main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA POP QUIZ

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Loadeddog, Apr 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Ok here is how this thread works.
    I ask a question and the next person trys to answer the question then asks their own quiz question and so on

THE QUESTIONS MUST BE ABOUT ANY SCI-FI VIDEO,TV SERIES OR MOVIE EXEMPT STAR WARS.

This is to test the average Star Wars fans knowlage of other sci-fi

Here's the first question :What was the name of the ship Buck Rodgers was frozen for 500 years on

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    An interesting question, the original William Anthony "Buck" Rogers was,in 1932,
    according to Nowlan?s original stories and comic strips, Rogers is a former U.S. Air Service support pilot who served in France during World War I. After being mustered out, he worked as a surveyor in Pennsylvania where he was trapped in a mine by a cave-in and overcome by a strange, radioactive gas that put him in a state of suspended animation for 500 years. Upon awakening (the beginning of the story), the first person he sees is Wilma Deering, who mistakes him for an outlaw and tries to shoot him. Grabbing her ray gun when she trips a root, he kills the outlaws and wins her confidence. Spotting Buck as a man to be trusted, she brings him up to date and tells him of the Mongol plot to dominate the world. Donning the jumping belt of one of the fallen outlaws, he joins Wilma for a tour of magnificent cites of "metalloglass" where 25th century citizens eat synthetic food, travel by air (roads are almost nonexistent), and have a number of ingenious art deco gadgets to do all the drudge work. In no time at all, Buck has become a captain of Earth?s military forces, a secret agent, an intelligence officer and head of the Rocket Rangers, with Wilma as his co-pilot and the brilliant Dr. Huer as his advisor. They spend the next 38 years battling the Mongols, Killer Kane and his untrustworthy partner-in-crime, the malevolently beautiful Ardala.

But in the 1979 Movie, followed by the TV series, Buck was sent into a long range recon mission by NASA, on board the Ranger 3 Shuttle, he is trapped in an ice stormn and frozen for 500 years, to be awakened by Queen Ardala of the Draconians on their way to earth to sign a peace treaty, Buck is assumed to be a Draconian spy by members of the New Earth Order military, in particular, Colonel Wilma Deering, who becomes his trusted wingman.
    The latest revamp of Buck Rogers is in the form of a short lived RPG from a few years ago, that had all the action taking place in our own solar system, the planets and moons of which are now inhabited by colonists and are now divided by political subterfuge and the "Draconian" party.

Short answer: the USS Ranger 3

Q: Whats the name of the marine mother ship in Aliens?

3. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I do believe that the mother ship was the USS SULACO. I won't post a question yet, as I don't know if I am 100% right.If someone can confirm this I will post a question ASAP.

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Confirmed. Now ask the next question so I can have a turn at answering one and asking my own. :)

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    well here's a question out of left field for you... if LD only reads the WA and occasionally the AuGen, how can he come up with the same threads ideas as most of the NSW board??? :p :)

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    In Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, what is the ship registration number for the USS DEFIANT.

7. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    NX-74205, What was the name of the book that Bladerunner was based on, and who was the author?

8. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Phillip K. Dick.

In Starship Troopers, what is the name of the corvette that plays taxi for Rico's platoon?

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Don't know about the film, but in the series it's The Zephyr.

Who created the Daleks?

10. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    I would have said the Zephyr was a shuttle not a Corvette, and said the film version was the "Roger Young" and the series version "Valley Forge"

11. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I have no idea about the TV series, but the correct answer is the Rodger Young. So Grizzly gets a go.

And, my guess on SM's question is Davros.

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    You're supposed to include a new question with your answer (I don't think your answer was right anyway but I'm not sure what answer is).
    I'll provide a new question. What character from the movie Aliens, also appears in the series Red Dwarf?

13. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    is it kryten i could be wrong

14. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    after a check of IMDB the answer is none... there is a Munson in RD and a Hudson in A2 but that is as close as you're gonna get. And RoughneckChronicles.com describes the Zephyr as a drop ship, but no class of ship as a Corvette :)

In THX 1138, who was his partner?

15. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually, the captain of Red Dwarf is the same guy as the leader of the settlers in Aliens(Director's Cut).

Davros is the leader of the Daleks, not the creator, I think SM is asking who made up the Daleks concept. Someone else can answer that and the THX question :)

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well answered PL. The captain from Red Dwarf was also the leader of the human colony at Hadleys Hope at the beginning of the film. I guess it was a trick question since it referred to a deleted scene but the directors cut is probably watche more than the original version these days.
    Now the answer for the THX question. The guy that wanted to be his partner who he ended up escaping with was SEN 5241, though he much preferred LUH 3417.

17. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Darn. Forgot to ask a new question.
    Here's an easier one with no tricks. What was the name of the model who helped the boys from International Rescue in Thunderbirds?

18. Princess_Lego

Princess_Lego Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Lady Penelope

Who plays the captain in Forbidden Planet, extra points if you know the name of the character.

19. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Leslie Nielsen played Cmdr. John J. Adams in FP
    and I think the guy Soneil and PL were referring to is Mac MacDonald (actor not character... picky picky picky) :)

On the Thunderbirds theme... what is the new series made by Gerry Anderson called?

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    He did a recent series called Space Precinct. I haven't seen it though. I've heard it wasn't that great.

New question. An easy on this time.

Which actor from Battlestar Gallactica also had a major part in a tv series about a mercenary team? If you can only name the characters I'll pay it. The actor's name will be even better.

21. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    with the dalek question.. u mean created them in the bbc? if so:
    Daleks = Terry Nation

if u meant in the program, GoC was right.. davros.. he created them from the race called the Kaled's.

sorry about the delay in that answer.. just this second got back..

as for battlestar galactica.. dont have a clue.. before my time?

22. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Dirk Benedict played Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica and "Face" in the A-team.

Q: name the Star Trek actor who has played a human, a klingon, and a vulcan, one of each in Next Generation, in Deep Space 9, and a permanent role in Voyager?

23. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    is it Tuvouk ?

24. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Soneil:FAIL... the new Gerry Anderson series is called Lavender Castle and is due to start soon on Foxtel :)

25. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Enough about Foxtel, you rich person LOL ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.