main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Princess Leia Costumes - Both People-Size and Barbie Doll Size

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by LoveAngelJRP, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoveAngelJRP

LoveAngelJRP Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2006
    I've been searching through a few topics on here to find help or tips on making Princess Leia's Cloud City Outfit in both regular people size and in Barbie doll size (11 1/2").

I would like suggestions on what patterns to use for both. I need the doll size to use as a reference for making the outfit for myself.

Does anyone have a pattern for making the outfit in Barbie doll size? Or know of a site that has printable patterns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I thought I saw a thread for the Bespin outfit somewhere. Of course, that could be a while ago--maybe even years.
    Anyone else remember that?

As for doll size: great idea. Have you tried googleing? Barbie Starwars? Um, never mind. Just went through looking. People post some weird crap!

3. LoveAngelJRP

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah, I've looked all through that posting on making the person-sized costume. Since most of it was from 2002 to 2007, it's hard to know if any of the patterns they mentioned are still available.

But it's still good reference. For now, since it's getting closer to Halloween, I'll have to skip the embroidery details on the white cape/vest.

I also looked through the posting about Padme/Leia Doll Costumes. But no one mentioned patterns they used or created.

Anyways, I agree with what you have posted in your signature, Koohii - about "The Matrix"; I'd also add that there are some other movies that could be grouped with it in that regard.

*Note* There was a glitch that ended up making my post multiply.

4. LoveAngelJRP

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah, I've looked all through that posting on making the person-sized costume. Since most of it was from 2002 to 2007, it's hard to know if any of the patterns they mentioned are still available.

But it's still good reference. For now, since it's getting closer to Halloween, I'll have to skip the embroidery details on the white cape/vest.

I also looked through the posting about Padme/Leia Doll Costumes. But no one mentioned patterns they used or created.

Anyways, I agree with what you have posted in your signature, Koo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.