main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Problem with Clone Wars continuity?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthStinkyBritches, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    If this is the wrong forum, sorry.

On to my point though. In the Republic comics the Jedi (ie Obi and Anakin) have already met Durgg and Asajj <sp?>. They've already fought them, seen them... know their names..

NOw, in the Clone Wars cartoon, are they going to meet them again, for the first time....? :)

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I believe the Republic comic (specifically, Defense of Kamino and all) were 6 months ABG.

I think the Clone Wars Cartoon are before that (at this point)...

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeah, there's a time line on some of the comics and boooks, so I'm sure they're keeping with the timeline. :)

I've only read the Battle of Jabiim and Defense of Kamino comic series and read Shatterpoint, so this will be my first time seeing Assaj and Durge! :)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, it may be that the series takes place after the Defense of Naboo (1st appearance Ventress/Durge, I believe) and this will NOT be the first time the Jedi encounter them.

I'm unclear on that.

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    The Cartoon Series is before the Comic Series...

www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu (go to the timeline)

6. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    If the cartoon serie is before comics, we have a probleme :

spoilers

I think Anakin kills Ventress in the last chapter of the serie, so she couldn't be in the comic

end spoiler

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Actually, it says Anakin defeats Ventress, it says nothing about him killing her

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    One of the problems with covering so much material on various forms of media (comics/games/cartoons) is that it is very easy to get the events of the timeline mixed up.

If it weren't for the fact that many "purists" don't consider any of this part of the SW universe...they would be pointing this out at every given moment. I think as the series progresses...the folks at Lucasfilm are going to have to revise the most recent CLONE WARS timeline, to include more specific information as it airs on TV.

9. DarthStinkyBritches

Jun 19, 2001
    unless, in the cartoon, they act like they know each other then the continuity is screwed. because the Jedi surely didn't know them in the comics.

10. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Uh, no, myself and others have already come up with minor fixes for anything that shows up just about. The first meeting beteen Ventress and Dooku could easily be a flash back. As could the "first" meetings between Ventress/Durge to Obi/Anakin. It all depends on how you arrange it cronologically. It's not a big deal. Don't worry about it.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The episodes where Dooku first meets Ventress will be set earlier on the timeline than the rest of the series.

There's no definite date yet for the Dooku/Ventress encounter, but I'll guesstimate.

The timeline for the sources that features Ventress and Durge goes something like this:

0.5 to 2 Months ABG: Clone Wars Chapters 6 & 7
    2.5 Months ABG: The New Face of War (Republic #51 & 52)
    3 Months ABG: Blast Radius (Republic #53)
    3 Months ABG: Jedi: Mace Windu- Schism
    4 Months ABG: Clone Wars Chapters 1 to 5 ; 8 to 20
    4 Months ABG: Boba Fett #4: Hunted
    16 Months ABG: Republic #60 & 62

12. DarthStinkyBritches

Jun 19, 2001
    Still... they met for the first time in the comic. if they meet again like they don't know each other, it doesn't matter how you skew the timeframe of the episodes, it's not gonna work.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually- Anakin and Ventress have never dueled in the comics yet, though they did see each other. So it depends on if the show says it is they're first meeting or merely their first confrontation.

14. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Clone Wars doesn't need to be edited. It's a storyline, taking place right after Episode 2 and the comic can have its own timeline. It's fine. :D

15. DarthStinkyBritches

Jun 19, 2001
    So, you're saying there's 2 separate Clone Wars timelines? :p

16. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    It fits, you just have to be creative.

You can watch the cartoon seemlessly, but just remember that some of the stuff occurs out of sequence. Like a QT film. ;)

17. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Still... they met for the first time in the comic. if they meet again like they don't know each other, it doesn't matter how you skew the timeframe of the episodes, it's not gonna work.

Not everyone reads the comics. It would work just fine.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There aren't seperate timelines- the cartoon is part of the only Clone Wars timeline. You don't need to "be creative" to make them fit together. See my earlier post for the order.

Even though the majority of the Clone Wars will be told in the comics, this one adventure happens in animated form, while a small handful of others hit in novel form.

19. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    In which comic did Dooku meet Ventress?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They're first meeting was never covered in the comics, though they do speak to each other in "Jedi: Mace Wind- Schism", which can be found collected in Clone Wars: Volume 1: The Defense of Kamino.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.