main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Ve haff wavs ov making vou talk...

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Ya but only a few of the admins actualy had pictures of them made [face_plain] [face_plain]

3. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    I'm here at the JC to have fun. If PreacherBoy or any other mods obstruct my purpose here, I'll let you know. . .

4. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    That's EXACTLY what I am saying...

We're here to HAVE FUN...

Grammar, really DOES NOT MATTER!!!

Posting too much, though in Good spirit, also DOES NOT MATTER!!!

5. Darth Vaernexx the Scion

Darth Vaernexx the Scion Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 1999
    I think this discussion reaches its dusk.

PreacherBoy is no different than anybody else. We are not perfect, and have our misgivings at times. If we didn't, this place would be quite boring.

Let him stay, and act out only if he does something that truly disgraces all the moderators. But mistakes and errors in judgement? We all have those...

I didn't read this entire thread, because I don't care what you all think, and I didn't want it to have any bearing on my response.

The scale is in favor of PBoy.

6. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Dude, what's with all the Analogies...BTW, if someone got only fired once for small crap... then, EVEN I believe that person deserve SECOND chances!!!

Unless you are talking about someone Got fired over and over and over too many (3+) times...

7. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    You mean himself?

[face_mischief]

8. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Fired, no. Banned, quite a bit. In the past 4 months, the current username of yours has been banned 6 times.

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Fired, no. Banned, quite a bit. In the past 4 months, the current username of yours has been banned 6 times.

Hmmm, let's see. PizzatheHutt uses an analogy to express his opinions on the situation, the opinion is taken the wrong way, Preacherboy gets offended and uses this as an excuse to flant PTH's banning history openly in front of everyone. If this is as mature as PB can handle this situation, I would be inclined to say --

1. Yes
    2. Yes

-- if however, he can deministrate a higher level of maturity, and given I haven't been around for some of these 'past complaints' I would change it to a no and no. Seems like a reasonable expectation, given that it was, afterall, the head moderator who opened this debate in the first place, and not some troll looking to start trouble.

10. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    PTH's been banned?

Seriously, can I close this? I mean, if ND wants it open, he can reopen it.

11. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Someone wanna do me next?

and this outlived its usefulness a while ago.

12. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Darth-Stryphe- I'm not offended, I'm annoyed. Annoyed that this thread is still open for ignorant bashing to take place.

I still haven't seen anything close to an apology from Nathan on this matter, but I have heard that he has been talking on how to deal with it. I hope he deals with it quickly. This crap has gone on long enough.

13. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    When all is said and done there end result of this thread is to demonstrate how the majority feels.

Indifference to Internet drama.

14. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    Wow you must be really proud that you have not been banned in 2 months...I don't think that's something to brag about.

15. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    So you get to comment on Lord Chewy posting with PB's account, but GAP can't comment on your banning?

"Hey Kettle, you're black!"

16. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    People, this is the longgggggggggggg Thanksgiving holiday weekend, 4 days. Many members are out of town visiting family and friends over the longggggggggg weekend. Nathan is probably out of town for the longgggggggggggggg weekend. Most people return from their holiday weekend late Sunday night or on Monday, whenever school begins again. I would guess that Nathan will be reading his email, PMs, and the board sometime Monday, and we'll hear from him (locking this thread) by Tuesday; it will then have been one full week that members were able to post/PM their views. Let's just practice some patience now. :D

17. x_wing15

x_wing15 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 1999
    "Hmmm, let's see. PizzatheHutt uses an analogy to express his opinions on the situation, the opinion is taken the wrong way, Preacherboy gets offended and uses this as an excuse to flant PTH's banning history openly in front of everyone."

I'm with Preacherboy on this one. I haven't seen the community go on two days without Pizza questioning one of PB's decisions or requesting PB be demoted. Pizza seems to have a one track mind, and seems to be on a constant crusade to see PB demoted. If I was in PB's place I doubt I would be so controlled toward a member constantly questioning my character. [face_plain] Seriously Pizza is on a personal vandetta here, and he gladly attacks anything and everything Pb does.

18. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    mac-nut- He's either really busy, avoiding the issue, or waiting for something to happen. He has logged on infrequently, but every day this break.

19. Fathead

Fathead Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 1999
    When is someone going to add the "mindless drivel waste of server space" post?

Come on! It's been way too long.

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    This thread has become a waste of server space.

It might also be redundant, I demand it be closed!

21. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    There we go.

22. Darth Vaernexx the Scion

Darth Vaernexx the Scion Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 1999
    Before you wipe the slate clean, can I borrow the eraser and whack you all with it?

That wasn't a threat, I'm just asking for a favor.

23. Skyler

Skyler Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2000
    if anyone should be demoted it should be nathan. Right and Wrong should not be determined by a majority vote. We would hardly need his position if all you have to do is poll the JC to see which mods to keep and which to demote.

We are getting nothing new out of this thread anymore. I agree with missy. some admin should close it, and if nathan wants it opened then he can do it himself.

24. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    So who wants to make the Poll - Admin Conduct thread?

25. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I think the answer is obvious = PreacherBoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.