main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Prop Building ...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RipRoar, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah - we should do something - maybe this weekend coming? Sound off - who is busy?

2. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    I am, as of right now, not doing or planning anything. We also need to discuss when we want to meet with the GM of the Paladium Theatre so we can get that going. How is your armor coming along, Rip? Can't wait to see it.

3. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I stopped the TK so I could finish up making the molds for the Clones. I am back onto the TK again this week I hope. Hey man - you will be starting you TK-Bigger / TK-Tall what ever you call it HELMET next time I see you (It's here ready to go).

4. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I was online looking at the steps to assemble a Stormtrooper armor costume and I just hope that I am up to the task and am a little better organized that I was on my attempt to build the E-11 and the DLT-19 (MG-34) which is still in many pieces out in the garage. This is going to be a big jump into the world of prob building. My own armor! COOL! :cool:

5. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Keep us posted about the schedule for this weekend. As far as I know I could do either Saturday or Sunday. Normally I would not be able to come on Sunday as that is Elane's travel day, but since she will be in Columbus over weekend, that frees me up. Have Star Destroyer will travel.

6. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Let's plan on Sunday then - I'll post details later

7. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Darth_MacDuff

I went ahead and pulled your hands along with a belt I had to pull after you left so you now have hands to go along with the other stuff pulled today. Youre on your way to making your own suit - TK-Tall!

8. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Cool! Thanks for the assist! I can't wait to see what this is going to look like on me. The TKBIG armor looked so cool when it's finished, but I am just a wee bit taller than the inventor. I hope it looks as good on me as it did on him. Gonna be a big trooper running around. I am going to bring the digital camera next time and get some pics. The guys in KOTE want to see what I am up to.

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    The "TK-TALL" molds have had further repairs made to them tonight (Getting closer to being done with them, then you can finish pulling your suit from them and maybe I will even donate/trade the molds to a new friend - they take up too much room and would be a waste to sit around here collecting dust). Remember, the molds are really long compared to the original suit put together from them. The belly piece under the chest has a lot of length to it that doesn't show up on the original.

You can take all the photo's you want of the suit when it's finished and your in it at events or as you take your plastic home to work on (Which you should do next time - I know you are nervous about putting them together on your own but that's what I had to do with the Biker Scouts pulled for me from our former VERY talented prop/mold maker - the internet will be a great help here for you). This is group policy that we pay for our own supplies and do the work ourselves as much as possible - no profiting to honor my pledge to the powers that be (Of course we all help eachother when we can - but this is your suit to finish - I have other costumes I need to finish besides a few ideas for non-star wars ones).

10. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Thanks for all the assistance. I was looking at the one pic that I have of the armor on someone and I was noticing that the belly armor was a little shorter. I think with my extra height, I should be able to pull this off. I have found a link that show you how to assemble your own armor and I am going to be looking at that a lot. The main thing that I am going to be needing some help with is the "bucket". That is definately a more than one man job as we found out Sunday. [face_laugh] I am a little apprehensive about doing this, but I do want to do as much as I can, so I can say that this was something that I helped create. That idea right there is so cool :cool:. Man, I think I am more worked up about this that I was when I was waiting on my Vader armor to show up. I am hoping I can have the TK done by 31 October. I would love to wear that to work! I can just the faces of my co-workers! :eek:

11. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    You were mentioning something about working on the grill (aka "the frown") on your TK helmet. Have you checked out TK409's website? It almost is a tutorial. Found a couple of others that had some good suggestions for the helmet. One was putting the insides of a hard hat in the top for your head. Might just work.

12. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I was talking to the wife and we have some industrial strength velcro here at the house. I saw online where you need some to get some of the pieces to hold together. I don't know how much we got.

13. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Just a brief note. When I made my first appearance as Darth Vader at Dan Nicholas, the one negative thing I heard about my costume was that you able to see my face through my grill on my face mask. Well, today, I went to Lowe's and picked up some screen and put that in there and you can see my face now. I was wanting to at least do that before our troop for Clone Wars. I am still wanting to do some mods on the Vader lid, but I am probably going to buy a second one to work on, so I can have one to troop with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.