main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Padawan Academy

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Wild Sidewalker, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Our Padawan Academy is officially open and taking applications from hopefuls! If you know of a youth, ages 8 - 13, who you believe would enjoy training for the opportunity to be on the North Ridge Padawan Demonstration Team, contact any of the faculty members of the Academy: Jon Duffie, Steve Lukasik, or Bill Reynolds. Also, we will have copies of the application for the Academy at the Summer picnic.

As a Padawan Demonstration Team member a youth will have the opportunity to study a few basics of martial arts sword work and learn a lightsaber kata or “sword form” but more importantly they will work on their skills in self-discipline and teamwork in order to publicly perform the sword form in unison with their teammates. In addition, they will also have the opportunity to participate by demonstrating the sword form with the team in our major public events.

Questions, comments, please feel free to post them here.

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    If anyone would like to review the curriculum, please contact Bill Reynolds (Wildpsyd) for a copy.

3. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    Kinda wish I was able to do this :)

4. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    The Padawan Academy is ready to start classes! After discussions with Masters Duffie, Lukasik, and myself, and considering the schedule availability of the interested parents, we have determined to offer the following:

Bi-weekly, 60-minute classes, Saturdays, from 4:30 - 5:30 PM, at Master Duffie's church, starting October 5th. Looking forward to seeing parents and their signed up child-initiates at our first class!

5. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    The boys LOVED their introduction to the academy last night. They are looking forward to starting their formal training!!

6. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Thank you for allowing us to do some of the academy material with real kids. I am now very confident in what we've prepared for all the initiates.

72Princess likes this.
  7. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    First Academy training session: Saturday, October 5, 4:30 - 5:30 PM, Master Jon's church.

8. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    The Swannie boys will be unavailable for the first day, as they will be attending Hogwarts that weekend *(Harry Potter Camp at DCC- they loved SW camp so much they wanted to go again!)

9. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Bill, I won't be available - running the B&N event that afternoon with Artoo.

10. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    if jon isn't available ...do we have the church available to us??? or we have an alternate location???? or just cancelling it ???

11. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    At Dueling night Jon said he would be available after all. But it would be nice to see that written here. At this point the Swannie boys and Rockwell's son aren't going to make it. That makes about 5 kids who are potentially still planning on coming.

12. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    OK I'd still like to see confirmation from them since have event earlier in day

13. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012

14. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    So sorry, thought I had posted a message on this topic. I don't think we will be able to make this. Ty is going to be very disappointed. We need to go and do some work at our cabin that is screwing up our weekend schedule. We really want to do this and really hope we can make it to the next one. My apologies for the late notice.

15. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Today is out for me, as we are taking Christopher out for dinner and a movie this afternoon. I am hoping we will be available for the next session.

16. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Aw and wow; I didn't know you were interested, Victor! I will add you guys to the list

17. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    For today's session:

Jessica Hanes
    Alana Reynolds - confirmed
    Charles Rockwell - excused
    Tyler Saxton - excused
    Christopher Schuel - excused
    Xander Solecki
    James Swannie - excused
    Jonathan Swannie - excused
    Victoria Walworth - confirmed

At this point we have two kids confirmed and two kids unconfirmed but not excused either for a potential class size of four. If any of the unconfirmed kids could solidify their status, it would be appreciated; we need a minimum of four kids to do a session.

1250 Saunders Settlement Road, Niagara Falls

18. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Xander will not be able to make it today.

19. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Okay, that leaves us with potentially only three kids. I'm saying we are canceling today's session.

We will have our inaugural first session on Saturday, October 19, 4:30 - 5:30.

20. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    We can make that date!

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  21. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Don't foresee any conflicts at this time!

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  22. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Training session this Saturday, 4:30

quigonschuel likes this.
  23. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Currently, the possible students for this Saturday appear to be as follows:

Academy roster

Jessica Hanes - excused
    Alana Reynolds - confirmed
    Charles Rockwell -
    Tyler Saxton - confirmed
    Christopher Schuel - confirmed
    Xander Solecki - excused
    James Swannie - excused
    Jonathan Swannie - excused
    Victoria Walworth - excused

So, kinda looking light again.

How does October 26 look?

24. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Swannie boys are attending a Halloween party 3-6pm on the 26th and thus would be unavailable for Padawan training. Their next open SAT (as of today) is NOV 16.

**EDIT** The Holy Ghost Movie event is NOV 16th I am planning on attending as will most of the Padawan Academy Sensei. Nov 23rd is Thanksgiving weekend, so our boys' next available weekend is NOV 30.

25. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Sensei, will we still be holding class this weekend? The weather forecast is calling for rain. :(