantastic and I'm almost tempted to do one myself!

As for the Helmsman winner, that's actually who I thought it would be! What with the name and HSN having her as the top midfield prospect. Besides, I just have to stick it to Fortune. And if Andres winds up on the Smugglers as that mock draft predicts...oh heaven help us when the Black & Blue rolls around. That's going to get nasty. :D

To be honest, I haven't thought much about my draft board. I mean, kind of busy going to Ryloth and all. But if I get bored at work this week... ;)

5. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I'm glad it was vague it allows me to do what I plan on doing ;)

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The scary thing is, that mock draft is looking pretty accurate at this point. Nice job, Gunny.

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I spent a lot of time thinking about it. Way too much time, in fact. :p

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Speaking of having way too much time, I've been meaning to throw a couple things out there for people who want to work on the Wiki:
    • I have the old overall win-loss records recorded somewhere. The only thing is that I can't remember when I last updated them. I know I haven't touched them this season because Ryloth and Onderon are not in them. It's just a question of whether I did anything since the move. So it might take a little detective work to find out how accurate they are.
    • Similarly, people have expressed an interest in the old game that Liam and I were a part of. I have the schedules for all of those seasons stored on my hard drive. If someone had a lot of time, I'd be happy to send them along for someone to import them to the Wiki. I don't know if having every game result in those threads would be worth it to people or if you'd just want to aggregate records, show the playoff rounds, and do the PS/PA/PD stats.
    I may try to work on the awards ceremony today. If not today, definitely tomorrow. Do people want to know now, later, or not at all what awards were tied?

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll vote for later, as an afterthought for the awards post.

10. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    If you want to send me the data I will be happy to compile it all and post it into the wiki

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That will be a lot of data, but I think we'd all like to see it in one form or another.

12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I'll vote for later as well.

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The air raid comes to Mandalore! Oh this is going to be interesting. :D

And that was an excellent post Bardan_Jusik. But really now, we have to go up against Picard in games? I can just see him after his first loss.

[​IMG]

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Just wait until he adds the Picard maneuver to the offense. Resistance is futile!

And yes the image gallery of him will be nearly as extensive as the one for Glencross, though not quite as enjoyable to look at. ;)

[​IMG]

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Can I expect a particular picture when Vizsla wins a game?

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    ;) Possibly.

I do think there wil be some sort of pre-game speech about the "line being drawn here, this far no farther!". :p

[​IMG]

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I have taken a stab at writing up some things for inclusion in a Rules Post in the library thread. These would include in game rules, league rules, and game mechanics. I intend to type them up for everybody to review and discuss shortly. This is to make sure that I'm not forgetting anything in them, as well as for you guys to say, "Trieste, that sounds crazy. I should totally be allowed to assassinate League officials. How come you think that should be punishable by a fine and/or suspensions?"

And speaking of shortly, this evening I will be posting the season awards post. It needs a little bit of formating, but other than that it's ready to go.

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Wait . . . back up.

Limmie has rules?

:p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Runjedirun, nice post! One tip for you: posts are easier to read if you leave a blank line between paragraphs.

Trieste, I'm interested to see the rules post.

Jedi Gunny, yes, limmie has rules. :p

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Technically... But most of us break them anyways ;)

21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You simply break them. I smash them, pile them together, and then incinerate them. :p

Because I can.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Working on that awards post right now. Shouldn't take too long.

So on a whim I asked our resident math guru, Ramza, about whether or not the bonus rolls were, statistically speaking, actually hurting the bonus rollers compared to NPC and non-bonus rolling teams. His reply, graciously reprinted:
    So apparently all of you guys blaming my dice roller for being evil and mean might be onto something. ;)

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Then how does this explain why the Jets always win? :p

25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    In about five minutes, I threw together a spreadsheet with a table and basic formulas to calculate odds. If we ignore shutout rolls, in a game where one team has a bonus roll and the other does not, there is a 55.0% chance that the bonus roll team will win in regulation, a 42.5% chance that the non–bonus roll team will win in regulation, and a 2.5% chance of overtime. Since there is no bonus roll in overtime, the odds there are 50–50, and the 2.5% chance can be split 1.25% to each team. That means if you post and the other team does not, you have a 56.25% chance of winning.

Ramza, does that sound right to you?

Trieste likes this.