main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible Boba Fett Movie in the works?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Welshguy, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Got this from a movie rumour site on my FB feed. I wouldn't hold my breath, but if it did come off it would be a big step in the right direction.

Movie Scoop: ScreenRant had a chance to speak with "Captain America: The First Avenger" director Joe Johnston and towards the end of the conversation Johnston was asked if his former boss and mentor, George Lucas, had seen First Avenger. The director gave somewhat of a surprising response which is now making waves across the interweb:

"You know if he wants to see it, I would show it to him. I?m trying to get George to make a feature based on Boba Fett." When asked if he would direct the film Johnston said simply, "I would like to, it would be a lot of fun."

Johnston began his career working as a storyboard artist for George Lucas. He worked as a designer and visual effects art director on "Star Wars", "The Empire Strikes Back", and "Return of the Jedi." He created the designs for some of the franchise?s most beloved characters and vehicles including: Yoda, the Ewoks, The Millennium Falcon, The X- and Y-Wing Fighters, The Imperial Snow Walkers, The Imperial Star Destroyer and of course Boba Fett.

Could Johnston be the man who will bring Star Wars back to the big screen? There are certainly a number of unanswered questions and the project is undoubtedly in speculation mode right now, but the possibilities are fascinating to consider wouldn't you think? Plenty of successful films have sprung from far less fertile ground so why not this one? Only time will tell. But as for Captain America: First Avenger, the film hits theaters on July 22nd!

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely Boba is meant to be the big-name star in the LAS? I would think Lucas will wait until he has decided that is worth making before doing more movies.

I've not seen Captain America yet, but Johnson is a very hit-and-miss director so I would be a little concerned about leaving Star Wars in his hands. Jumanji is a great movie, but JP3 not so much. I didn't care much for the Wolfman either, even though it did look good.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I thought I read that the LAS was on hold? I certainly haven't heard anything lately on it.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It is on hold, what I mean is why do a Boba Fett movie if the plan is to have him as the main star in the LAS when they get around to it?

Boba also has a lot of conflicting history from the EU. Some describe him as a ruthless killing machine, others as a deeply principled guy who only does what he feels fits his own sense of moral justice and he only kills those who he feels deserve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.