main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Question the potential CR's here and Let Voting Begin - 30th May till 5th June!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Greetings friends, foe and everyone in between.

It is time to elect a new CR for SAFF.

After 2 full years, I'm standing down as CR. I won't be seeking re-election.

So thankyou, and may the nominations begin! ;)

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'd like to nominate a long standing member who has earned her right to lead, Kooky!!!

3. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Me?!?!

Really?!?!

Thankyou, I am honored. I accept the Challenge.

Excellent *evil smile, rubs hands together*
    Yeeeeesssssss, time for my rein of. . .*looks around* of. . . Goodness and Love, Peace and Cookies for everyone! :D

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And don't we all love that split personality she is exhibiting there.... o_O :p :rolleyes:

5. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    If these "Cookies" you speak of are real, then it's a done deal ;)[face_whistling]

6. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Its been two years? Really? Time flies :)

7. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    I have had a think about it, and I've decided that if there are no objections, I would like to nominate myself for CR.

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    All Nominations are welcome and of course none of us mind LTG!!, I'm very pleased we have TWO ladies running now! WOOT!! I second that nomination!

9. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I will second LTG's nomination :)

10. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Psst - LTG, I will give you the extra large cookie if you vote for me :p if that does not persuade you. If you vote for me, I will vote for you! :D but sshhhhhhh dont tell the others! [face_shhh]

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Voting will begin on 30th of May, and go for a week.

12. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    ;)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, we have I am Kooky & LittleTinGoddess running for CR of the SAFF. Voting begins on Monday 30th May till Sunday 5th May. All votes are to be forwarded to Halibut - one vote per person and lets keep this honest and fair. ;) Let the games begin!!

14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Best of luck, ladies!

15. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    can we ask questions of the candidates? to see why we should vote for them?

:cool:

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sure, they've been up for a week or so, but I am SURE they would be happy to answer any and all questions!

17. jabbathenutt

May 28, 2005
    1. I would like to know what they both propose will happen with SAFF over the next year and what they intend to do to help "liven" up these boards.

2. How they intend to keep current partnerships with 501st/RL intact for big events such as Norwood pageant etc :)

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Fair questions, as for the Norwood Pageant, I organise that and have always invited the d 501st, it just wouldn't be the Norwood Pageant without them! ;) Its one definate 'linked' event, and after a few 'firm words' from the Pageant organisers, we will be one group only. ;) Hope that's ok guys.

19. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    I will think on these questions and post my reply within the next day or so

20. jabbathenutt

May 28, 2005
    hey i'm totally ok with that :)

and just pointing out that i was one of only a few who still trooped under your banner cos that is what we were there for ;) and will do so again this year. hopefully the kids will be with me this year also, they were totally devastated that hey missed last year

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Cool!! Thats how it should be ;) And if the 501st have an event and we attend, we walk under your banner ;) Makes sense to me. :)

22. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Not to hijack the thread any further, but there is (to my knowledge) an agreement between the SAFF CR and the Squad Leader of the SDS that 'in kind' invites to events will be fostered and will be happening. I was very happy to receive an email from the Squad Leader wanting to see how the two groups can help each other at events.

Now, back to the questions ...

Whoever is the next CR, will there be cake?? :D

23. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, it seems that everyone has a very bad case of ?Real Life?. Sadly at the moment, there is no cure. How ever there are steps to prevent it from taking hold of your life completely.
    Like laughing, forgiving, serving, and daydreaming, but mostly Laughing!

Although new members would be great, I intent to focus on our existing members and older members that seem to have been taken hostage by this illness called ?Real Life?. We shall gather what people still float about, and tie them back together. Give reasons and incentive to post and re-communicate.

Toddi, There will be free cake in the ?Meander?s Inn?, freshly baked by our local Chef. The cake flavor will change from time to time, maybe even muffins if she is feelin a bit crazy! Free Coffee/Hot Chocolate when two or more people gather at the same time to sit and chat.

A ?Star Wars? marathon some time in the future would be cool. We will gather somewhere and sit and enjoy what brought us together, while dressed in our Sith/Jedi/Bath robes (Slippers optional)

A chance to show off new costumes (preferably Star Wars related, but any new costume you need a chance to where out) or just to dust off our favorites for Daffodil Day, (26/8/11 ? Friday)
    We could spend an hour or two helping raise funds for Cancer research. After we could head out to dinner and have New Years Eve in August. Just in case we where not sick of each other by then and make it a really awesome day out! Worth asking work for the day off, making it a great start to the weekend.

Not forgetting our Christmas picnic of course, a must for the SAFF calendar. Perhaps we might move location this year and possibly add in a Secret Santa? Be at the beach and have the sand between our toes, or up in the hills somewhere?

*Offers freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies, the best of the Light and Dark side.* :D

24. jabbathenutt

May 28, 2005
    i only accept dark side cookies ;) [face_skull] [face_laugh] lmao

25. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    Perhaps we could have another open day, as the last one was quite successful. Facebook is quite a powerful medium these days, so perhaps promoting the open day and SAFF in general on it might be the way to go. Other than that, I have spent the last two days thinking about this question, and for the life of me cannot think of anything else that might help to bring new members in. As for the inactive members, I'm not entirely sure if there is anything we can do. These members all left for reasons, whatever they might be, and they all left willingly, so unless it can be resolved or they decide that they want SAFF back in their lives, then there is unfortunately not much we can do :( However, I am open to ideas!

As for the cake, I do quite a lot of baking, so there is ALWAYS cake with me involved. :D Or cupcakes, biscuits, etc. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.