main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Philly Outerrim BBQ - August 23rd

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Maleficant, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    OK this is the offical thread for this event. Chris/Skidder was kind enough to host this event at his house. This event is only for members of the Philly Outer Rim and their guests. Spouses, dates and children of members are welcome to attend.

There will be a meeting before hand so please try to make it to this event.

RSVP by August 16th by either posting here are PMing me directly.

We are asking everyone to also bring something for the BBQ, we still need the following items, please indicate what you are bringing when you RSVP.

What we have already:
    Hamburgers & Hot Dogs
    Condiments
    Pasta Salad
    Potato Salad
    Soda
    Ice Cream
    Music
    Horseshoes (Game)

Still needed:
    Chips & Dip
    Plates, Napkins & Cups
    Hamburger/Hot Dog Rolls
    Other Meats (If anyone is interested)
    Other Outdoor Games (If anyone is interested)

I have a membership with Sam's Club so if anyone wanted to go there to get supplies let me know.

Directions will be given out at a later date.

The BBQ is on August 23rd at 4pm.

2. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    I'll bring Tostito's and Salsa!

This is my official RSVP!

Count me in with a guest as well.

:)

3. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Already did Jenni. :)

4. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Hey guys,
    I'll try and be there, I just need to know where it is. I've got bocci and croquet if anyone's interested. I don't want to commit to a food until I'm sure I can come. Don't want to leave you guys stranded. :)

-Jack

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Sounds great Jack, we'll be sending out directions just before the BBQ, after I know how many people are coming. I can give you a ride if you need it, but I am bringing my 5 year old son so you've been warned. :D

6. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok Folks,
    Just so you know, we will be having a business meeting at the BBQ. I have some important news to share with you about a number of items affecting regional chapters and other SW groups. We also have a number of events coming up, including PhilCon, that we need to start working on. In addition, it is time to re-evaluate our Guidelines and Mission Statement to make sure they fit with our goals. Finally, we need to discuss some changes to officer titles and structure. I know it sounds like a lot but we should be able to go through all of it in about an hour. I'd like to do it at the beginning of the BBQ - so let's plan on 4pm-5pm. We can eat, drink and be merry after that! :)

7. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Reminder! Please RSVP - this is 3 weeks away and we'd like to know who is coming! Newbies - come on out and meet us! This is the perfect opportunity since you'll get to hang with us and get to know us. :)

Jenni

8. Khemist_Karla

Khemist_Karla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Hello! This newbee will come to the BBQ. I'll bring the hamburger/hot dog rolls. Just need to know how many. Also, how about some Rice Krispy Treats? That is if everyone doesn't mind another dessert.

Karla

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Karla, if you bring Rice Krispie Treats, my son will be your bestest friend!! [face_laugh]

Edit: Are you bringing anyone else with you? I need to give Chris a headcount.

10. Khemist_Karla

Khemist_Karla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    I'm addicted to those dang Rice Krispies!! :)

Also, It'll just be me attending.

Karla

11. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Well there's a possible change of plans for me. So I *might* be able to come. So I guess count me for now. And if I do come I'll bring the veggie dogs/burgers. Yeah no one will probably eat them but me but that's ok. :D

12. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    Well I'm definitly in. I can bum a car off my parents so I won't need a ride Wendy. :) I'll pickup some plates and napkins before I show up. Can't wait to see everyone, what's the headcount at now?

-Jack

13. JediMom3

JediMom3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Hi all, Just letting you know that this newbie will be coming to the BBQ. I can bring Plates, cups and napkins, just need an aproximate number. Just let me know when you email the directions. I will also bring some other treats with me. I will be the only one coming. Thanks, Andrea

14. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey Jedimom3, Jack already has the plates & napkins, but if you could bring the cups, forks, sponns & knives, that would be super!!! Let me know if you can ASAP.

You can bring your kids if you want to, so far only my Brandon is the only child on the guest list.

With you attending, there is 10 people so far, but that is subject to change in the next week.

For anyone else who would like to attend, PM or email me and I will let you know what is still needed. :D

15. JediMom3

Jul 30, 2003
    Hi Wendy,
    That is fine. I'll bring, cups, forks, spoons and knives. Just let me know the number. Thanks for the hubbie and kid invite, but this JediMom needs and adult nite out! :D
    Andrea

16. jackdoud

Jun 10, 2002
    I don't know if this is the best thing to come to for and adult night out... some of us can act pretty childish. :)

-Jack

17. JediMom3

Jul 30, 2003
    Jack,
    I am counting on it :D

Andrea

18. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Em and I will do our best to make it and we'll bring the Potato salad.

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok everyone, RSVP's are in!! I will be emailing all details to everyone in the next couple of days.
    Everyone please remember to bring chairs and enough of what your are bringing for 12 people.

If anyone needs to go to Sam's Club to get supplies, I have a membership. We can try to arrange an outting to Sam's before week's end.

See everyone on Saturday. :D

20. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Good morning everybody, just wanted to give you all a heads up. I do not live on a street - hence there is no parking. I do have a very long driveway. And it is an excellent driveway. The best that there has ever been. I can easily accomadate quite a few cars in the driveway. In case you get discouraged when you arrive, thinking that there is no parking available to you. Just remember that you are wrong. You can fit there.

21. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    An advance thank you to Chris and his wife, and Wendy for all their hard work putting this BBQ together for us! :) It will be good to see new and old faces alike. I especially look forward to meeting our new members who are attending! :) See you all Saturday at 4pm for the meeting, the fun begins at 5pm!

Jenni

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey everyone it was great seeing you all at the BBQ. Chris, I just wanted to thank you and your wife for being such great hosts.

I can't wait to go bowling now....... [face_devil]

For those of you who couldn't make it this time, please try to come around to our next socail event!! You'll be glad you did. :D

23. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Man it's 10:15 and we just walked in the door. We had a blast! It was great seeing everyone again and meeting the all the new ones. :D

We can't wait till next time!

24. JediMom3

Jul 30, 2003
    Hi All
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME!
    It was great meeting all of you. Chris thanks so much to you and your wife. I had a great time. :D
    I am looking forward to seeing you all soon.

:D :D :D Andrea

25. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Had a great time yesterday! Thanks for hosting us Chris. We'll definately have to have another event at your place someday because I want to visit with the puppy again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.