main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Phantom Menace 3D Review

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by kypzethdurron, Feb 8, 2012.

1. EmSeeSquared

EmSeeSquared Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2004
    very interesting thoughts. there needs to be more fans like you instead of all the haters out there.

as to video reviews, prose vs video is really a personal opinion, but i can respect if you prefer prose. i suppose it has to do with whether a video can hold your attention or not. there are of course several video hosts who have weak voices, or don't know quite what to say, very unscripted (tho my vids haven't been scripted yet), and just fail to hold one's attention, depending who you are. i'm doing videos because i'm a very large fan of James Rolfe (Angry Video Game Nerd) and Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic), who are both thoroughly entertaining and easy to hold attention, and am trying to get my own webshow started, and the few vlogs i've done so far are the early starting points of doing so.

2. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks. There are certainly some good fans out there. Ever visited the Lard Biscuit website? Check out the "cinema" section -->

http://www.lardbiscuit.com/cinema.html

Yeah. It's an attractive format when it's used correctly. I wish you all the best!

3. EmSeeSquared

EmSeeSquared Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2004
    can't say i've been there. looks interesting. i have however been to the Prequel Appreciation Society, and acertainpointofview.net

thank you for your support. please share with your friends.

4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Exactly how I felt. It enhanced the background just enough to where you noticed the effect without it be a distraction. I look forward the rest!

5. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    I loved TPM in 3D! It was the first 3D movie I saw, and it won't be the last. I can not wait till next fall to see AOTC and ROTS. It also helps that I love these movies. TPM came out at the right time for me. The first half of 2012 has been THE worst year of my life, TPM helped me out through it. Saw it four times. Made me feel everything was going to be alright, even if it was for only 2:15 min. All the films have helped me through good times and bad times. But TPM helped me through the worst.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Still waiting for the Blu-ray (mostly for the extras).

tuskinraiderfromhell likes this.
  7. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004

I don't have a 3D T.V. but, I'm hoping it has a ton of never before seen extras, that will work on a regular flat screen of course. ;)

8. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    This is a Star Wars forum; of course there are those who wish to discuss it.

I believe that the fact that it is indeed still talked about, is a testimony to the originals rather than to the prequels

9. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I love originals, but it's the prequels that made me a fan. I wouldn't be on the SW boards at all without them.

Alexrd and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  10. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I speak spanish and at times when Watto gets angry or questions something I swear he's cussing in spanish at least it sounds like he is

11. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I saw it.

Yup, it's still The Phantom Menace, alright...