main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Playing with Minds (JA)~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jedi_master_gimpy, Sep 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    *wipes away tears*

That was so wonderful, Gimpy! A perfect Christmas gift if I ever knew one.

I'm so glad to see our little boy getting better ^_^

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    That was an excellent post Gimpy! I'm glad Obi-Wan is recovering (even if it is slowly). The way you described them in his mind and the memory itself was excellently written. Thanks for the great post!

3. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks everyone!! I'm back and I'm working on the next post, but it's not done yet. Soon, I hope! :)

4. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    UP!!!!!!!!
    Gimpy what is this doing so far back?

5. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry! *sheepish grin* I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!

Whew! I can't believe it! It seems like PwM just kept going and going and now BAM!!! We're extremely close to the end of the road!! So long!! Buh-bye Obi!! I can't give you an exact post count yet, but be aware there are only a few of them left. *sniffle*

Oh, well!! For now here's the one I promised! :D

=============
    =============

Qui-Gon sat beside Obi-Wan?s bed, resiting the urge to doze off. After he?d ?woken? up the night, or rather very early morning, before, An-Paj had been ready to send the Jedi Master back to his own infirmary room but reluctantly allowed him to stay at the apprentice?s bed.

And so Qui-Gon had slept soundly through the morning in a chair and awoke to eat at lunch. It was not a question of how long he would be able to stick it out at Obi-Wan?s bedside, but merely how long it would be before his padawan decided to join the rest of the conscious galaxy.

Looking back over the past few ? weeks? It seemed like months ? Qui-Gon tried to imagine what precautions he himself might have taken at the onset if he had known what was to come. Would he have refused the mission altogether?

A Jedi was supposed to be dedicated to the Force and peace above all else, yet this mission had reminded Qui-Gon of just how much Obi-Wan meant to him. In fact, the Jedi Master had a sneaking suspicion that if it ever came down to it, his relationship with Obi-Wan was at least as important as his place in the Living Force if not more so.

The teenager in question gave a small sigh and his fingers twitched. Two sapphire eyes fluttered open and Qui-Gon leaned forward in his chair. ?Obi-Wan??

Obi-Wan blinked and his head turned on the pillow until his eyes found Qui-Gon. ?M-Master??

Qui-Gon covered the teenager?s hand with his own. ?I?m here, Obi-Wan. How do you feel??

Obi-Wan gave him a wan smile. ?I have a Sith of a headache, but other than that I think I?ll be ok.?

?Do you want to talk about it?? Qui-Gon asked softly.

Obi-Wan?s gaze shifted to the window and the myriad of aircars whizzing by outside. He shook his head. ?Not right now. Later. At home.?

Qui-Gon stared at him in concern for a long moment and then his face softened and the Jedi Master nodded. ?All right. Later.?

Obi-Wan rolled away from Qui-Gon to face the wall, his voice muffled. ?I?m sorry for letting them catch me. I made a big mess of things.?

Qui-Gon laid a gentle hand on his arm. ?Obi-Wan, you did all that you could. Leaving you behind was one of the hardest things I?ve ever had to do and I thank the Force with all my heart that you?re all right.? He saw the side of Obi-Wan?s face twitch and knew the teenager was smiling.

There was a comfortable silence between them for a moment and when Obi-Wan spoke again his voice was rich and full of humor, the Obi-Wan of old. ?Well, I guess the only thing left to do now is see how much of An-Paj?s torture I have to endure before he allows me to escape.?

Qui-Gon smiled. Not quite, he thought. We still have to find out how much you remember and how much of you is gone, my padawan.

Obi-Wan rambled on, his words growing quieter and sleepier, interjected with yawns. ?I can?t wait to get back in our quarters, Master. What do they...look like? I... can?t... remember. But I know...that... I like...them....?

His voice trailed off and Qui-Gon rose with a smile and tucked the blankets close around him. ?Sleep well, my Obi-Wan,? he whispered softly.

6. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    That part at the end when he was falling asleep was great! And the little bit of humour really added to the post. That was such an excellent post, I'm looking forward to more!!

7. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Yay Gimpy!!

a great post, but sad to know it's coming to a close!

8. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    So sad it's almost over... That was a great post! I really liked the last part where Obi was talking about their quarters. Hope you post more soon! =)

9. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent bit of juxtaposition here--a little bit of humour, a little bit of worry. What will Obi-Wan remember, what not, and will he suffer from it at all? He's already proved that the essential Obi-Wan is still intact, though, and that's the main thing. This story has been filled with gut-wrenching cliff-hangers and I'm sorry to see it coming to an end. But as the song says "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" and when this is over, you'll be free to write the next story!

10. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I couldn't agree more with Jane Jinn, hate to see this story end, but you can always start another.... hint hint!!!!!

The last scene was great, good to see the Obi we all know and love starting to surface. As soon as the wisecracks start flying you know the healing has started. Of course that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see some more anguish from the kid (love to see him kicking himself, what a sick-o I must be)!!!!!

11. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    The end is near? Oh no!

But this has been a terrific story and I look forward to those last fews post greatly!!

Can't wait!

12. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    *sniff* So sad to see it almost over! This story is awesome!!!!!!! I'm glad to see Obi on his way to recovering! And even though I hate to see this story end, I still can't wait for more! :)

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Certainly just knowing he liked his quarters is a telling sign that he'll recovery fully???

I assume there's some other plot bunnies runnin round your head Gimpy...it just wouldn't be right without a thread of yours to read.

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks, everyone for the wonderful replies!! And I've finished the story, and am sad to say that there is only one more post after this one. *sniffle*

But don't worry, be happy! ;) I have several stories in the works, although I won't start posting the next one right away because I need to stew on it for a little while. Anywho, here's the post!

===================

?I?m free!? Obi-Wan threw his arms above his head and skipped a few steps down the corridor before twirling to face his companion with a huge grin.

?Be careful, Padawan. We?re still fairly close to the Infirmary and I doubt that An-Paj would be pleased to hear you say that.? But the teenager?s good mood was infectious and Qui-Gon found himself smiling as well.

?I?m in heaven!? Obi-Wan exclaimed. ?No more rooms that smell like disinfectant or indecent infirmary gowns. No more medication, no more healers with cold hands trying to poke you, no more shots...?

Qui-Gon grasped the apprentice?s shoulders and deftly steered him to the side of the corridor so that a passing Jedi could get through. ?And the utmost caution,? Qui-Gon reminded him. ?I?m sure that An-Paj would much rather have you walk in to have him check on a few vague symptoms that have you carried in on a stretcher by his own people.?

Obi-Wan sent him an impish grin. ?But Master, that would take the whole challenge out of it. Without me the entire infirmary staff would be bored out of their minds.?

?I?m sure they will find some way to get along,? Qui-Gon commented dryly as Obi-Wan fell into step beside him, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet as he walked. ?Padawan, if you don?t stop jumping all over the place you?ll be in need of new boots by the time we reach our quarters.?

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan answered dutifully and he managed to slow his step for as long as it took them to reach the next intersection of hallways.

The pair entered a ?lift and Qui-Gon remained silent, indicating that Obi-Wan should infirm it as to where to go. ?Level ?? the teenager paused for a moment and then turned tentatively to Qui-Gon. ?Master, what level are our quarters on??

Qui-Gon?s heart sank but he forced an optimistic smile. ?Level 64, Padawan. I?m sure you?ll remember when we get there.?

Obi-Wan managed a wan smile but most of his enthusiasm was gone. The rest of the trip was made in slightly uncomfortable, contemplative silence.

?Here we are,? Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said with forced cheerfulness as they paused outside the door to the pair?s quarters. ?Home sweet home.?

Obi-Wan lifted a hesitant hand and placed it on the door in front of him, as though trying to conjure up some memory of the rooms inside. The door slid silently open as its sensors recognized the two occupants and then shut behind them.

Obi-Wan absorbed it all, stepping to the center of the sitting room and turning in a circle to take it all in. ?I remember,? he said slowly, and Qui-Gon could almost see the gears whirling in his brain, accessing the information and organizing it back into its rightful place. Each sentence was spoken in awe, as though the teenager was discovering it for the first time.

?I remember... that chair.? Obi-Wan pointed to the large recliner that was standing next to the couch. ?That?s your favorite chair, Master. You always sit there. And there.? Obi-Wan?s finger shifted to one of the doorways leading off into the other rooms of the suite. ?That?s the... the kitchen, isn?t it? And this...?

Obi-Wan hurried through the apartment, Qui-Gon a few steps behind. The teenager stopped right inside, his hand resting on the doorjamb. ?This is my room.?

Qui-Gon blinked back tears. ?That?s right, Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan fingered the model ships resting on his desk. ?These are Verpine ships, aren?t they? I made them when I was ten.?

?They are one of your favorite possessions, Padawan.?

Obi-Wan?s hand went to the pocket where he kept his special rock and he smiled. ?One of.? He spotted the metal cylinder resting on the middle of his bed and bro

15. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    One more post! *gulp* It...it...just can't be over!

I LOVED this post and the last line was terrific! Gimpy, you've really out done yourself this time.

This whole fic was a wonderful mixture of suspense, drama, agnst and adventure...plus a little humor thrown in by our favorite healer.

I'm sorry to think this lovely tale will be over soon, but it really has been a great ride.

16. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    One more? *sniff*

This post was excellent and a perfect addition to the story. How you portrayed their emotions and reactions was great.

17. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Dammit Gimpy!

You always know how to make me cry!

I don't want this to end.

But I am thouroghly getting a great excitment going through me with the discussion we have been holding.

This is so good!

18. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    I agree w/ Renton!

19. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Just one more post left? I hate to see it end, but since you mentioned you are working on others I know there is something to look forward to.

20. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Obi-Wan looked up at him, his eyes filled with tears of eyes. ?I remember where I am, Master.? He buried his head in Qui-Gon?s tunic and hugged him tighter. ?I?m home.?<--*sniff sniff*

Gimpy, what a wonderful post!

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    *passes tissues around*

That was so sweet! The way Obi reached for his rock, Qui-Gon blinking back tears...that hug...

Ohhhhh, that was just....fantastic!

22. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Beautiful gimpy!!!

23. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    '"I'm home"'
    Awe that was so sweet
    But only one more post? *sniff* *sniff*

24. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Its almost over?
    Great posts though!

25. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, I'm sorry to say that this is the last post of the story. Thank you for sticking with me, all of you and for your wonderful replies, I really appreciate it. I've decided which story I'm going to start posting next and I'll probably start posting it in a few days, but I'm still stuck on the title of it so we'll see.

=============
    =============

?You must be happy to know that Lenski is finally behind bars,? Jedi Master Tahl said.

?I have to admit that I was very disappointed when he managed that initial escape from Kayl but he?s been captured so I can?t complain any more,? Qui-Gon admitted.

?And Obi-Wan?? Tahl questioned.

?He remembers most things now,? Qui-Gon confided in his close friend, who had been permanently blinded on one of her missions but refused to let it hinder her. ?There are still a few missions that Obi-Wan insists we never went on or other small details he?s forgotten, but the rest of it is back or coming back.?

Master Tahl smiled, her hand resting on Qui-Gon?s arm as she walked with him to the Council chambers. ?That?s wonderful news, Qui-Gon. And his education??

?He?s doing excellent in his classes,? Qui-Gon said proudly. ?Although he is struggling slightly more than normal in physics.?

?Physics never was Obi-Wan?s fond point,? Tahl remarked fondly. ?And his saber practices??

?Better than ever,? Qui-Gon chuckled. ?He?s been doing some extra practice and learning new moves. He almost bested me the last time we sparred.?

Tahl laughed gently as they turned the corner and the door to the Council chambers became visible. ?I do believe Obi-Wan?s waiting for you already,? she commented. Although she might have lost her eyesight, with the Force Tahl was far from blind.

Obi-Wan turned to meet them and bowed to each of them in turn. ?Master Tahl. Master Qui-Gon.? He smiled warmly at the willowy woman. ?How are you doing, Master Tahl??

Tahl smiled. ?Fine. And you must be sure to let me know beforehand the next time you plan to whip the pants off Qui-Gon sparring so that I can be there.?

?I?m not appreciated here,? Qui-Gon complained teasingly.

Obi-Wan laughed, and to his master it was like a bright beam of sunlight splashing over him. ?I?ll be sure to. Bye, Master Tahl.?

Master and Padawan were ushered into the Council chambers where the teenager immediately sobered his expression and fell into the proper Jedi posture.

?Padawan Kenobi, we trust you are doing better?? asked Mace Windu, the general spokesperson for the Council.

?Much better, Masters,? Obi-Wan replied respectfully.

Master Windu nodded his pleased satisfaction and his eyes twinkled at the padawan before his stern visage slipped into place and his gaze turned to Obi-Wan?s master. ?Qui-Gon, I?m sorry to tell you this, but another mission has come up and it appears that you and Padawan Kenobi are best suited for it.?

Obi-Wan?s heart began to sink and a knot formed in his stomach. He didn?t want another mission so soon. Not that he didn?t want to help, it was just that he had been enjoying the time off with Qui-Gon.

?There are a series of negotiations going on between the Ruultans and the Bruulsans and they have requested a Jedi mediator to oversee the discussions. All in all, it should go by q-?

Qui-Gon looked eyes with Obi-Wan and held his gaze as he rose his voice to interrupt the Jedi Master. ?With all due respect, Mace, my padawan and I must decline.?

Obi-Wan felt the corners of his mouth turn up in a huge grin and with great difficulty schooled his expression into Jedi neutrality.

?We?ve seen a lot of action as of late and we need some time to ourselves to get back on course,? Qui-Gon explained.

Obi-Wan held his breath for the Council?s response but to his utter astonishment they didn?t appear to be upset or surprised in the least. Indeed, if Obi-Wan didn?t know better he would think the solemn Ki-Adi-Mundi was holding back a smile.

Master Windu leaned back and steepled his fingers together. ?Very well. I?m sure we can come to an arrangement

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.