main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Private Little Wars RPG Campaign: anyone wanna play?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Slan, all!

Set shortly after Coruscant's fall to the New Republic, a mismatched group of individuals finds themselves thrown together on the second moon of Ord Mantell...

Next gaming session, character and plot developements will be posted in this thread. All players please feel free to post questions and comments here!

Thanks,

*Derisa*

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    The next gaming session will be Thursday, April 10th at the usual location, starting at 1930 hours.

Hope to see you there!

*Derisa*

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Well being the first pilot to almost crash his plane before leaving the hangar...I would like to congratulate Derisa on running a great campaign so far. I can't wait for all the future twists and turns to be revealed.

4. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I am looking forward to playing a character in your campaign!!!!

And of course, I'm bringing my Rancor. :p

-Vills

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Slan, all! Hope life's treating you well.

Next play date is Thursday, April 10, from 1930hr till much much later. :)

I'm thinking of making it a pizza night: what do you guys think?

*Derisa*

6. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    [Homer Simpson]Hmmmmm...pizzaaaa...*gurgle*[/Homer]

- Rani

7. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Pizza is good....pizza plus blowing things up is even better. Here's to dramatic ones and failed piloting rolls!

8. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Whatever you say..."Flip". :D

- Rani

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Heh! "Flip"! :)

Well, Xodan smile upon you, and may your comm signals remain unblocked long enough to get this meessage from Home Base. :)

Last week's adventure went well (oddly, but well). Captain Stolavich has ordered some eighty crew members of the Asp down to the moon, and then the rest of Strike Force 108 disappeared from all sensors.

Sascha found Xodan and shot Group Captain Taryn in the belly, in full view of his "people", "Flip" Jumander was shot down, but managed to survive the ejection, and has hooked up with Mera, who had just found a way to contact the Asp, even through the sensor blocking.

Freid Kyne has gone scouting for Sascha and the other survivors of the flight down to Secundus, and ran into Bhazeeca, a not-quite-local who was spying on the crew. She fled back towards the city to report to her master, but was distracted by the pick-up of the downed pilot.

Trigger-happy, he slagged her boss's swoop and he and Mera kidnaped the poor Caamasian, duct-taping her muzzle shut when she wouldn't be quiet, as Mera and Jandor determined that the blocking signal appears to be coming from the Dome to the West of their encampment.

And this week? Who knows? :) (Certainly not me, I'm always being surprised by you guys!)

Next play date is Thursday at 2000hrs, my place, and we'll be starting much faster this time. :)

The pizza worked well last time. Does anyone feel like potlucking it this Thursday? I'll provide the chicken casserole. :)

Also, Rani has asked that anyone needing a ride to or from the game contact her ahead of time so she can make arrangements. PMs would prolly work best, unless you have her phone number. (Pay her your bus fare, get door to door service!) :)

See you guys Thursday!

*Derisa*

10. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    Potluck sounds great, I can do the giant bowl of Macaroni Salad. I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens this week. I love being surprised and Sascha seems to be full of them.

11. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Trigger-happy, he slagged her boss's swoop and he and Mera kidnaped the poor Caamasian

Al, I think you currently hold the record for the PC with the most number of nicknames. "Jam", "Flip", and now "Trigger-happy". ;) Nice shooting, Tex!

Derisa, we had spoken briefly last night about using Saturday for a longer RPG session, possibly to include Kelson as a drop-in. Is this still the plan, because we could always have a brief lunch/brunch meeting at Alzu's, nice and central for everyone, and then those participating could pile into vehicles to head off to your place afterwards for the RPG.

What's everyone else's opinion?

- Rani

12. Vills-Kavic

Mar 8, 2003
    Rani...

Your plan sounds great! That way both the meeting and gaming can be done all at once. Could I get a ride from you to Derisa's? I am pitifully unable to move myself around at the moment... [face_plain]

Looking forward to what Xodan will throw at us... (and how long Sascha will continue his existence...)

-the poor Caamasi

13. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    If we're leaving for the RPG straight from Alzu's, I certainly won't be leaving someone on crutches standing in the parking lot, Hana. ;) I'll have the "Centennial Falcon" standing by for you. She seats 8 when she has both benches in, and can make the "Kessel Run" from Esquimalt to Swartz Bay in under 26 minutes. :D

(One of these days, I have to take a picture of the ol' rustbucket while she's still showing more paint than primer, scan it and put it on the web page and link it here.) :p

- Rani

14. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    I WILL be there, and I thought I would be on time this week, but it turns out I have to work til 8:30, so I will only be a little late (I'll be getting a ride right there after work, so sould be there between 8:45-9:00)

Potluck sounds good! have to figure out what I can whip up...anybody got any preferences/foods they won't eat?

15. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll bring beverages: Pepsi, iced tea, and juice. Hopefully everyone will like at least one of those choices. :)

It appears I'll be bringing almost everyone else, too. :) If people needing a ride tothe RPG session tomorrow night could meet at Alakin and C4's place no later than 7:00 p.m., I can get up to 7 passengers to the game for 7:30.

After the game, I can take everyone home if necessary. I don't think there will be a seat shortage, but if there is, we can play survivor and the tribe can always "vote someone off the island". :p

- Rani

16. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    well after today's little driving adventure I might have a rental car tomorrow(Thurs) for transporting people...although at this point I am pretty sore and might just surrender to the darkness of sleep....Might not have to play ride survivor, but I'd think people should still be prepared for the worst.

17. Vills-Kavic

Mar 8, 2003
    I'll bring veggies and dip, for some break from oh-so-good but oh-so-bad goodies! :)

I will be at Alakin's before 7...

-Vills

18. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    An update on my arrival time - I'm home sick from work (nothing to worry about, it just keeps me from spending long periods of time talking on the phones) so I'll be able to be there on time after all! Still not quite sure what I'm bringing with me, but I'll come up with something!

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    <begin transmission...>

In last week's exciting episodes, the desert-dweller Freid Kyne failed in his assassination attempt on the clubfooted psychopath Sasha, and was blasted in the gut for his trouble. Others used the distraction to their own advantage, and dove into ships, leaving only one shuttle to the survivors.

Jandor "Flip" Jumanji followed the Rogue pattern and used an X-Wing's laser cannons as an anti-personnel device, setting the one of the camp's makeshift sod houses alight, before running for clear sky.

He was joined in his exodus by an officer from the Viper who managed to steal a shuttle, and the refugee farmer's daughter Mera Rhysan, but as soon as they hit atmosphere, the three had an argument and went their separate ways: Mera to the Asp, Brisqa to the Viper, and Jandor out of system, (or at least that was the plan).

He found himself caught in a tractor beam, and used the mysterious code cylinders to gain entry to the executive hangar of the Interdictor Cruiser Inhibitor, shortly after which he was treated to an interview with the current head of the Empire's military forces.

After handing over the cylinders to Admiral Pellaeon, he was then assigned to the feared DarkFist penal squadron. (Alakin's new character will be introduced in the next session.)

After a long night's guard duty, our poor-little-rich Bothan "Paryn" reprogrammed a shuttle to turn it into a miniature gas chamber, (with a few personal accessways out in case it might be turned against him one of these days) and then called for all the other survivors to hear an announcement from Sasha. Kita and he are sticking quite close together, for those who would care to notice such things.

Sasha chose a select group, those who had followed his every order without question, and ordered them into the shuttle, where they died, very very quickly. He then explained that he had needed to weed out those who would follow such odd orders without question. Those who had used their initiative were rewarded with their lives, and they set about resituating the camp, in a clearing scouted by Freid Kyne. (Duncan's new character will make his first appearance next session.)

Mera visited the Asp, and got updated and specific orders from Stolavich, as well as some supplies, and has returned to find Sasha appears to have returned to sanity, after murdering 18 people. She has established intermittent comm contacts, and has been deputised by Sasha as the ersatz comm officer, in accordance with Stolavich's orders.

Freid Kyne, recovering (slowly) from his gut wound, wandered off with the brawler Maimas to scout the foundation of the Dome, and stumbled upon a simple combination to a hidden stairwell. They've been exploring for a little while.

Also expressing a keen interest in spelunking, Bhazeeca has been wandering around in the tunnels and chambers beneath Sasha's camp, and has uncovered a lot of very interesting things, such as materiel in enough supply to arm and maintain a complete Imperial garrison. She has found her way to the occupied portions of the underground Base...

And what will happen in this week's exciting episode? Will Sasha find the missing plans to the third Death Star in Paryn's locked down datapad? Will Mera discover a long buried secret that she is the illegitamate daughter of Emperor Palpatine and Freid Kyne's aunt Jessiqa? After engaging in illicit nocturnal activities with some kinked Imp, will Kita cough up a hairball containing the full floor plan of the underground Base?

Tune in to C-PLW at 2000 hours on Thursday the 24 to find out!

<...end transmission>

20. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    hey all, just posting a postponement till next week on the game: my cough is worse and I'm not feeling up to all the talking necessary to guide the gane.

Pass the word, please!

Thanks, and I'll see you next week.

*Derisa*

21. Vills-Kavic

Mar 8, 2003
    Roger roger! I'll pass it on...

-Vills

22. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    well....I guess we shouldnt have kept you out sooooo horribly late last night...HAHA!

23. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I'd like to say yeah, but I've been ailing since Sunday... *I* shouldn't have stayed out so late. I slept well though, and the pool was fun. Thanks for inviting us along. :)

*Derisa*

24. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *Excuse* me? Pool? *ears perk right up* What the heck is *this* all about? :) Either this is all part of a cunning little joke....or else I am about to be very, *very* disappointed.... :D

Dawn.

25. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Not a cunning little joke at all, Dawn. You left so quickly after the comedy act on Wednesday that you missed an impromptu decision as we gathered on the sidewalk to go to a bar around the corner and play pool for the rest of the evening, that's all.

Now, back on topic...

Derisa, what are RPG plans for this week? :)

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.