main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: The 13th Thread!!! OoOoOoO!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Why did I wake up at 9-something this morning?! I went to bed at 4. I should still be asleep! Hmm.

Whatcha all doing today then? I hope JW was fun (did I miss more Jurassic Park? *sob*)!

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    No Jurasic Park this time ES. I'm debating on what I should do today. I have no set plans. I need to clean the apartment a bit and could use an hour at the gym. But I would also rather just sit here and do nothing. I want to finish HBP again before DH comes out to refresh my memory. I also have three movies to watch that I rented from work, The Departed (which I never saw in theaters), The Last King of Scotland, and Dejavu. I'm not a Denzel fan so I want to watch it then I don't. The Departed and LKofS are going to be deep thinking movies I know and probably depressing.

It's so nice outside though I should be doing something out but going out cost money and I don't want to spend any right now so if I do enjoy the outdoors today it will be me HBP and the hammock in the backyard.

3. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Read it again for me, SR. I'm already in the middle of three books, and won't have time. *sighs*

Out of curiosity, what did Williams play?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the John Williams thread.

4. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I finished my re-read (minus the missing CoS) a couple weeks ago and have started over again today. I don't know why I didn't just pick up HBP again--there's no way I'm reading a book a day until Friday night and then having to read *that* all quick-like too! Anyway, I'm nearly halfway through SS.

Percy's sick. He's in a good mood and stuff, but he's moved from the last few months' "feed me from your hand or I won't eat" to having trouble keeping it down (starting on Friday). We're only feeding him plain things like toast, cheerios, and bits of rice cake now, but he needs marshmallows (or nutella or something) to take his pills so it's tough. Poor little old man-poo. :(

5. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Double post, whee.

I'm finally going to see Spider-man3! Gotta leave soon...

My feet are cold.

6. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Don't feel bad ES, I still haven't seen Spiderman 3. My friends called spiderman "emo" in this one. I'll wait for the DVD. I'm more an X-men fan myself.

I'm exhausted from the concert and working today. I'm going to bed early, like the old lady I am. I need to rest up so I can stay up tomorrow watching HP.

7. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Unfortunately, I haven't seen Spiderman 3 either. But then, I didn't get the chance to see either of the first two until they came out on DVD either...

8. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Oh, you guys should see it. APL, I'd heard that too, and it's so true, and it's highly amusing. :D

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm up doing last minute laundry stuff plus I had a nap earlier.

Emo Spidey is hi-lar-i-ous!

I used my new serger yesterday because I wanted to finish some stuff and man does it work well. I also used my sewing machine and still love it though I am having problems with the embroidery program.

10. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    I'm up doing laundry too. This is not a newsflash as the same event occurs late on Sunday almost every week. Must be nice to be a morning person like some of you. I'm a zombie until 11 AM, even if I get plenty of sleep.

11. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Ha, so am I! But then...I rarely get enough sleep besides on weekends. I generally read in bed until 11:30-12:00 (take last night for example...fell asleep after 12) but I have to get up at 6:15. This means I don't get nearly enough sleep and I'm really tired for a few hours. This has happened EVERY DAY for several years now...I've never learned my lesson.[face_laugh]

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So anyone going to the Orange County Fair on Friday? If so you might catch me performing with Weird Al.

13. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Please tell us more of how YOU will be performing with Weird Al. I didn't know you played any instruments? Or does this involve your Stormtrooper costume?

14. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Maybe he'll be onstage for "White and Nerdy". That's pretty hilarious (and a little cool), SR. :D

15. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Indeed, although I'd also like seeing him in Weird Al's "Constipated Song"!

Avril Lavigne is a moron, but at least she gave Al some material![face_laugh]

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I really don't know much. I just will be there Friday night at 8pm on stage with Al with me in my TK. That's all I know as of right now. Should be fun.

17. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I like bugs and spiders outside in their natural environment, so long as they don't attack me. Inside in the apartment, not so much.

18. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Good news, i have a four day weekend coming up. My bad news, my grandma is getting heart surgery (she lives in Nevada) on my birthday, the 25th. Which means I might be taking a trip down there soon to visit. Which means comic con is way out, even though I wasn't positive I was going in the first place. C'est la vie.

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I hope your grandma is ok, APL!

Tonight on Leno, Adam Sandler was wearing what looked like a U2 shirt from the Zooropa tour--it said ZOO YORK and 1993 and something else under that in smaller writing that I couldn't read. It was navy with yellow accents just past the shoulders (on the sleeves). Cool! Stupid New York, getting their OWN special tour shirts! ;p

20. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Yea, LA is still gigantic, and we get nada. On the bright side, I have a walking stick that says Grand Canyon on it. It makes a good staff.

21. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Nah, LA still gets everything. Now back here, in Minneapolis, there are SO MANY BANDS who don't even come here. It's disappointing and anger-inducing. I mean, some go to stupid places like NORTH DAKOTA but still not here(!)...I think that was the White Stripes who are doing that. Bloc Party isn't coming. RATM, who I never got to see back in the day, aren't coming (but oh, they're going to East Troy, Wisconsin, this tiny town in the middle of nowhere that's about halfway between Milwaukee, Madison, and Chicago). And even when bands do come here, they play one show whereas in LA and NYC they do several. I miss LA for teh music too.

22. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Luckily I mostly listen to classical and soundtracks. I don't need to attend concerts.

23. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I like classical concerts a lot too (whether John Williams or not, haha). Live music is food for the soul. It = LIFE.

24. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Awesome it should be a blast we went to his last concert at the Greek and it was a blast and of course he did the Saga Begins and Yoda.

I don't know how I would have survived with out Classical Music, I remember my first introduction was the 8-Track of the 1812 Overture I got from my father when I was but a boy.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Don't you just hate when you are all booked up for something then at the last minute someone comes to you with a better plan. Someone just came to me with a option to go on an all expense paid weekend to Las Vegas.

My new response to any invitation or event is "Sure I'll be there, but I hold the option to flake last minute". Though I think that's rude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.