main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Question drawn from Vader's Head at last meeting.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Hulk, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Here is the question I drew from the Vader Head at our meeting:

Is Lando really a villain in ESB? Or was he doing the best he could to help his People?

Please give your thoughts

2. Master_Rory-tiin

Master_Rory-tiin Jedi Master star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    I think that he was good that considering that he somewhat saved luke and leia.

3. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Yes, but that was all after he sold them out so Darth Vader could confront Luke and Boba Fett could get Han Solo. What do you think Lando's motives were initially?

I mean, did he do it to save Cloud City and its people or did he do it so the Empire wouldn't hoard his Tibanna gas mining operation and kill his profit margin? I say he sold out his friends for the money but had a change of heart after he saw what Vader did to Han.

4. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I do think that Lando always has his eye on the money, but I do think when he took over Cloud City that he felt some responsibility to the people there too. When the deal with Vader first came up, I think he thought that it was the best of both worlds. He got to take care of his people with the added bonus of making money. I do think Lando's primary loyalty is to Lando, and Lando alone, so he didn't really feel much loyalty to Han. He's loyal when it benefits him, and that's it. But once he realized what this meant and exactly what was involved in the deal with the Empire, he had a change of heart and figured out that he was not as greedy as he thought he was.

5. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    I think he was a lot like this Prancer guy I keep hearing about....Wants to help but can't keep his eyes off the girls....;)

On a serious note, Lando had the right intentions but bad timing....Never having dealt with Vader, he probably thought Vader was good for his word until he was going to take Leia and Chewie away. He probably thought, we can always rescue or look for Han, but to safeguard the Princess was the most important thing at the time. When Vader decided to change everything, Lando did what was right........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.