main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post-Con Depression

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by chucknotsteve, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im feeling it today. Im up to my noise with work but I find myself going through my pictures about every 20 min.

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    A co-worker just asked me if I had come down from my Star Wars high yet. I said yeah, I've been totally depressed because last week at this time I was having so much fun. Then I thought to what I was doing exactly at that time last week...and I had been in the theatre listening to Mark Hamill! Then I got even MORE depressed! :p

MattDoc, I feel the same way. There was SO much to do at the con and I was never bored. I would have liked another day, or maybe a day without any panels to just walk around the exhibits without feeling so rushed.

3. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    Oh man. This weekend is gonna be SOOOOOO boring in comparison. xD

4. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    If you can, volunteer as a crew next time, it's really nice to get in early and just walk around. That's what I did on Wed night and in the mornings each day before the con opened. I spent less time looking around and checking out exhibits during the regular hours because I could check it out before the crowds started.

5. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    Absolutely, boring and routine. I have to go grocery shopping. I refused to do it the day I came back from Orlando. It was just too soon.

6. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Bummed, I am. Worthless at work, I also am.

7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Wow. Sorry to hear that, Paulie!:(

As for me, I have post-America depressions. I just don't feel like I belong in Austria anymore- a feeling I've been having for a while that was only emphasized by my travel to the U.S. This country has become too small for me, the mentality increasingly unsympathetic and alienating (for example: we don't have a geek culture, at all) and the future outlook of my work fields (graphic-design and filmmaking) are really grim here at the moment as well.

I wish I could just move in to a major U.S. city for a while. Sure, it's not as easy as I make it out to be and I will probably run in to all the same problems I have at home, but at least it would be a much needed change of scenery.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Well Billy Dee, I know at least one American city where you'd fit right in. ;)

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [:D] Yeah, it was 'him'... my heart has been torn out of my chest over it, but at least his son loved all the little bits... :(

Well, you know there's always a couch here if you want to visit, and I have 8 a year to play with - winter is MUCH easier to travel. ;)

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Grimby and Breezy, you two are the best! THE BEST! [face_laugh] [:D]

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    :eek: Yes! The day I was leaving I woke with a sore throat and by evening on the flight home I was sniffling and coughing a bit. Had a mild cold for 3 days and then gone. Thankfully.

Paulie sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( [:D]

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Well, now I'm about to start getting into this as my immediately post-CV fun has finished up as of tonight.

13. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Yeah, I am feeling it. I was only able to attend one day, bieng that my daughter was born just 2 weeks before it. I went on Saturday, and though I had a great time, I was very overwelmed. It was the first con I have ever been to as well so I was really out of my element. I keep thinking about how I would have done certain things differently, I keep remembering things that I missed that I had forgotten completely about. But I did get in for the main event and that was what I was most looking forward to.

I also bought my 1 year old a Chewbacca costume, and my newbord an Ewok costume. And my wife and I will dress as Han and Leia for Halloween, so we are set. My wife was sad she couldn't go, but was glad I got to. I hope that we can go together in the future. It wouold be great if it came back to Orlando, though probably unlikely. But maybe one day my wife and I could take a trip to it.

But to get back to the subject at hand, I have not stopped thinking about it.

14. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    2,000+ pics to sort/organize are certainly gonna keep the CV flame burning for at least a little while longer for me.

15. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Did my final CVbased goodbyes last night, so I'd say I'm starting to feel it, although it helps that I'm having to jump right back in to school and such now.

16. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    On such a star wars high right now. cant seem to get off of it, don't want to ;)
    To aid my CV withdrawal though, did anyone take a picture of my on Saturday? I was dressed as Geonosis Padme...

here's a picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snogging/4903239330/

more on my flickr... i am loving looking through everyones con photos and commenting!

17. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    If you could change one thing that you did/didn't do at CV, what would it be?

18. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    - I would have gotten up a little earlier to get into the main stage for the main event. As it was I went at my normal time and, thanks to Hyperspace, walked right into the Digital Stage (which I think had a clearer picture of the bonus Jedi footage, actually).
    - I had lofty goals of getting to a bunch of the Collector's panels. I made it to exactly zero.
    - I wanted to shoot more time lapse photos/videos. Only really did two.

19. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I would have spent more time with fellow fans. We spent most our time at the panels in the Chapin and Digital stages and didn't go to any of the parties. Wish we would have though.

20. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

Aug 16, 2010
    I keep looking through pictures yet trying not to. I have to tell myself even though I missed some things and wasn't really integrated with what was going on because I was there by myself, I saw what I went there to see like Lucas, Hamill, and more.
    Afterwards I just wanted to watch STAR WARS movies all weekend, and started watching "The Clone Wars" again from the beginning.

I would have gone to more panels on the first day. I kind of wandered around like I was lost, looking at all the booths a lot. I went to the interview with Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan but don't remember doing much after that.

21. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    - Rebuy the CV lanyerd I lost a lot sooner. Turns out it was sold out by the time I went huntin. :C
    - Spend more time in the Exhibit hall on Thurs. I felt bad for my roommie who tagged along even though she didn't have a pass till Friday.

22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    - Woke up on Sunday before it closed

23. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    I too have been thinking a lot about CV over the last week. Been looking for pictures to relive the event. I also got a the con cold afterward. Two cons in a row will do that , I guess.(I was at an anime con the week before)

I hope CVI is in Orlando again! But in May. Climate is much more moderate. See you guys then!

24. CurlyHayami

CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    Damn I'm STILL feeling it-probably because not only was it my first Celebration/convention-but also because I'm so used to a boring travel no-where lifestyle. Last time I got out was SWW 06-every other day is just kind of being bored at home and wishing I could go out/travel. Figures actually making it to something as high-tier as CV made me wish I could pretty much live there.

The time I'm writing this post (4:27 AM) is a fantastic example-my sleep schedule is still screwed up from all the staying up I did around the 'con-I want to go sleep now but know I'll miss class for the fourth day in a row (I've been missing school a lot post CV.)

A post up there (too lazy right now to qoute) sounded like my exact story btw. I bought a Saturday pass and was kind of overwhelmed with it being my first con. If I could change anything, it'd be going to One-Man Trilogy instead of Speed Dating and diving into the Experience Hall instead of saying, "I'll come back later" to it-later never came-hehehe.

The Sat. pass was the one I wanted the most (for the Main Event, which was the highlight that I still hardly believe I was actually able to see with my own eyes). I couldn't get a 4-day though as I had class on Friday, but I would've loved to extend it to Sunday-another day that was open in my schedule.

CVI-come back close so I can go again! (I've lived in FL all my life, still do-hence why this was my first).

25. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

Aug 16, 2010
    A month ago right now I had just gotten in line for the Main Event.
    I'm definitely going back to Orlando next year for the STAR WARS Weekends and the new Disney attraction, but I'd like to check out MegaCon as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.