main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI R2-Detroit May Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rocksoldier, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocksoldier

rocksoldier Chapter Rep: Detroit, MI star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    R2-Detroit May Meeting

Saturday, May 14, 2011
    7:00 pm

Borders Books & Music
    Troy, MI
    (inside Oakland Mall)

check out the event page on our Facebook site to RSVP

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=207950829226156

2. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    Meeting Notes,May 2011

Attending tonight's meeting were:Dan,Tracy,Trevor,Brian,Jeff and myself.We started off the evening by wishing George Lucas a Happy Birthday and we spent the evening talking about the upcoming Blu-Ray release,what's good and bad about the EU,as well as Disney's Star Tours and an update from Tracy about the R2 Detroit Twitter page.Trevor and Brian attended the Motor City Con today and they talked about that.

A couple of business notes.R2 Detroit now has a monthly book club.It was agreed that the club would meet one hour prior to the regular monthly meeting at the same Border's location.This month's selection will be 'Shadows of the Empire' by Steve Perry.We talked about the possibility of having a contact person for the book club,but no final decision was made regarding that.

We also have a group chat function on the facebook page and we talked about the possibility of having a weekly group chat or even having live chats during episodes of the Clone Wars this Fall.We also briefly discussed the possibility of having group officer elections this summer,but we will talk more about that over the next couple of months.

The tentative date for the next meeting is June 18 at 7pm(preceded by the book club meeting at 6pm),pending confirmation from the store.

3. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Sounds very interesting.

I would deff be interested in being apart of the book club. I love reading the books and talking about them.

I know I say it just about everytime, but I am deff making the next meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.