main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure, I assume they will each have specific Pokemon as is usual to encourage trading.

It also seems likely the Dream World will still be active as would exclusive abilities.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A new Evee form has been announced for X & Y...

[​IMG]
    Sylveon

What type it is yet has not been announced, there have been rumours circulating of a new Pokémon type being created called Fairy.

[​IMG]

There are still existing typings available for Evee form to use such as Steel, Fighting, Flying & Dragon. But the look of Sylveon doesn't appear to suit any of the existing types, so maybe it is something new.

Also, the awesomeness that is Mewtwo is getting a secondary form. There will have to be some explanation of how a genetically engineered Pokémon designed to be the most powerful in existence would get a new form, maybe he's just doing a Deoxys.

[​IMG]

Behold! Mew......three?

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't gotten a new Pokemon game since Emerald. I need to get back into the swing of things.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Black & White were highly regarded, B2 & W2 not so much but hopefully the new ones will be better.

So the Fairy type was confirmed at E3, it will be Super-effective against Dragon which could make it a useful combat type given how common Dragons are in the metagame when battling other people. Ice types are not that tough on the whole so they aren't used much, and other Dragons run the risk of being KOd by another since they are super-effective against themselves.

No word I've heard yet on how many new Pokémon will be in these games, hopefully not too many.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Jigglypuff is now a Fairy type? That's a surprise! If wonder if it'll be pure Fairy or mixed. [face_thinking]
    I like the new feature though, letting you play with pokemon.
    I still can't decide on which version to get. I am leaning more towards X though as I prefer the look of the pokemon. Apart from the main rare pokemon, have they said what differences there'll be, if any?
    Oh, and that is France, isn't it? It has the same shape and at 0:34 you see a tower that's remarkably like the Eiffel Tower.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I assume battles will still work the same way, they will just look better now with the 3D graphics. And you apparently now have rollerblades to go about the world instead of a bike, so I hear.

Shame tit all still seems a bit blocky, the opening sequences with the two legendaries said "not actual game footage" but that looks awesome. Why can't they make the whole game like that?
    Turn-based stand and hit battles are OK, but I want it to be more like the anime where Pokemon dodge and weave out of the way of attacks and you see them actually physically hit each other.

Not sure what role Mewtwo has in this game as the additional legendary, they've given it a new form so it must be for something.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I meant the difference between X and Y, like how Black and White had a unique area that had completely different themes.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What were Diamond, Pearl and Platinum like?

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I couldn't tell you, I started again from Black & White having not played since original Gold & Silver.

Each game will presumably have a unique area, that will probably be announced closer to the game release.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a few questions about Gates to Infinity. I tried the demo and it's all fine except for the dialogue. There seems to be a lot and the text speed is really slow. Is there just a lot at the start or is there a lot all the way through? And is there a way to change the text speed? Also, is there a way to change the camera sensitivity? I tried the dungeon finder thing but it said my well lit room was too dark and wouldn't work.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    New trailer has more game footage, also announces release date.

12. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    Pretty stoked for this game and loving most of the pokemon announced thus far.

13. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I played Black 2 for a while but got frustrated that every team I put together got slaughtered in the PWT and BT. I wish the game had a Battle Hall like in Soul Silver. I'd love a chance to see if I could beat my own record (81 wins with Clefable).

I don't have a 3ds, but I might get one next year and pick up X/Y when I get Super Smash Bros.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I tend to find the internet is good for such problems. Knowing in advance what types of pokemon you'll be facing helps a lot. That way you can either get something that strong against them or has a good defence against them.

I do love my 3DS. Pokemon X/Y will be a great addition to the lineup.

15. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, I've got Smogon bookmarked, but it didn't matter. I'm still trying to figure out how Hitmontop outmanevered and OHK'ed my Starmie with a fighting move.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It would presumably depend on the item and attack stats it had, although Starmie as a psychic resists fighting to a degree it isn't very bulky in terms of physical defence so a powerful fighting attack if a STAB and with some item boost could do a lot.

New video released shows brand new fight option - Mega Mode

Interesting that it can only happen during a battle, will be a new way to strategise.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If I was going to get this I would have to capture Ampharos just for the heck of it to see the new evolution and I only capture pokemon from the current generation unless a previous generation pokemon to get a current evolution.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And apparently you get some sort of comic if you pre-order, at least so my nearest GAME store said.

20. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    Loving Mega Ampharos for the FABULOUS hair.

21. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Is this only a discussion thread for the nintendo gameboy games and etc or is it also to discuss the card game or where is a thread like that?

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It was just a thread for the video games, but I guess we can discuss the card game too.

23. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Unless it would be easier if I just make my own thread talking about the card game since this is about the video games?

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I am wondering which Pokémon or moves in Generation 6 will be banned by Smogon.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It seems the original starter 3 - Bulbasaur, Squirtle & Charmander - will be available in X & Y

And they will all have Mega Mode for their final forms:

Behold

[​IMG]