main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Prayer Request

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    This was posted in the CR forum and I knew that this had to be passed on, so more people hear of it...

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    wow, this really sucks. I came from a part of Los Angeles where this sort of thing happened alot..and I thought it was so unbelievably rediculous then...and I still do. I hate gangs and what they stand for, I hate the violence and idiocy they bring to communities, I hate thier graffiti the spew over our beautiful walls...most of all I hate the reputation it gives a certain select minorities and makes them "all gang members" just because of the color of thier clothes or hairstlye..its really sad.

My prayers go with the young lady and her family...God bless.

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Such a sad story, so very sorry. This just ONE of the reasons I moved so far away from New York City. We call ourselves civilized but we are still quite close to our barbaric instincts. But that being said, even animals even know that killing for killing sake is just wrong.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    this hurts my heart so much to hear.. we will certainly pray, should probably in fact make a prayer chain throughout the FF. Passing from one person to another. I sent this on to a few FF friends in other states as well.

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003

6. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    WoV checking in...

This, in addition to a blog I read on SW.com earlier this week about a girl who disappeared from the Boards and had passed on from breast cancer are just so sad.

I will keep the family of the victim in my prayers here on the East coast. This has got to be most difficult to watch as a family member and to make the decision to disconnect is something that must be most difficult. I can't even think about the possibility of having to someday make that decision.

How very sad indeed.

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    this breaks my heart. so sad, and so terribly uncalled for. We will certainly continue to pray for this family.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Sadly Nadi left us yesterday. This morning the newspaper reported that she passed sometime Friday, two weeks after being shot.

has anyone confirmed this.. I just read it.. but was unsure.. it is so sad.

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    This is just terrible. I hope the person who did this is convicted and sent away. He just deprived 2 children of their mother. :mad:

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Master--Kenobi posted:

I had not posted the info right away, as we have been with the family and they had asked me to wait a day or two before saying anything. And, frankly, I also, needed time to process the entire situation.

Unfortunately, our local paper is notorious for never getting the facts straight. It is three people who were arrested..not two.

Here is what the family reviewed and I have posted....

I've been putting off posting this, because I, myself, just wasn't ready to deal with it yet. We lost Nadi on this past Friday afternoon around 2:00 p.m. There was no dissconnect, her heart was simply too damaged and gave out.

Again, those involved have been charged with murder in the First Degree. I can guarentee that there will be a HUGE turnout at the trial for this.

We still have not received word if there is going to be a fund set up for not only the boys, but funeral expenses as well. We are currently working with Victims of Violent Crimes to see what help they can give.

Again, thank you all for the support. I know how much it ment to Siri and myself..and especially the family of Nadi.

May The Force Be With You..

Master K, Siri, and the Family of Nadi

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You know, this is about the 4th person on the boards to pass away since I've been posting.

When Chanel passed away they set up a fund for her daughter. I hope they do for this too.

Just . . . [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.