main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Planet of The Apes, from an outsider's POV...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Sith_Witch, Aug 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Witch

Sith_Witch Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, what can I say? The second of my outings with you guys and I haven't run away... yet... :)

So after arriving much too early and hanging around much too much (well, I guess you can't expect such a motley crew to arrive all at the same time), and after much discussion of what the ACTUAL arrangement with the tickets would be, the movie wasn't too bad...

Of course, much discussion will be had as to the true merits of the film and as to whether or not it was supposed to remain true to the book, or the first film, or the sequels, or the TV series... But this is all fun to be had at a much later date...

Then after many smutty and unprintable comments had by all at various scantily-clad females, I must say the wood-fire and all too loud airplanes frequenty punctuating the conversations were fantastic... Almost as good as the various odd people and more comments about more scantily-clad females... Do I sense a recurring theme here???

So all in all, I can say for myself that I had a fantastic time and I hope that everyone else did...

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    As a stand alone film, I thought it was great, in fact the only bad things I've heard about it are from ppl who complain it's not true to the original, when in fact it's pretty close to the original novel, Monkey Planet.
    And Aztec, what was the blue flanneled psycho dude yakking to you about? He looked like a bit of a worry...
    Anyway, PotA is definitely worth it on the big screen, a Tim Burton film with Danny Elfman scoring the music, what more could we want? :)

Apart from a place that sells decent coffee......

EDIT: Some memorable quotes from the evening,

Jedi Aztec: "You don't have fat fingers, you're a well hung lesbian..."

Loaded Dog: "Go on then, chuck us out."
    Security Guard: "I figured you'd all run out of conversation and bore yourselves out of here..."

Sith Witch: "ARRG!!! Shirts burning!!!!"

Jedi Leia: "..........."

3. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I see you noticed my new friend. That guy had consumed a little too much for my liking. He came up and asked me 'howyagoinn'. That was as much as I understood. I just nodded and smiled my way through the rest of the conversation until he left. It's not wise to upset a wookie or a drunk man that size !

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Also, before I forget, Thanks Grizz for getting me a BatDog-a-rang just a pity it got confiscated after a little while :(

5. Sith_Witch

Aug 10, 2001
    Well someone's in trouble now Mister Sith Magician...

It was NOT confiscated, it was saved from a fate worse than death. Namely being used to obilterate the Outer Rim so that you might have a greater chancer of disolving the Council and naming yourself Emperor...

It's not homocide if it's a trekkie, same as it's not confiscation if it's for the good of the universe...

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
  7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Now now! Be nice to Trekkies. After all, no-one's going to think Starwars fans are nerds when there's trekkies for them to hassle instead. ;)

8. Lord_Lazarus

Lord_Lazarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    Star Wars fans will always be counted as nerds, but while the Trekkies are around, we will always be nerds from "a more civilised age" and therefore it is our duty to pick on them. Even nerds have to pick on someone :D

Welcome to the boards SW and I would just like to say, that I agree with you about it not being homocide for trekies.... it is a mercy killing!! [face_devil]

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    And I wouldn't go defending Trekkies from Sith Witch either, it's a battle you cannot win...

10. Sith_Witch

Aug 10, 2001
    Trekkies are a vicious sub-species of humans that ought to find a nice piece of mushroom-encrusted earth to go and occupy, leaving humankind to go and evolve without them...

And yes, I speak with authority on this matter as I have not only been there and seen that, but the case example I use as the basis for my disdain is my very own sibling...

This is the child that painted his bedroom as a holodeck, yes, that's right, a holodeck. Now, for those fortunate enough to not know what that is, it is essentially a black room with yellow grid lines painted on it. Now, I've heard of sad, but that takes the cake. Also, every single book that has been published, he owns. Every single musical release ("Startreking Around The Universe"; and every single soundtrack released) he owns. He doesn't have a pair of plastic pointy ears though, only because he hasn't found a pair. He did however have a cat named Spot...

Now, please I beg of you wise and precious people, let this thread not digress from the original topic and let it now return to the Planet of The Apes movie for which it was created, thus rendering any of us innocent of committing the heinous crime of talking about Star Trek for too long...

Here endeth the transmission...

11. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    May this thread live long and...

<Sith_Witch thwacks soneil!>

Ooomph! Sorry. Yeah, um. Planet of the apes.

12. Sith_Witch

Aug 10, 2001
    ---Thwacks Soneil with the nasty squeaky hammer of "Get back on task mister" laughing evily---

Bruh-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Ahem...

Back to the Planet of the Apes.

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I haven't seen the movie yet but from
    this picture
    it looks good.

14. Sith_Witch

Aug 10, 2001
    ---Hisses at the Gungan and shakes her head.---

I tell you, the integrity and inelligence of some people...

Or lack there of...

---Raises hand to the Gods.---

Why?!
    Why me?!

What did I do to deserve such injustice???

15. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    *at hearing this plea, God rolls over in bed, hits SW's snooze button and goes back to sleep with a "shurrup..."*

SJ: Better off not apealing to him when trying to sleep off a hangover.. who knows what he might do... ;)

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Dunno SJ, what am I likely to do? :p

But the thought of a Planet of Gungans is very scary indeed,

*Summons Death Star* [face_devil]

17. Lord_Lazarus

Lord_Lazarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    *looks pleadingly at Sith Magician, with hand twitching on lightsabre*

Please master, can I deal with this situation personally? [face_devil]

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Ok Lord Lazarus, you may deal with it personally by taking out the perpetiator of all this Gunganess, and i don't mean GL.
    You may want to pay a visit to Soneil's house and remove Jar Jar's only fan.....

19. Sith_Witch

Aug 10, 2001
    ---Adopts her Captain Janeway persona.---

Captain's log, Star date 1564.2378.

It appears that we have stumbled into some kind of temporal anomali that has sent the crew insane. They can think of nothing but some foolish television program that has been running for too long.

My only option at this point in time is to kill them all and try my best to forget the horrors that I have been forced to endure.

My only worry is that my phaser will do nothing to soothe these tortured souls...

20. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    She's become Captain Janeway!! KILL HER!! KILL HER NOW!!!!!

21. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Get it right SW.. it's Across the Universe, not Around... :p

22. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Since SW seems to like star trek so much :p
    Heres the link to download the whole last season.. INCLUDING the last 2 episode that finishes the series:

HERE

Episodes are about 69mb- 80mb each. If u try to download em and get a 'file not found' response.. they are there.. its just A LOT of ppl are trying to download it, and this guys server has very limited bandwidth...

thats my good deed done for today... toodles..

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Don't kill Janeway with a head shot. Too much armour in that hair.

24. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    hehe, ever tried that in elite forces soniel? Vaporise janeway with u're phaser rifle and see how long u can live with all the security ppl beaming in to attack you... lol, harmless fun...

25. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I spent most of my time in that game following 7 Of 9 around. Great graphics btw... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.