main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Play It By Ear (Jaina/Zekk YJK fic.) Fait Accomplit February 28th 2005!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade_Max, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    hollynkesten the concequences I'll have to make clear in the next post *laughs* you'll see. I have the next post ready and all, I just need to send it to TJF. But I do promise it'll be up in November. Just not the first couple of weeks. I have next to no time off. And thank you, I will try and give this story an ending (soon, soon) that justifies it.

Kazzy *laughs* Your welcome. I promise the next one won't be two months or more in coming ;) It was a lot of fun to write the two of them back together. I'm thrilled you feel I wasn't stretching the characters by having Zekk be reassured by Jaina. And you're right. This post was meant to put them on equal footing, though keeping it that way might be a little tough. And the box they found? The one at the beginning? Er... I forgot about it *laughs at self* I'll have to go back and find it to see if it's got a significance I'd forgotten about. Thanks for the reminder!

Enelya_Sol You'll see what xoncequences, glad you liked it, I so intend to have the next part up soon and soon as in before the end of November. Hopefully in the second week, but we'll see what the time is like.

Thanks for reading and reviewing everyone! Glad to see you're all still enjoying the stories I turn out. I'll do my best not to leave you hanging for too long this time, promise!

2. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    more soon???

UP

3. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Cool. I can't wait for the next part.

4. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, I promised more and more there is... this is about 9 pages long in Word (yay! My computer is working properly again!) and a huge thanks to TJF for Betaing this and putting up with my horrid spelling and grammar abilities.

EDIT

Personal Replies!!

hollynkesten ? Read on and thank you!

Enelya_Sol ? Thank you!

End Edit

Lemme know what ya'll think!

The last days of their separation passed quickly before Jaina and Zekk finally returned to see Luke and Mara. Jaina and Zekk spent their days in quiet meditation, unaware that their individual actions were mirrored by the other. Yet, it didn't go unnoticed by Kyp or Jacen.

Kyp met with Jacen nightly to trade notes. While Jacen had never really gotten along with Kyp, he had to respect the man's concern for his sister and, united with similar goals, they attempted to help the young couple along as best they could.

As Zekk and Jaina stopped outside Luke and Mara's quarters, they could hear an argument going on inside.

"Are you nuts, Luke? My baby girl and that boy?"

Zekk and Jaina shared a look, Zekk making a show of wincing.

Han didn't sound happy - they could hear him through the door. Luke's reply was muted, a murmur they couldn't make out.

Han's voice came back sharply. "She's sixteen; she doesn't know what's best for her. Bonding her to another Jedi is bad enough, but at her age? She's not done growing yet!"

Jaina's eyes glittered and Zekk put a hand on her shoulder, shaking his head once as he read the intention on her face. He knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Han barked the command.

The door slid open and they stepped in together, Zekk taking her hand in plain view of Jaina?s parents, and making an obvious show of it.

Han's gaze went to their joined hands and back to their faces, his own expression stormy. Leia sat off to the side, softly conversing with her sister-in-law, her gaze taking in the young couple before returning to the conversation. Mara winked at the two as Luke motioned for them to come in.

"Jaina, Zekk, we were just talking about you. How do you feel?"

"Better, Master Skywalker," Zekk told him cautiously, eyeing Han to be sure he wasn't going to be suddenly assaulted. "The last few days have been very... enlightening."

"I bet." Han's dark murmur drew a sharp glance from Leia. ?Look, I know I?m sounding like an old fart, but I?m worried about Jaina. As a father, it is my right.?

Jaina smiled faintly. "Relax, Dad, both of us had a lot of thinking to do. The last week has been good for us."

Han crossed his arms over his chest and looked at his daughter archly in a fashion daughters everywhere know. Jaina put on her best smile and stepped towards her father, letting go of Zekk's hand, her tone all sugar. "You always said you wanted what was best for me, and to think through any life altering decisions. I was only trying my best to follow your advice and make you proud of me. Is it so wrong to want to make you proud, Daddy?"

Han visibly melted as she finally looped her arms around his waist and hugged him. "Ahh, nuts. I can't argue with that."

Leia laughed. "Don't think sweet talking your father is going to get you out of this, young lady."

Jaina pulled back, a smile on her face as she kissed her father's cheek. "Yes, Mom."

Luke and Mara shared a look before Luke motioned for everyone to take a seat. "I invited your parents here for this discussion because they have a right to know the serious steps you two are thinking of taking." He held up his hand when Han made to object. "Let me finish, Han. We know you're still a few years from making this official commitment, Jaina and Zekk, but the Force has been very clear in its wishes. For good or for ill, it's been building a bond between you, which has somehow come to a critical point in the last week."

"What was so special about the last week?" Jaina asked, certain she knew what it was but hoping she was wrong.

Mara smiled at her niece. "The thinking you two did

5. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh thank you! Thank you!! :D :D What a chapter! I can't even begin to express how happy I was when I saw you updated and it was well worth being (semi) patient for.

Much gladness from Kazzy. You've made my weekend.

They're going to get bonded. Or be bonded, whatever the correct adjective for these cases may be. This day has been a long time coming.

What an intense chapter, it really was the day of reconing, but they survived, especially poor Zekk who had to face up to Han Solo. He did an admirable job. It was a tough crowd but he won them over.

Jaina is certainly determined to get what she wants. Zekk is going to have to be careful in future ;) He has a tendency to treat her like a piece of glass. She's not so fond of that part, and resists it. But I imagine they're going to get a little more used to being bonded and each others ways, even if they aren't in the same part of the galaxy.

Fantatsic job. :)

6. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    This was such an amazing part. You have totally made my weekend by posting. I absolutely loved Han, and his concern, and loved Zekk even more for standing up to him.

Although, I don't know what to think about Zekk's decision to still stay away for 2 years. Will he be able to do that? It doesn't seem fair, to him or Jaina.

Anyway, I can't wait to read more, especially with the bonding ceremony coming up. That should be very interesting.

I would write longer feedback, but I have three papers to go write now. Looking foward to the next part! :D

7. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Kazzy ? Thank you Kazzy, that means a lot when I can make someone?s weekend! And yes, they?re going to be Bonded, glad you caught the part about Zekk treating her like a piece of glass ? that?ll come into play very, very shortly? As for Jaina, you?ll see what I?ve got in store for these two? call it some fun messing around with the NJO time line *evil grin* but for now, yeah, they?re going to be bonded? Thanks for reading, I?m glad you enjoyed it!

Enelya_Sol ? Thank you Enelya Sol, as I said to Kazzy, it?s hugely flattering and very warming to know I can make someone?s weekend!! Zekk?s decision is supposed to play into my next fic ? the one where they?ll actually get married eventually, it?s just a matter of messing with the NJO time line *evil grin* you?ll see. As for being fair ? he?s more trying to give them some distance so he can keep his hands off her lol! Thanks for taking the time to respond when you?re so busy, it?s awesome!

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Okay, so I beta, but for some reason I don't review here anymore. Bad Erin!

Awesome post, as per usual, JM :D All the needed arguments and bad points and doubts came out, because they had to, but the AU triumphed in the end [face_mischief] Which is the best part of AU, of course :p

*waits for the next post to be sent her way :)*

~TJF

9. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    Ooo, there's going to be a sequel? I can't wait! :D

10. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    Can we look for an update soon? Please?

11. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
  12. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    I'm not someone who believes in upping particularly, or at all really. but I did want this fic on the first page for a reason.

What's the reason for all the movement round here?

has anyone seen or heard from Jade_Max recently?

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    has anyone seen or heard from Jade_Max recently?

I haven't, but there's only one more chapter of PIBE, so I'm sure she hasn't given up ;)

~TJF

14. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    One more chapter! *Kazzy waits anxiously*

TJF - you're another person I've been promising myself for months that I'd catch up on your fic. but I'm still missing a month from July, not to mention the month from September. unfortunately that means so much has to be put on the back burner. Particularly authors who post a lot.

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Oh, no problem -- I totally understand. I barely have time to read anyone's fic but my own these days, my self; I'm almost surprised anyone reads "Always" anymore :p If you ever want me to e-mail you RotJ, CitR or even as much of KB that has been posted (only six chapters), just let me know :)

~TJF

16. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    No, I will get to it. If you email it to me it'll just sit in my box and make me feel even more guilty (which you may appreciate ;) )

Curse our busy lives!

17. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    If you email it to me it'll just sit in my box and make me feel even more guilty (which you may appreciate wink )

*sheepishly looks at "unread PM" count* Oh, yes, I can *definitely* appreciate the guilt... :p

~TJF

18. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Before I make the personal replies, I feel obligated to explain my absence. I was sick for the better part of a month. One of the symptoms was a sensitivity to fluorescent lighting and computers. I wasn?t able to use the computer for most of the month of January and part of December ? I do apologize for not getting this and my J/TK story updated sooner, but I couldn?t write ? it was bad for my head. So I was reading a lot and writing long hand. I?d forgotten how much fun the YJK series was?

Still is in some respects, but not as bad as it was? so I?m going to try and do small updates tonight on everything ? including the J/TK challenge thread ;)

Trickster_Jaina_Fel ? LOL, TJF, you?re right, you Beta and don?t review, though you do review when I get it back ;) thanks. And the next post is in your box ? it?s also the last one, but it?s ?huge- so take your time. Thanks again!

Enelya_Sol ? Yes, Enya_Sol, there will be a sequel.. it?s in the planning stages right now.

Kazzy Sorry it took so Long Kazzy, but I wanted to finish it before I posted the next part. It?s with TJF right now, so whenever I get it back? though I ?suppose- I could post the first part? thanks for the ups!

On that note, I think I'll put in the small paragraph that leads into the next major part of the story... call it an apology short.

Jaina and Zekk followed Mara into the jungle, past the clearing used to spar and into the foliage. She finally stopped at the end of a narrow path way and turned to look at them with serious eyes. "Are you certain you're ready for this?"

The two nodded.

Mara looked at each one carefully before continuing. "You've spent a week apart getting to know yourselves, tonight and tomorrow, spend your nights together getting to know one another. Beyond here is unexplored territory with dangers you will have to face." She produced their lightsabres. "I've only got five words of advice for you: Open up to each other. Good luck."

Jaina and Zekk watched as she walked away, a bundle having been left behind for them. Zekk knelt to open it, finding two packs with bedrolls and rations. He handed one to Jaina before shouldering the other. "Looks like we're on our own Jay."

She smiled widely. "And who better to be stuck out in the wilderness with, eh? Alright, let's go."

They started off into the jungle, using their lightsabers to cut a path where there wasn't one, and helping each other over large trees and deep holes. The sounds of the jungle were thick, constantly humming in the background, like the faint light from Yavin filtering down from above.

"You're sure we won't get lost?" Zekk asked as they stopped near a small stream to break.

Jaina shrugged. "So what if we do? The planet is round - we'll make our way back to the temple eventually."

He laughed. "Good observation, Solo. So what do you think your aunt meant by the dangers out here?"

Jaina shrugged. "Aunt Mara's always been frank, and having her be cryptic is a little creepy. I don't know if she meant personal or physical dangers."

He settled next to her, leaning against a near by tree. "I don't think she'd have given us our lightsabres if there weren't physical dangers out here."

Jaina shrugged. "I suppose. You still want to go forward with this?"

He slanted a glance at her. "A little late now, don't you think?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I know what I want, I just feel like I kind of pushed you into this."

He chuckled, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "You could push me into anything any time and any place, Jaina Solo. But I wouldn't have gone along with you unless I wanted this too. So how do you figure we go about doing this, anyway? Your aunt and uncle ever give you any clues as to what happened with them?"

She blushed. "Aunt Mara once told me they'd found each other in the Force. Something to do with being in a life and death situation and needing to be so open that they'd had to connect to survive. Everything el

19. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    This is good, but if you're still updating it what's it doing in Classic Stories?

20. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    C3P0_R2D2 - Thank you, and to answer your question, it was started here before the boards took on their 3 eras approach... I figured I'd keep it going here, though I'm debating putting it in the "Beyond the Saga" forum to attract new readers.. I haven't decided yet though.

21. Enelya_Sol

Feb 2, 2004
    Yay for a small update! I can't wait to read the rest of their venture in the jungle. :D

22. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
    Okay, and just 'cuz I'm wondering, does a YJK Preschool/five-year-old idea sound fangirlish, my friend says it does, but I don't know.

23. Kazzy

Oct 17, 2002
    C3PO_R2D2: No, it doesn't sound particularly fangirlish. They are five year olds after all. How can a story about five year olds be fangirlish?

A little less than canon perhaps. And very difficult to write without screwing up completely, but not fangirlish, certainly.

An update! AN UPDATE! Yee-ha! Wahoo! YEAH! It's been so long...

I'm sorry to hear you were ill, that's no fun. And it can take a long time to get completely back on your feet (so to speak). I was really sick last September, and even though I'm well again, and have been for a long while now, there's still parts of me that went missing and I haven't found yet. I wish you all the best with your recovery, that's a speedy and complete one!

So they're alone in the woods? Should I be putting innuendo on that anywhere? Becaue I can, you know. And there are far more...um...less suggestive connotations I can put on it too. Not that this post was lacking in either.

Well, it is goig to be interesting these next couple of days. They going to have to resolve some of the stuff they couldn't do on their own. They are right to feel nervous about what they have hidden, the depths of the soul can be a scary place, there's a lot hidden down there.

Oh, boy, I am looking foward to your next post!

(and sequel? Truly? :D Yay!)

Just remember to take care of yourself!

24. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
    God, all my favorite threads are sinking down.

Up!

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Sorry the post is taking so long to beta, guys--this week has been pretty busy with catching up on schoolwork (stupid family-trip sports tournaments...). I'll get to it asap :)

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.