main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Pittsburgh ComiCon 2007

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya,

We Pittsburgh Folks are going to be involved in the ComiCon again this April 2007. We are hosting several panels, a FanForce table, there will be SW celebs as guests (info to come still) and we are working on a couple of 'after hours' activities.

I'm posting here not just to invite you guys to come, but also because I seem to remember that some of your folks wanted to do an alternative to the LA CIV gathering. How about we do it as part of the Pittsburgh ComiCon. We Pittsburgh folks have been working to try and increase the SW presence at the ComiCon. If you Columbus folks wanted in on this, it would be hot. If you guys could sponsor/run a few panels yourselves, suggest possible SW guests to the Georges (who run the ComiCon, yeah, that's really their last name) along with contact information, help spread the word about the Con and encourage folks who aren't planning to make the long journey to LA to come to Pittsburgh.

Obviously, the ComiCon is much smaller than CIV. As of now, we only have four SW panels tentatively scheduled (Collecting, Tragedy of Star Wars, Costuming, and basics of making a fanfilm) There will also be a Costume contest run by the ComiCon folks and a panel with the Celebs. There are non-SW panels, of course, run by the ComiCon folks. Of course, if any other FF groups wanted to put together some panels or assist with the ones we have scheduled, that would be great!

So what say you?

2. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    I would be down for that. We could do a panel on Machinima, or podcasting. I think a road trip would be fun. Sign me up!

3. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    If we're all going, I'd be much more likely to do the panel on Customizing we had talked about this summer. I'd also probably need to be in with Chris on the Machinima and Podcasting ones as well, since they were collaborative efforts. :)

Any word on if the SWaction news team is coming back? We could collaborate with them for podcasting...if they'd let us that is.

4. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    It would be fantastic if you would do a panel on customizing. :D Would you please PM me your full real name, your phone number, and a sentence or two for the Panel description that will go to Comicon (for their and our schedule of events sheet). It will most likely be scheduled for Saturday, unless you'd rather go on Friday or Sunday morning.

Fluke_Groundrunner is working on getting the SW Action News folks back. You'll have to talk to him about that and about working with them on the podcasting panel.

What is Machinima?

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    It would be fantastic if you would do a panel on customizing. :D Would you please PM me your full real name, your phone number, and a sentence or two for the Panel description that will go to Comicon (for their and our schedule of events sheet). It will most likely be scheduled for Saturday, unless you'd rather go on Friday or Sunday morning.

Fluke_Groundrunner is working on getting the SW Action News folks back. You'll have to talk to him about that and about working with them on the podcasting panel.

What is Machinima?

6. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    If you have ever seen our cartoon GalaxyFarAway or have seen Red Vs. Blue, those are machinima. Basically it is the use of Video game video in conjunction with recorded Audio to make a performance. We "shoot" a movie using the video game characters, and place them into a specified situation by adding our own audio track. Hilarity ensues. While we don't technically have a G, or even PG-13 soundtrack, we could still do a panel on how you make it, and how you make it (kind of) good.

7. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    Should there be a seperate panel for fan films, and machinima? Or should machinima be an off-shoot of fan films? With the exception of a virtual set, instead of a real one, it's pretty much the same.

8. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Actually, I was hoping you'd be willing to be a part of the fanfilm panel with the machinima, since I also took the view its a form of fan film.

Can I get a firm committment for two panels? One on custome figures and one on fanfilms (on the subgenre of machinima)? What day would be best for you, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. (Sunday is the costume contest, and if I can get a sponsor, the tattoo contest. These take up a couple of hours Sunday afternoon.)

If so, send me your real names as you want them to appear in the schedule and one or two sentences describing what you'll be talking about. Also, I'm now fairly sure that I'll most likely be able to get passes for those who are presenting panels (*grin* how's that for a not-promise) I do need to know as soon as possible.

Thanks! [:D]

9. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    I sent you a PM with my info. I can be there on Saturday the 27th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.