main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Path of the Elements

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth_Elu, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I shall be gone for the weekend, but shall return on the night of the 30th of April. Until I return, spacelady has full control over Siyamak and Dahlia_Santary has full control over Tahmores.

Edit: 400 posts! Woo! *parties* [face_dancing]

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Le'Trouleo

Morning finally broke itself into Le'Trouleo's room at around 11:00 am. Le'Trouleo was a very late sleeper.... it was a wonderful side-affect of not having any real job. Didn't have to wake up to go tend the harvest or til the fields. As a jester, one worked when he was awake, and didn't when he was asleep.

The jester smiled as he lay in his bed, looking up into the ceilling. It was the only way to live... a life on the road. No bosses, no rules. No man had such control over his life. He thought of his family back home in the Light Nation, farmers and priests. Enslaved to the earth and the Gods. And his brothers and sisters.... marching down the same path of his mother and father. Such drones..... Le'Trouleo oftentimes felt sorry for them.

The jester stretched in his bed and sat up, his body well rested and feeling happy. He would get a great big breakfast downstairs.... maybe some flapcakes....and bacon..... Mmmmmm....

A strange white thing caught his attention. He looked at it, resting on his dresser. It was a note, with very elegant writing on it. Le'Trouleo narrowed his eyes and elegantly picked it up. On it, there was written:

"Meet me behind the Tournament Arena of yesterday and many things shall become clear to you, like your path.

The Elements beckon your appearance,
    G.o.D."

The Jester looked to the door. It was still closed and locked. How peculiar that someone could get into his room. His eyes then darted over to his next most precious position. The money he got from yesterday. Also still present. So it was definitely not a thief.

Le'Trouleo pursed his lips. Well, he certainly would not pass this up. It wasn't because he particularly cared about his destiny or what have you. But he did have nothing else better to do. And now he was very curious about who this character, G.o.d., was, someone who sneaks into peoples rooms but does not thieve.

It was eiter that or entertaining some more.... but he really didn't need any more money. Nah, he would so be along for the ride.

An hour or so later, Le'Trouleo headed down the stairs of the inn and to the small kitchen the keeper operated. It was good business to boast a Bed and Breakfast... keeps alot of the money in-house with minimal investment. Le'Trouleo sat down as the innkeeper strolled on over to him.

"Hello sir!" Le'Trouleo said cheerily. His mood complimented his bright costume perfectly.

The inn-keeper.... needless to say.... did not share his mood, and got his order out soon enough. Perhaps that one was even less of a morning person? Or he was, but had a very bad one. The jester ate his breakfast with a happy tune, then, satisfied, left the inn-keeper a hearty tip. Perhaps that would cheer him up.

The Jester strolled outside after a quick jump into his room to gather his things. Though he didn't plan to leave the town... should he need to, he wanted to be more than able to. Now where did he have to go again? Behind the stadium or something. He would have to head on over there...

TAG: Nein!

OOC: Should you go about with the plot progression on the Second or the Third, consider Le'Trouleo walking up to it a little later than all the rest

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Magnus

Magnus sat, still in the early morning. The sun had not yet come up, and he doubted many people were awake.

The note was stored safely in his tunic, and he still sat beneath the tree. He rubbed his hands together, feeling a bit cold. Magnus noticed the old scar on his left palm, and thought about it. It wasn't deep, or easily noticeable, but it carried a lot of memories.

Memories he'd much rather forget.

Magnus woke up, in the early light of his family's hut. In the silence of the stone room, he could hear his siter breathing slowly. She slept in the room next to him, but a stone house had excellent acoustics.

He sat up in bed, his light hair falling into his face. He brushed it away, and stood out of the bed. Through his window, he saw the faint light of dawn creeping through. The river was nearby, and he clambered out of his window, eager for a swim.

His sixteen-year-old body was thin and fit. He dashed to the river and dove in, the cool water waking him up.

Four an hour, he splashed about, before getting out and drying in the early morning sun. He saw his parents watching from the window, smiling at him. he grinned back, and ran in for breakfast.

Drifitng back from memories, Magnus frowned. That day would live forever in his mind, the last day with his family.

Tag: Any who want it

4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I am back and take possession of Siyamak and Tahmores once again, post coming up later tonight.

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Sorry about that, suffered a sun stroke and other "Fun" things and it hampered my posting ability. Anyway, lets get this journey on the road, shall we?

Destios, Goddess of Destiny IC:

There was a flash of light and yet darkness and yet nothing at all behind the Gladiatorial Arena in Tera City as Destios, the Goddess of Destiny, suddenly appeared. Her wavy chocolate brown hair cascaded down past her shoulders elegantly and her turqoise eyes darted around briefly, seeing no one around. That would change soon enough, though she did not state a time that she had sent on any of her letters, it was only Destiny after all that they'd all show up around the same time and not too far into the day anyway. She smiled to herself.

The first person to show up was none other than the entertainer she had spotted during the Festival of the Mortals. Le'Trouleo was his name, ah yes, Destios remembered when she and Prospera had talked of him just before allowing his birth. An intriguing fellow that one. And he still was, just like she had written.

Next one to show up was stumbling and obviously in a bit of pain, the one Maltimos saved from missing out on his path. Siyamak Damia, an internally conflicted and ever philosophical one. She smiled to herself, his story was yet to be finished actually, a constant revision. Which usually led to the internal conflicts. So now a Light and Death clansmen had showed up.

She simply smiled and nodded to them, standing before them silently. They remained silent as well as soon enough all the others soon showed up as well.

Waving her hand in there and rotating her wrist sharply, some chairs appeared and she motioned for all to sit. For any who wished to stand, a chair hadn't appeared for them as Destios knew they'd stand. Destios herself sat in a chair she made.

"Welcome everyone, how has the Festival treated you?"

Tag: Everyone

6. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: i'd like to come back into the RPG but i got very lost and now i have no clue whats going on. Could someone please explain and tag me.

Thanks

7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Not very much has happened, but that's about to change, the actual journey and storyline is just about to begin, good time to jump back in.

The Gladiatorial Tournament is over, everyone has gone through one day and night of the Festival, and when the woke up the next morning they saw a note that said to meet them behind the Gladiatorial Arena where their path would become clear to them. It was signed by "G.o.D."

From my last post, it was obviously the Goddess of Destiny. So now everyone is going behind the Arena and a conversation with Destios is where we're at.

By the way, congratulations on your new baby, Charisma. :)

8. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Alright, that's it, I've waited long enough on DE, I'm moving onto the next morning. :p

IC as Bresaadi Droverson

After spending a few hours walking around the festival with T'aren, Bresaadi said goodnight to him and headed off for her tent, hoping to fall asleep to some a long night of resting the day's previous battles off and relax some of her nerves. She was soon welcomed with a few sweet dreams as she slept peacefully in her tent, under the stars.

When the sun's light poured into her tent, Bresaadi awoke with a start. Being part of the light clan, Bresaadi had a mental sun clock. Everytime it would set, her would soon be tired and head for bed, and as soon as it began its ascent up the sky, she would awaken. She had this routine ever since she was a little girl.

Bresaadi stretched as she stood up and gathered her silk blonde hair together, twisting it until it folded down on itself, and then pulled the ends through. This kept it up and away from her face as she prepared to change out of her night gown to the new clothes she would be wearing today.

Just as Bresaadi would about to pull her gown off, her blue eyes caught sight of a note next to her make-shift bed. She did a touble take to make sure it wasn't her sleepy mind fooling her. Heading over to it, the light user picked it up and read it.

"Meet me behind the Tournament Arena of yesterday and many things shall become clear to you, like your path.

G.o.D."

"Hmm... I wonder what this is all about?"

Whatever it would be, she would find out soon enough. She hurried out of her night gown and changed into a light blue gown with a layered skirt that billowed in the breeze, the bottom layer being a darker blue than the top layer. The long sleeves draped from her arms and swished around as she pulled her blonde hair down and tried to get the all of the tangles out, then quickly slipped her feet into darker blue sandles with beads around it. This style was common in the light lands.

Bresaadi picked up the note again and hurried out of her tent, but made it look like she wasn't trying to hurry. She quickly found her way to the arena, and then found the back area the note had spoken of. Several people were already there, but she was definitely not the last. The Goddess of Destiny was already there and had waved her hand around, allowing several chairs to appear. A chair appeared right behind Bresaadi, so she accepted it gracefully taking her seat.

Bresaadi remained quietly, letting the others answer for her.

Tag: Destiny and All

IC as Darstina Wolfswift

Darstina woke up to a note nearby. She tiredly reached out and brought it back to her, still lying in bed. She reread it several times, after first taking no heed to it, but the next times pushing the sleepiness away and stared at it confused.

"What?"

Darstina pushed the covers back and got out of her makeshift bed, pulling her night gown off and slipping into a crimson red gown, a gold belt dangling from her curvy hips. She pulled her dark red hair back and braided it, using a gold tie to tie it back. She slipped into red shoes and hurried out of the tent, almost colliding with another person, but dodging him only slightly. She had no time to explain for she hated being late.

Darstina found the back of the arena and the Goddess of Destiny made several chairs appear, none of them for Darstina. She wished to stand.

Darstina grinned. "It's been wonderful."

Tag: Destiny and All

9. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    OOC: ticopuma has given me permission to influence his character a bit in this post, just to speed things up a bit for our characters.

IC: Traya Noik

That tavern proved to be well loaded. Traya had asked men to buy her a drink before, but Y?Amer went a few extra miles. It just so happened that all the rumors of the Plant clansmen being the drinkers of the world were more than true.

Traya had no idea how so many empty glasses got pilled on their table so fast. All she recalled was the strong smell of alcohol she knew was being impressed into her clothes and skin. Noik had to admit, for a woman she was a strong drinker, but they were ordering pint after pint like she ever had before. Pretty soon, they were both beyond the physical world, and thrust into a pink and yellow fantasy.

The Wind wielder wasn?t sure when she and Y?Amer left the tavern, but she remembered the city that spread out for them after they left. Day turned into night, all oblivious to them both. The two elementals lost themselves in the night?s events, watching horses fly across the sky and the stars dancing around the moon. Shows after competitions after dances, it all went by in less than three minutes in Traya?s head. Then all went black for the rest of the night.

Now, the morning sun light slipped through her room?s window curtains, casting long rays across her bed. Once awareness punched its way back into her mind, she noticed the light and shielded her eyes in reflex with a gasp. In a moment she shut up on her bed and looked around disoriented. She was back in the room she had rented last week when she arrived in Terra. When had she gotten there?

Shielding her eyes from the sun, she looked down on herself and saw she was still in her clothes. So, she hadn?t even had the coherency to change to a sleep gown. The taste in her mouth made her gag for a moment and she tossed her sheets across the bed and slipped her legs over the edge, but once her feet touched the floor the floor shook and made a snorting sound.

Traya jerked her legs up in surprise and looked over the edge of the bed. Tahmores! The dark dog lay at the foot of her bed. She?d forgotten to bring him back to his owner, because she was too busy getting drunk! Murmuring a curse, Traya reached down and patted the dog?s head.

?I am so sorry,? she apologized sincerely. ?I'm glad I didn?t leave you out there!?

She flinched at the sound of her voice. It was so loud. Sighing, she stepped down from the bed and pulled back her still braided hair. ?I hope Damia doesn?t think I dognapped you,? she told the dog, laughing at her own comment. Dognapping a Death clan?s soldier?s dog. That sounded like something her little sister would come up with.

Walking up to the small mirror on the wall, she noticed something tucked into the frame, a little piece of paper. Traya looked at it for a while, still a little woozy and not sure what she was doing or seeing.

Tentatively, she reached out for it and turned it around. The material was of fine texture. Written on the back on elegant letters was a short note.

G.o.D."

Was this a hoax?! Who in their right mind would use the gods? names in vain? It was insulting! Traya almost ripped the paper in pieces, but something about its signature held her hand bound back.

G.o.D...

Why would any god ever appear to her? Her, a drunk stable girl from a Wind clan village? Impossible, but that signature whispered her name to it. She looked out the window. Was it possible the wind had blown it in? Very unlikely that the wind could have tucked into the mirror frame though. Unless...magic.

She checked her door. It was locked from the inside. No one could have gotten in, even if she had been ad hung over as she was. The paper wasn?t there by accident.

She couldn?t understand th

10. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for the short post, but I couldn't really think of anything else

IC: Thorr

Thorr awoke and saw the note, nailed to the tree he was sleeping next to. This was strange, seeing as Thorr was sure that we would have waken up had someone made a nighttime visit to his campsite, years on the road had taught him that habbit, and it was one Thorr relied on every night. It had saved his butt many a time.

Thorr put an undershirt on and walked over and read the note.

Why shouldn't he go? He had nothing to lose...

Thorr quickly packed up his camp, put on his only set of clothes and equpment, and was off within fifteen minutes, without a sign of his ever being there (another necesity on the road that had saved him many tiimes).

As he arrived at the appointed place, Thorr saw that there were few there. He couldn't decide weather this was an exclusive oppurtunity and he was late, or many people were invited and he was early. Only time would tell.

TAG: Any who want to talk, Destiny

11. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    IC: Y'amer S'ap

A bright light awoke Y'amer the morning after the festival. "What?" asked Y'amer to himself, looking around to see where he was. The past night had gone by before Y'amer's eyes. All he could remeber was buying a drink from Traya. It seems, that they had numerous drinks and time flew by Y'amer.

As the light shined threw the window, Y'amer pulled the covers over his face. The only thing he wanted to do was sleep the rest of the day. Ah, the side effects of drinking. Y'amer spread his arm out, hoping to find a glass of water to drink on the nightstand. Unfortunatley there was no water, but there was a piece of parchment.

He grabbed the pice of parchment and slowly sat up, starring away from the sun. The note read"

G.o.D."

"Huh?" Y'amer asked himself. Y'amer was quite a bit puzzled at why this note was on his nightstand. A god surely didnt bring this to him personally, and he doubted that an immoral would send someone to bring it. Odd.

Y'amer then figured maybe it was because of his 2nd place finish in the tournament. He slowly walked off the bed, and slipped his weapons on his back.

"Might as well." he said as he walked out the door, slipping the note in his pocket.

TAG: ANy

12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Destios IC:

Destios smiled as Darstina, a fire elemental was one who answered her question.

"Always good to hear, I and the others were hoping you'd enjoy it," she looked up to see more people coming, "and I know some people really enjoyed themselves."

She nodded toward Traya Noik of the Wind people as she approached, with a blink of one eye that no one saw, Traya's hangover was gone and she felt 100% again.

Destios chuckled mentally. Mortals.

"The Earth Clan has very strong alcohol, I see you learned that. Welcome to the conversation, Traya Noik, and to you too Thorr Prenn."

Destios also nodded over to Y'amer S'ap as he eventually approached. Almost everyone was present. Excellent.

Siyamak Damia IC:

Siyamak looked behind him from where he sat in one of the chairs Destios had made from magic at the mention of Traya. Alcohol? Maybe she got drunk last night, amusing thought. But hey, a Festival was there to have fun after all.

He gave a faint smile as Tahmores caught sight of him, barked once happily, and ran over to him. The dog's tail wagged and he circled around him once before sitting and resting his head on Damia's knee. Siyamak smiled again and petted his dog while he waved a hello at Traya before turning attention back to Destios.

Seemed like she was waiting for a few more people.

Tag: Traya, anyone else

13. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    IC: Traya Noik

The streets looked a lot emptier this morning, now that most of the populace was probably still beneath their covers. Traya quicken her pace down the stone walk way towards the Arena, resting her hand on her sword?s hilt. Siyamak?s dog, Tahmores followed behind her.

If this truly turned out to be just an elaborate hoax, whoever had pulled it wasn?t going to enjoy the rest of the day. Good humored pranks were of a tolerant nature, but ones that involved the Immortals? names was deserving of foal consequence. It was insulting!

She hastened her steps more, pulling her veil from her head and tying it around her waist. A veil felt ridiculous with that heat, she thought, wishing she had tied her hair before leaving her room.

Not much later, Traya finally reached the Arena and circled it around to the back. Many people were gathered there, was the first thing she noticed. Then a familiar figure caught her sight above anything else around.

The Goddess of Destiny, Destios, stood before the group. Traya immediately vowed her head solemnly.

?...and I know some people really enjoyed themselves."

She nodded toward Traya Noik of the Wind people as she approached, with a blink of one eye that no one saw, Traya's hangover was gone and she felt 100% again.

Destios chuckled mentally. Mortals.

"The Earth Clan has very strong alcohol, I see you learned that. Welcome to the conversation, Traya Noik, and to you too Thorr Prenn."

Traya simply smiled and nodded back at the goddess. Yes, the Earth Clan did indeed have very strong alcohol. She and Y?Amer had found that out last night well enough. Then she caught sight of a familiar face, and so did Tahmores. Barking, the dog ran away from her side and headed over back to his master. Siyamak smiled and patted Tahmores with affection, and then the dog simply rested his head on his knee.

?Damia!? cried Traya, walking over to the Death clansmen. ?I thought you weren?t allowed back into the city. What are you doing here??

She caught sight of a few red stripes on his shoulder and added, ?Are you alright??

TAG: Elu, Any

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Fa'Kira and Na'Zine - The meeting spot.

As they stood, quielty watching, they noticed more and more of the people from the day before, making there way towards where the note had said to meet. Kira looked over at Na'Zine. "Guess that clears up THAT question..." she said with a wink, and she began to follow along, twirling her staff happilly. Cerbus gave a small 'woof' next to her, as they walked.

Na'Zine however, was quiet, thinking of the words he had heard the day before, as they made their way towards the meeting area. He wondered what this was all about, and was certain that there was certainlly more going on, than they were being told. But at least, they would not be alone. He simply along longside his cheerful friend, until they small the small group, standing in front of one of the Immortals. When he saw WHO it was, those words from before seemed to echo in his skull. They joined the group, silienty listening, as they tried to hear if they had missed anything important.

TAG: THEM FOLKS!

15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Siyamak Damia IC:

Siyamak continued to scratch Tahmores behind the ears and looked up at the approaching Wind woman, whom he nodded toward as she called his last name. She seemed surprised, he didn't exactly blame her.

As she got over to him, he closed his eyes and mentally shook off some pain trying to override his senses from the night before. The soreness was always a pain, especially the blood. Sometimes they'd start to bleed randomly. Not fun.

When he reopened his eyes, he looked back up at her and listened. And a good question he posed her, a good one indeed.

"I don't know to be honest, Traya. They just said I was allowed back this morning and then I saw the note in the tent I was in. It was...strange. But I see who is before us and I don't question." Too much anyway.

He glanced at Destios briefly and saw she was gazing quietly at everyone situating themselves, the immortal thinking her own thoughts at the moment.

The next question from Traya brought him back to the conversation at hand though.

"Nothing I'm not used to," he responded with a faint smile and shrug. The pain was there from the lashes, but it was indeed something he was used to.

Tag: Traya, anyone else

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Since its so quiet....

Na'Zine and Fa'Kira

Na'Zine nudged his companion, as he noticed the Elemental standing, as if waiting for something. Together, they both walked towards the being.
    Fa'Kira looked around, looking at the other contestants as well. She wondered what was going on, that so many were called.

Curious. She wondered why the secret note. What would the Elementals want with them? Fa'Kira patted Cerbus on the head, as he stood closely to his mistress, looking at all the other people standing around them. Another dog was close by, and Cerbus wagged his tail, hopeful.

TAG:Any

17. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004

Le'Trouleo hung around near the back of the crowd as a whole bunch of folks came over from the tournament. He recognized the woman he was chatting with in the stands. How marvellous that she too recieved the note. But she was now with a friend. Hmmmm. And the tournament winner no less!

The jester yawned as observed the immortal, Destinos was it?, that was in the middle of the group. Immortals were all well and good, but he, well, had had bad experiences with the Pantheon of Gods. His parents were extremely.... nah, no use to dig up all those memories now. He had respect for the immortals, and knew their proper place in the world, but wasn't exactly a fan, per say.

The man made six small light-balls, each a color of the rainbow, and had them fly around his right hand, weaving and floating in the air. The colors they weaved were very.... therapeutic.

He would wait and see what happened next. Passivity and keen observational skills were important in his trade, and Le'Trouleo was very very good at both of them. Let the heros do the acting, the truey intelligent ride in their wakes. What would happen next would be... well.... destiny. Thats what Destinos did after all.

The man smiled at his personal joke and found a comfy wall to lean against...

TAG: Groupies

18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    IC: Thorr

Thorr was sticking to himslef, as usual, when he noticed a woman standing with a dog. He walked on over. There was no harm in a little human contact every once and a while.

"Hey. So do you have any idea why we are all here?"

It wasn't the best way to start a conversation, but it was better than nothing. Thorr had never been and suspected he never would be a master at the small talk.

TAG: Fa'Kira

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: I'll just pretend everyone is there now, if you haven't posted saying you're there listening to Destios, just pretend you have been. ;)

Destios watched them all in turn, her turqoise eyes sparkling when she noticed that everyone she had invited had finally showed up and took their places, either sitting or standing. Excellent. When they all quieted their conversations and began paying attention to her again, she smiled as she held out her arms like she was going to hug them all briefly.

"Welcome all of you, it is good to see you all here," she put her arms down and clasped her hands as she looked at them all still, "you have been called here for a reason, I don't do random calls after all. Maybe some of the other Immortals playfully every now and then, but I don't. We have been watching all of you, especially those of you that were in the Gladiatorial Tournament and we are ready now.

This Elemental war all of your clans have been waging for a long time now has gotten quite out of control, even I have a hard time helping to reign in at least a brief control. As Goddess of Destiny I could write an end to it all, but believe it or not, that's how out of control it has become. I cannot do as such, however, there is a way that has arrived that can end this elemental war and restore peace among all of your clans. This occasional Month of Peace can become an Eternal Life of Peace. Sound good?

But, that's not all, and this takes more importance than the war. The main reason we have summoned all of you here, the end of the Elemental War is only a secondary thing. There is a grave threat we have been noticing growing outside of our control, all attempts we've made to stop it have been prevented. I admit, our attempts were weak at best, for we've been busy with our own things, despite the immensity of this. This puts your mortal civilization and perhaps us Immortals all at risk together. Our way of life could be destroyed and all of you killed, none to survive. Us Immortals will be thrown into confusion and chaos...we could even be eliminated. For you see, you must know, that the only way to kill an Immortal...is by another Immortal. Doesn't work otherwise.

There is a...monster, we suppose it is, a creature of some sort that has appeared and is cultivating more and more power, it poses this threat to us all. It could be Immortal, it could destroy us all completely. We do not know how it has come to be. With us all busy and doing other preperations for a possible defense against this thing, we need to attack it as a pre-emptive measure too...this is where you come in. Your task is to hunt it down, for we know not where it is, and annihilate it...as well as many other side quests along the way to better our civilization and help slowly bring peace to the Elemental Clans.

What do you all have to say before I give further information and send you on your way?"

And that was that, thought Destios. For the Goddess of Destiny, she was a very business-like, straightforward Immortal woman and it was clearly showing here. Only time would tell how the assembled mortals would react.

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Fa'Kira and Na'Zine
    Terra City, Behind the Arena

Fa'Kira and Na'Zine looked around at the other who had arrived. So, it seemed as if all of the tourneyment fighters had been called. Na'Zine spotted what looked like a juggler. Why would he get summoned. He pointed out the man to Fa'Kira, and was suprised when she smiled, and nodded. "Thats Le'Trouleo." she said with a small laugh. "He's an illusionist..I guess a light user. I met him eariler, while I was up in the stands. She smiled, and gave Le'Trouleo a small wave, just as another person stepped towards them.

"Hey. So do you have any idea why we are all here?" he asked them. Fa'Kira shook her head, as she reached down, and petted Cerbus. "Nope. Not a clue. But I think we're about to find out." she stated as she nodded towards the Elemental, who looked ready to speak.

Meanwhile, Na'Zine had inched himself forward abit. He wanted to find out what this was all about. Destios watched them all in turn, she then smiled as she held out her arms like she was going to hug them all briefly. "Welcome all of you, it is good to see you all here," she put her arms down and clasped her hands as she looked at them all still, "you have been called here for a reason, I don't do random calls after all. Maybe some of the other Immortals playfully every now and then, but I don't. We have been watching all of you, especially those of you that were in the Gladiatorial Tournament and we are ready now." Fa'Kira shook slightly. Watching them? She laid her hand on Cerbus head, already not liking how this was going. Na'Zine just seemed to be taking it on in, quietly.

Destios continued, "This Elemental war all of your clans have been waging for a long time now has gotten quite out of control, even I have a hard time helping to reign in at least a brief control. As Goddess of Destiny I could write an end to it all, but believe it or not, that's how out of control it has become. I cannot do as such, however, there is a way that has arrived that can end this elemental war and restore peace among all of your clans. This occasional Month of Peace can become an Eternal Life of Peace. Sound good? " She paused for effect. "But, that's not all, and this takes more importance than the war. The main reason we have summoned all of you here, the end of the Elemental War is only a secondary thing. There is a grave threat we have been noticing growing outside of our control, all attempts we've made to stop it have been prevented. I admit, our attempts were weak at best, for we've been busy with our own things, despite the immensity of this. This puts your mortal civilization and perhaps us Immortals all at risk together. Our way of life could be destroyed and all of you killed, none to survive. Us Immortals will be thrown into confusion and chaos...we could even be eliminated. For you see, you must know, that the only way to kill an Immortal...is by another Immortal. Doesn't work otherwise. " Na'Zine eyes narrowed, as he began to recall the eariler words from the tourneyment. He did NOT like the direction this converstaion was going. Peace year round, was always a great thing..but, another threat? He listened closely.

"There is a...monster, we suppose it is, a creature of some sort that has appeared and is cultivating more and more power, it poses this threat to us all. It could be Immortal, it could destroy us all completely. We do not know how it has come to be. With us all busy and doing other preperations for a possible defense against this thing, we need to attack it as a pre-emptive measure too...this is where you come in. Your task is to hunt it down, for we know not where it is, and annihilate it...as well as many other side quests along the way to better our civilization and help slowly bring peace to the Elemental Clans. " The silence was deafening. She added, "What do you all have to say before I give further information and send you on your way?"

Na'Zine didnt waste any time. He spoke up, his low voice controlled,

21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003

Destios smiled at the quick reply from Na'Zine, she was hardly surprised by what he said.

"Yes, it could be Immortal. And you all know perfectly well that you're all mortal, no need for sarcasm Mr. Ya'warri. But there is a chance it is mortal, that you can destroy it...and if not," a pause for breath, "if not, even mortals can hold their own against an Immortal if prepared and usually in numbers. Na'Zine Ya'warri, you should know this yourself, you held an impressing amount of time against Demonblade in one-on-one combat, did you not?"

The Goddess' tone was sharp and on the razor's edge of teetering into the sound of irritation, yet light and perfectly calm at the same time. Immortals and their many paradoxes and contradictions.

"Weaken the thing if at all possible, and then we will aid you if you can't destroy it." Surely, she didn't need to explain who we was.

And she knew the worry was on some minds, At what cost?

Her tone here was simple, sharp, and to the point, her eyes narrowing. Those with the previous thought in their heads thought it was aimed straight at them. Here, Destios showed the cruelty, yet ugly fairness and logic behind a Destiny. Behind a Fate. Behind an Immortal. Though, perhaps, one would still argue. There was one that always did, but perhaps not. Maybe these mortals would actually understand unlike most fools of the age.

"The cost could be all your lives, some more...perhaps many more, and perhaps lots of destruction to the land. Who knows, not even I. But," her tone reached its sharpest point here, almost making the others wince, "What does the cost matter in such a situation? Worry about your lives, in total number, somewhere around twenty, correct? Versus, what? Millions? Tens of millions? Would you really cower like a worm and hide from the honor of the responsibility given to you. And whether or not it could kill you and strip you from this life....in so doing, you take your own life. And in an act of cowardice rather than heroism or pure logic. And not just your life, but those around you. The person to your left? Dead. The person to your right? Dead. Front and back? Dead. Me? Perhaps dead or just...lost." She seemed to glare and yet look as peaceful as she had the beginning, none would dare interrupt her at this point.

"You or Everything? Do you risk your life to save your friends, your family, and all of civilization? Maybe even the land itself as well. Or do you shrink away and just let what comes...come. Do you know the consequences your then selfish act would have? Of course not, you have no comprehension. Maybe even I have not a clue. Not the tiniest whiff.

Do you recognize what you have to do? Or do you hide behind your pitiful self-righteous act of self-preservation in such a time? Forget defying what I and the other Immortals would hope to do, think of defying just one. Prospera. She who gave life to all after the Being of Creation sent the designs to her. You let all crumble and fade. Because you couldn't be bothered with such a task, daunting though it is. As almost, insane as it is. Destiny doesn't make sense, ladies and gentlemen. I know this better than anyone. Nor should it make sense. For it to seem insane is the best way to not fall to psychotics.

And for another route of thought you possibly and probably have. You think we're doing nothing, we haven't been able to do much unforunately, yes. But we have come to you. Isn't that something? Consider that, mortals.

So go ahead, if you dare to walk away. Walk away and kill your loved ones. Kill yourself. Just know. It was your fault. You would be the Destroyer of All, the Bane of Existance. None else could take the blame. It would be YOU!"

Destios composed herself.

"Anything else before I hand what I do know to you and send you off...or bid goodbye to you?"

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Fa'Kira and Na'Zine
    Terra City, Behind the Arena

Na'Zine's mouth clamped shut so hard, that Fa'Kira could actually hear a soft snap as the Immortal responded. to his questions.
    "Yes, it could be Immortal. And you all know perfectly well that you're all mortal, no need for sarcasm Ya'warri. But there is a chance it is mortal, that you can destroy it...and if not," a pause for breath, "if not, even mortals can hold their own against an Immortal if prepared and usually in numbers. Na'Zine Ya'warri, you should know this yourself, you held an impressing amount of time against Demonblade in one-on-one combat, did you not?"

Na'Zine stayed silent. He cared less for how irritated she might be. He wanted to know as much as possible about this creature. Amazing. Na'Zine had great respect for the Immortals and such. Until now. At least for this Immortal. What did she expect? Of course they would ask questions. Fa'Kira looked from one to the other, not liking the signs she was reading in her partner.

"Weaken the thing if at all possible, and then we will aid you if you can't destroy it." Fa'Kira laid her hand on Na'Zine's arm, trying to calm him.

The Immortal's tone was simple, sharp, and to the point, her eyes narrowing, responding almost as if she hard heard Fa'Kira's thoughts. "The cost could be all your lives, some more...perhaps many more, and perhaps lots of destruction to the land. Who knows, not even I. But," her tone reached its sharpest point here, almost making the others wince, "What does the cost matter in such a situation? Worry about your lives, in total number, somewhere around twenty, correct? Versus, what? Millions? Tens of millions? Would you really cower like a worm and hide from the honor of the responsibility given to you. And whether or not it could kill you and strip you from this life....in so doing, you take your own life. And in an act of cowardice rather than heroism or pure logic. And not just your life, but those around you. The person to your left? Dead. The person to your right? Dead. Front and back? Dead. Me? Perhaps dead or just...lost." She seemed to glare and yet look as peaceful. It was creapy to Fa'Kira. She felt Na'Zine's muscles tense.

"You or Everything? Do you risk your life to save your friends, your family, and all of civilization? Maybe even the land itself as well. Or do you shrink away and just let what comes...come. Do you know the consequences your then selfish act would have? Of course not, you have no comprehension. Maybe even I have not a clue. Not the tiniest whiff." She paused slightly. Do you recognize what you have to do? Or do you hide behind your pitiful self-righteous act of self-preservation in such a time? Forget defying what I and the other Immortals would hope to do, think of defying just one. Prospera. She who gave life to all after the Being of Creation sent the designs to her. You let all crumble and fade. Because you couldn't be bothered with such a task, daunting though it is. As almost, insane as it is. Destiny doesn't make sense, ladies and gentlemen. I know this better than anyone. Nor should it make sense. For it to seem insane is the best way to not fall to psychotics."

'Uh-oh.' Fa'Kira thought to herself, as she felt the muscles in Na'Zine's arm flex. He gently reached down, and moved her hand. His jaw was clinched. Oh, why did they send THIS one to speak to them? Destios continued her tyrade.

"And for another route of thought you possibly and probably have. You think we're doing nothing, we haven't been able to do much unforunately, yes. But we have come to you. Isn't that something? Consider that, mortals. So go ahead, if you dare to walk away. Walk away and kill your loved ones. Kill yourself. Just know. It was your fault. You would be the Destroyer of All, the Bane of Existance. None else could take the blame. It would be YOU!" Destios composed herself. Far too late. Fa'Kira could practically feel the 'snap' inside of NaZine. "NaZ?" she spoke softly.

"Anyt

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003

Destios watched quietly as Na'Zine marched off and grumbled, while Fa'Kira redirected the blame in question to her and went off to console her partner. As if the Goddess of Destiny was hurt with such actions, she merely smiled.

It mattered not, they would go on the quest. It was far too important. Despite the tone and way she laid things out, it still would have to grip these mortals into going or truly show their cowardice.

Destios looked at the others, "What say all of you?"

Siyamak Damia IC:

Siyamak stayed silent, taking it all in from where he sat petting Tahmores. It was hard to wrap his mind around, but he was doing the best he could. Since everyone else seemed to be having trouble, he spoke up with a question of his own.

"What of the creature? Abilities? Physical appearance?"

"We know not of its abilities as far as it seems to have some kind of connection to both light based attacks and darkness based attacks. Very peculiar. And its appearance is also a mystery to us. For now though, you'll recognize it by a bright black, if that makes sense to you, glow around it. Black, but too bright of a light to see what truly lurks inside it. This is it gathering its power."

Siyamak thought about this and asked another, "And this other information?"

Destios regarded Siyamak quietly then responded, "There is a temple east of here, in the Wild Frontier where no Elemental Clans or Non-Elementals have control. Few towns there, just wilderness as you all know.

There is some sort of temple there that is giving off power to the creature as well. And some sort of magical barrier preventing any Immortals to getting close. Only mortals can cross this invisible barrier. Before you tackle the creature, you must head east to the Wild Frontier and destroy this temple, disrupt the thing's power source. Beware, however, there is a handful of guardians of it."

"I see..." trailed off Siyamak.

"Anything else? Anyone?" asked Destios once more.

OOC: Come on people, please respond here. If you're busy, well, when you can make even just a small post. As long as I know you're still around.

24. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: I'm still here! :p

IC as Bresaadi Droverson

Bresaadi simply just stared at the Goddess of Destiny. Was she hearing right? Were the Immortals truly in danger? The light user found herself at a loss for words, needing to back track a bit and repeat the words over and over in her mind until the meaning finally set in.

Bresaadi felt honored they would ask such a quest to the group of people, but at the same time, felt a ping of sadness. As Destios had said, they could very well lose their lives trying to safe the Immortals, and the entire world. This had to have been a dream... a dream that she couldn't wake up from. She slid her hand under her blue sleeve and pinched her arm, trying to wake herself. Her face tightened faintly from the pinch. Nope. Still awake.

"How do you expect us to defeat this thing? If the Immortals have troubles, how do you know it won't be harder for us? Us non-immortals?"

Tag: Destios and Everyone

25. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Yeah, I'm still here as well...

The Jester listened carefully to what the Goddess all had to say. A strange beast that the gods could not touch? How peculiar! And now they wanted this group to go on a mystical quest. This group? Wait, that included himself as well! The Gods wanted him, a mere clown, to go with these people?

The man had traveled enough to know not to question the gods, dispite his disdain for them. He knew that they, especially Destinos, did nothing without reason, reading the cosmic lines of fate and weaving them together, like a skilled old woman at the loom. But then what would be his role? He couldn't fight, surely the gods knew that. Perhaps they wanted him to entertain this troop of warriors? To make sure they remain in high spirits and ready to fight?

It most certainly was something.

The Goddess continued to ask for questions, as if she was waiting for something. But Le'Trouleo had no questions to say. He of all these people had no cares for which to concern himself of. He could just as easily tag himself along with this band as he could travel to any other town in the realm. Normally he would care for money, but not now, not after this festival.

The Jester continued to watch from the periphery of the group...

TAG: No one in particular

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.