main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Paintings/Artwork by wick - Updated 9/2/05 "Morning Patrol"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by wicktone, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    Wow, I got quite worried when I was scouting the Fan Art forum, I couldn't find your thread. Phew!

Anyway, impressive, I love your last piece. It reminds me of the battle of endor, don't ask why.

Anyway, hope your well...

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I must say you have to be one of the most amazing artists that I've seen. Your work easily rivals the original concept artists at LFL.

You have the most amazing ability to capture any and all environments in the SW universe. I think I particularly enjoy your pieces where you enter jungles or are inside temple types of buildings, although your Mara pieces are quite stellar also.

You're truly gifted, thank you for sharing your talent w/ the Fanart community =D==D=

3. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    wicktone: morning patrol is outstanding! this looks like it belongs in the art of prequel books! great job!! -ja

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wick!! When are you coming back from Berlin? We miss you!!! :_|

AG88

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    And here we are, 4 weeks later....

6. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I know. I have been getting a bit worried. I hope he is okay. Maybe his computer crashed. That is a depressing thought, but better than thinking harm came to this gifted artist.

Where ever you are Wick, COME BACK SOON!!!

AG88

7. Lippy

Lippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2004
    yeah come back!!!!!!!!! I miss your works!

www.barscape.net

8. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Sorry, sorry. I'm still not dead.

I actually got offered a previz job at a game company, and I decided to take it up. So I've moved and just been crazy busy. I didn't mean to leave people in a lurch.

I am not going to be able to be around much, but hopefully I'll be able to check in every once in a while to see all the great art being pumped out.

-wick

9. Omnis

Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    previz?

10. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Sorry?! We're happy you're not dead!

11. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Congrats on the new job, Wicktone!! I am glad everything is going well for you!

Does this mean we wont be seeing more of your wonderful art? [face_worried] :_|

AG88

12. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002

See! Everyone said you should be doing work like that and now look at you! Congrats man, are we allowed to know what games company? Or is it all top secret? :p

13. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    By the way, for us non-artist types, can you clarify what previz means? I assume it is an art job, but I am not quite sure doing what exactly.

AG88

14. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    wicktone!!!!
    **happy-dancing**
    [face_dancing][face_dancing]

Welcome back, wick, and a huge congratulations on your new job!! I, like everyone so far, has no idea what "previz" is, but it must have something to do with conceptual art--perhaps depicting game scenes/situations--and a big WooHoooo for that!! Utilizing your magnificent mind, eyes and hands in such a career field is just perfect! That is just the most awesome news! Congrats again, man--you deserve it big-time!

We're so glad to see you back--and we'll understand if the new job takes up a lot of time (jobs do that...). It's just so !@#$ cool to hear you made it!

**more happy-dancing**
    :D

FF

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to see you safe and sound, wicktone! I hope you had a great trip!

And congrats on the new job! We all knew you'd make it in the field some day! :D

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect his job is in a 'previsualization' department. Sorta like concept artwork. :) (That's my theory, anyway.)

Congrats on the new job wicktone. It's wonderful news!

17. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    Congrats on the new job Wick.

18. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Congrats wick on the new job! Watch, you'll drop the bomb on us and it's Lucasarts! Then you'll be making new Star Wars Videogame icons!

Even if it isn't, congratulations!

19. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    That would be so cool!! :cool: It is fantastic when somebody on these boards makes it into the professional art world (if they are not there already).

AG88

20. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    I freakin knew it! I knew the reasons for your absence were either, abducted by strange German speaking aliens, held hostage by angry French-Canadian beavers in a bid to get better superannuation payouts or you got a previz job! :D Go you good thing. It's excellent that all this hard work has paid off in a big way for you and I hope were you are you can flourish and enjoy yourself. :) See and know we can all sit back on our back porches when we're old, suckin on a peach sayin "why we knew him before he got famous. It was the winter of 04 and we had to walk fifteen miles in the snow in thongs backwards and then the depression hit."

Well that was random. [face_plain]

Congrats and best of luck mate!

*dances crazy happy ewok dance with Falcon* :D

21. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Congrats Wick! We'll miss your art but good on you! Have fun!

and yes, unless they changed things on me, Obi-Dawn Kenobi is right about what previz means.

Previsualization is concept artwork. This is done in games as well as movies and television shows to some extent. The artist is given perimeters to work by (such as how big, how many weapons, etc) for something and the artist creates the look. Then other designers in the art/techincal department go about creating it in either model or CG (depending on what's being done).

While the director of the game/movie/show might have a general idea what he wants, in the end wick will have to design it for others to create.

But correct me if I'm wrong wick, it've been a little out of touch with this in the last year and I know things can change.

22. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey, wicktone, with this new job of yours, will you have time to finish the paintings your other requesters are waiting for?

23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    =D= Well deserved. They are lucky to have you. Best wishes for the future in the new job.

24. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    well done wick! congrats! I bet you are totally exstatic about the new job.

anyway hope you make a good living for yourself there wick, and maybe one day work right next to GL.

Congrats again wick!

25. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Just beautiful! Gorgeous, atmospheric, ethereal work. Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.