main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Random Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Ryno, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Welcome to Rhodesquadron, Essence, where size matters not!

Fell free to post and if you feel truly brave you can join us for our Monthly meets. Idarii, (Carrie) is our fearless leader. My name is Ed, most call me Moby once they get to know me. Either is fine. If you have any questions, ask. I'm sure somebody will be albe to assist you.

So post away and most of all, have fun!

May the Force be with you.

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    sadly, james there is not much to do that is fun during the day in warwick. or most of RI for that matter. except in providence. always something to do in providence. and newport. i rest my case.

welcome to the board, essence, we're glad you found us :) feel free to join our little tirades and silliness ;)

3. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I miss Rocky Point Amusement Park. :_|
    That was fun when I was younger.

I use to get clam cakes down there near the park. Is that place still there and what is it's name?

There are some great places in R.I. it's not that boring. Love the beaches. :)

4. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ah yes, rocky point, how i miss thee.

uhm i think the clam cake place is still there, but if not, there is a "rocky point chowder house" at the intersection of route 1 and airport road.

and of course there are the beaches, that's why i said newport ;) warwick beaches are kinda yucky.

5. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Just watch out for the sharks at those RI beaches. ;)

And what do you mean nothing to do in RI?You got the Foxy Lady,The cadilac lounge (bring your own beer :D ).Some of the best clubs in the NE area ;)

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Yeah, I heard about shark sightings off of a few beaches around here due to the high bacteria count in the water. High bacteria = more microrganisms = more small fish = more big fish = sharks. Or something like that.

:p

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    You got the Foxy Lady,The cadilac lounge (bring your own beer).Some of the best clubs in the NE area

Man, now you tell me this. Next time Im up there we have to go to one of these places :D

8. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Man, now you tell me this. Next time Im up there we have to go to one of these places

Just remember to bring plenty of singles with you ;)

9. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    High bacteria = more microrganisms = more small fish = more big fish = sharks.

i think that is the most fun i will ever have with a mathematical equation. it involves large predatory fish [face_devil] :D

10. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Thanks all! Essence is my alter ego, so you can either call me Essence, or I shall now reveal my real name...Kerri. See, Carrie, looks like you may have yourself a fan stalker...I have my eye on those gorgeous Jedi Robes of yours ;)

Everyone thinking back to Rocky Point, huh? It was a good place. Now the little ones only know of Six Flags.

I saw all the shark warnings on Tv for little Rhodey. Well, the beaches here just a few cities over in MA are no better. Looks like my summer will be spent chasing Lizzie Borden's ghost.

Anyway, yeah, I would be up for meets and all that. Once I get to know you all. And we will see if you scare me away. Or I scare you away first. :)

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    thanks, kerri :) i'm glad you like them :)

12. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    In the immortal words of L. L. Cool J, "I' m going back to Cali, Cali, Cali."

Behave while I am away. And pray for me that I do not get arrested in my quest for the Ranch. [face_mischief]

13. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Whoohoo, I love how people drive here.

:p

14. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    was it l.l. cool j? i thought it was notorious b.i.g. who said i'm going back to cali ... i seem to think that cause he had such a distinctive way of saying the letter B. hahahaha pick pick pick! such is the way of the carrie :p have mucho grande fun in california, ed, and don't forget to take lots of pictrues of the ranch! :p

haha james get used to it. mass drivers are worse :p *hides*

15. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    mass drivers are worse

No! Mass drivers are fine.Its everyone else in the world that needs to learn 8-}

They have driving in Mass.Very fast...Very Dangerous

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Um, dear God. I was almost hit on my bike 3 times in 20 minutes. [face_plain]

17. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i hope i wasn't one of those people :eek: :p actually i haven't been out on the road today.

i have come to the conclusion that, x-men aside, the letter x is pointless.

PS roy, i don't wanna hear it! you and your windshield wipers hahahaha :p j/k

18. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    i have come to the conclusion that, x-men aside, the letter x is pointless.

LOL, and your point is

:p j/k

:D

John

19. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    You guys get sharks? cool. We just get Mountain Lions and um, no humidity. :D

20. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    No, no...I am from Mass and Mass drivers suck. I also work in Auto Insurance and I have the evidence to prove it!

21. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    What about Xerox? Xenophobia? X-ray? Sex? ;)

22. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    No, no...I am from Mass and Mass drivers suck. I also work in Auto Insurance and I have the evidence to prove it!

Nah, we are just angry drivers. We have mad skillz, it's just easy to make us seek our wrath on others.

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    What about Xerox? Xenophobia? X-ray? Sex?

while these words may look cool, you could spell them using other, already-established letters. for example:

xerox would become zeroks
    xenophobia would become zeenophobia
    sex would become seks
    x-ray would become ..... oh all right, that one can stay. that would be silly to put eks-ray

don't get me wrong, the letter x in all its infinite glory is very cool, but it can easily be replaced by either z or ks. it has no original sound of its own. it is a wannabe letter.

24. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    what about xebra and xero?

25. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    xero is some long lost comic book i still have an articl on. xebra...that's just something you made up, sir!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.