main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post Pics Of Your Star Wars Collections Here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I got the idea for this thread from DarksiderGeorge. He mentioned that he would post pics of his collection soon.

EDITED: I took out the links to my Star Wars Collection as I no longer use AOL so they stopped hosting the pics for me. :( It is time to take new pics of my collection anyway since it has grown since then.

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Nice :)
    Bet that took a while to accumulate :)
    If I had any pics of my collection, I'd put them up.
    It's not that big anyway though. Just a life-sized Vader stand-up, Vader mask, 3D Vader puzzle, Boba Fett mug, ANH, ESB, RotJ posters, Darth Maul taco Bell cup topper, and little Nute Gunray action figure :)
    The rest of the stuffs put away :) I desperatly need a Jango Fett mug and something of AotC Anakin :)

3. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Very nice collection, Mara_Jade_Fan. My collection won't take nearly as many pics to show. I usually just collect the figs, vehicles, posters, etc that I think look best. One of these days, I will take pics of the stuff to post. I do, however, have some pics of DarksiderGeorge's collection that we took to finish our last roll of film from the AOTC premiere at Edwards. I'll scan them in for him, since I have a scanner and he doesn't.

4. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    nice, i wish i had a 'star wars room' i basically just collect the figures and thats about it, but i have a lot. im saving a lot of money to customize my car, but once thats done with i will have money to splurge on my star wars stuff!

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Check out this auction on ebay, this guy is selling off his entire lightsaber collection for $30,000! *I'm just drooling looking at the pics*

Lightsaber auction

6. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    GOOD LORD!!!!!! actually if i had that money i'd go out and buy a new mustang cobra... oh yeah.

7. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i wish i had pics of my collection. its just the figures but i think its cool

8. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Like Finney, I could find better ways to spend 30,000 dollars than on metal weapons that don't work. ;)
    If they did work, hoooo boy.
    See that's the real trick with collecting. If you never plan on selling them, they're worthless anyway. That's why I don't mind taking things out of their packages and what not. I'm never gonna sell them. Might as well enjoy them :)
    30,000 dollars. . . hooo. . . That guy's gonna make himself a nice chunk of change :)

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i wonder how much that guy invested in those sabers though... probably a lot more than that!

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ^ He could make more money if he sold them off individually. Besides, who has $30,000 to lay down for 50 lightsabers? He will probably have to sell them one at a time.

11. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    'Greed is a powerful [enemy]'

He wants money and fast it seems and he appears to put more value on what's basically metal art than what it's worth. It has more sentemental value than hard value. I dunno though. What's 30,000 divided by 50? 600 bucks per saber. Ouch. I'd love to have a replica Luke RotJ saber, but 600 bucks is just too steep for me.
    However, a hardcore life-sized Vader replica with replica mask, 'working' chest plate, saber, costume, *drool*
    By replica I mean how it appeared in the movie or was supposed to. Like at the end of Jedi when Luke took off his mask.
    How much would something like that go for? In the thousands for sure. *more drool* lol

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    600 bucks a saber is rediculus! there is no way someone will pay that! i say at the most 250 for some of the sabers, like the parks, and lightech ones, but thats it...

13. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    that is just way too much money. that guy must REALLY need money!

14. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Naw. Chances are either greedy, or thinks they're worth more than they are.

15. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    what do you know, not a single soul bid on that auction with all the sabers...

16. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    i cant help but notice that not one of us has posted a sngle pic in this thread.....

17. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    that is very true... what a keep sence of observation you have there!

18. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    i cant help but notice that not one of us has posted a sngle pic in this thread.....

:eek:

Soon, hopefully soon........

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I wouldn't mind adding this to my collection:

Falcon

20. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    wow, TOO COOL!

21. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Those guys have way too much time on their hands :p

22. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    hey! SHHH! do you work overnights? its really different, there is just nothing to do when i have a night off... when your up in the middle of the night, there is nothing open... no place i would go anyway... sometimes i just find myself staring at my computer screen waiting for something to happen... but this has nothing to do with pictures of my collection, how did we get so off topic! lol...

23. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    I'm usually always busy at night one way or the other :)
    Usually with my friends and up to no good ;)
    Either way, I've never been so unbusy that I had time to build a Millenium Flacon neat though it may be. :)

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I got the idea for this thread from DarksiderGeorge. He mentioned that he would post pics of his collection soon.

Strangely, the inspiration for this thread has yet to put up the pics of his collection. Need help from me to scan your pics in, amigo?

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    A few pics of my Star Wars Collection are posted on our Yahoo groups page. You will have to sign in to Yahoo and select a password in order to view the pics.

SDSWS yahoo group

Once you have entered in a screen name and password, click on photos on the left hand side, my photos are listed in the file "MaraJade." Sorry for all the trouble to view them, but Yahoo groups is a free service, you can't beat FREE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.