main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

R'bolt's AOTC Preview Cards

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Restrainingbolt, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    iwjev wrote: "do you really think that ob1 and mace are more powerfull then yoda??? Also why did you name ob1 ben???"

Well that's why we wrote the text to make him power plus 3 with a lightsaber. I'd like to get a high resolution pic of Yoda with a lightsaber. I would think that particular version of Yoda could be set up to be more powerful. Thoughts? Seems to me the pic of Yoda on Coruscant is more of the Yoda we've grown to know, not "the warrior" we see later in the movie. He is also immune to attrition where the other jedi are not. Addressing the suggestions about force lightning need to be incorporated as well. Any other input on text relating to that?

Alway's did like the term "Ben" personally. Could easily be changed to Obi-Wan.

Restrainingbolt

2. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Restrainingbolt wrote ?Well that's why we wrote the text to make him power plus 3 with a lightsaber.
    ?

Well mace +2 and ob1 +2 is still stronger then yoda +3.

I am glad you are considering to make some podracer cards. Some of the cards that I would like to see are: objectives, more light side podracers, light side pit droid/crew, new dark side epic event, and new light and dark events and interupts.

Name: Gambling
    Destiny: 3
    Interrupt
    Game Text: If you win podrace you get +2 ??, if you loss podrace you get ?2 ??.

I am still learning how to play a podrace and I do not know what you get when you win or loss a podrace which is why I have the double question marks in the game text. (Would this card be an interrupt or event?)

Name: Engine Upgrade
    Destiny: 5
    Effect
    Game Text: Deploy on table for 4 force. Adds 1 to you race destiny. You can only have 1 engine upgrade per podracer. Remove Engine Upgrade when podracer get removed.

In a podracer deck you want high destiny so this card should have a high destiny and therefor have a high force cost. You could also make other upgrade cards. One might give you protection from the Hit Racer or the Podracer Collision cards.

I am still learning how to play CCG so feel free to change any part of the cards including the cost and destiny.

John

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If you want to boost podracing, there should be cards that double as something useful in most decks AND boost the usefulness of generic podracers.

4. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    For those interested, I've posted a lightside weapons template to my site.

http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum6.html

In addition, I should have 3 additional cards posted tommorrow.

Republic Gunship (Combat Vehicle)
    Republic Walker (Combat Vehicle)
    Gun Pod Laser Cannon (Vehicle Weapon)

R'Bolt

5. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    The remainder of the Star Wars CCG and LOTR's_Star Wars combination templates have been posted. These include effect, interrupt, light and darkside objectives. They are 100 dpi and approximately 4.5" x 6.2" for the most part. They can be resized in photoshop and I believe increasing resolution should be effective for those who would like higher resolutioin versions.

Restrainingbolt

6. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    With respect to the Yoda discussion, I wouldn't want to see him have more POWER than Mace or Obi-Wan. Yoda is more defensive minded. That's why I suggested boosting his defense value instead of his power when armed with a lightsaber. To show off his lightsaber skills...

*Yoda's Lightsaber
    May deploy on Yoda for 3 force (free if Yoda is alone or if a Dark Jedi is present). Adds 2 to force drain here when Yoda is alone. You may not initate battles here unless Yoda is alone at start of battle. Once per battle, may target a character, creature or vehicle for free. Draw 2 destiny. If total destiny + 2 > defense value, target is lost.

A new version for Yoda, representing him in battle with Tyrannus:

*Yoda, Master of the Force
    Deploys only to Geonosis or to same site as Tyrannus. Adds one battle destiny (2 if alone) which may not be canceled or replaced. When armed with a lightsaber, may use 1 force to cancel a weapon destiny draw. May not carry any weapon that is not a lightsaber. Immune to attrition and Force Lightning.

Oh, and by the way, Tyrannus would NOT be a Republic character....

7. iwjev

Mar 18, 2002
    If you want to stay like Decipher you will want to make a bunch of different expansions. Here are a few ideas that I had for 3 different expansions.

Bounty Hunters ? This one will feature the assassinations and the different Bounty Hunters. By nature it will be a heavily Dark Side expansion.
    Padawan ? This one will follow Anakin and the other Padawan. It will also focuse on the Love story between Anakin and Padme. By nature it will be a heavily Light Side expansion.
    Cloning ? This expansion will follow OB1 in his search and the final Arena battle.

Here are a few on the cards that you can put into the Bounty Hunters expansion:
    1. Jango Fett - character
    2. Jango Fett with Dual Blaster Pistols ? character w/ weapon
    3. Jango?s Flame Projector - weapon
    4. Jango?s Rocket Pack - weapon
    5. Jango?s Westar-34 blaster - weapon
    6. Young Boba Fett - character
    7. Slave 1 - starship
    8. Slave 1?s Hidden Missle - weapon
    9. Slave 1 (blasters) - weapon
    10. Slave 1 sonic mines - weapon
    11. Zam Wessel - character
    12. Zam?s Macrobinoculars - device
    13. Zam?s KYD-21 Blaster. - weapon
    14. Zam?s Airspeeder ? vehicle
    15. Aurra Sing - character
    16. Captain Typho - character
    17. Padme in fighter suite - character
    18. Elan Sleazebaggano - character
    19. Palpatine - Supreme Chancellor - character
    20. R2-D2 - Astromech Droid - droid
    21. ASN-121 Assassin
    22. Anakin?s Airspeeder - vehicle
    23. Naboo Fighter ? starship
    24. Naboo Royal Starship ? starship
    25. Aiwha - creature
    26. (the centipede like creatures sent to kill Padme)
    27. I can sense everything in that room ? event/interrupt
    28. Kamino
    29. Kamino: Tipoca City:
    30. Kamino: Landing Platform #1
    31. Kamino: Landing Platform #2
    32. Kamino: Jango?s Appartment
    33. Coruscant: The Outlander Club
    34. Coruscant: Padme's Apartment
    35. Coruscant: Landing Platform
    36. Coruscant: Streets

I will be back in a few to give card ideas for the Padawan and Cloning expansion and more events and interrupts for the Bounty Hunters expansion. Let me know what you think about my ideas so far.

I am working on a Podracer expansion and I was wondering if I could get a little help from you. What I really need is more stuff in your templates section. Some things I need if a plain character card with different power/ability/other section sizes. I also need all the different icons that you find on the side and top left of the character cards.

Thanks
    John

8. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    A lot of cool card suggestions there iwjev. Gosh... looks like I'm going to need to get paid ;) to do all those. You just reminded me that I need to work up some locations templates as well.

I think the assassination objective in 2ndQuest's thread might serve the purposes for a number of the cards you've listed. I need to reread those posts. I've also got a good number of those cards planned, but trying to find images worth using isn't easy, I'm afraid.

R'Bolt

9. iwjev

Mar 18, 2002
    R'Bolt "I've also got a good number of those cards planned, but trying to find images worth using isn't easy, I'm afraid."

Since I have started to work on a Podracer Expansion I know how you feel about the images.

John

10. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Podracing screen captures shouldn't be too bad if you happen to have the Episode One DVD and a computer that plays DVD's. You could take screen captures of scenes in the movie. Another possibility is to download the trailers at theforce.net's trailer section and use those as a source of image material.

Restrainingbolt

11. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Hi,
    For those following this thread, I've posted 3 new lightside cards to my site.

Anakin's Lightsaber
    Republic Cruiser (Accumulator Class)
    Clonetrooper

With respect to the Republic cruiser you might be interested in checking the before__after page to see how the image was put together. :)

http://homepage.mac.com/dark182nd/PhotoAlbum4.html

As always comments welcome especially relating to game text.

thanks,
    Restrainingbolt

12. iwjev

Mar 18, 2002
    Restrainingbolt is that the right pic for anakins lightsaber? It looks like yodas... but I am sure you know better then me.

13. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm pretty sure it's the correct lightsaber. I found a pic of it on theforce.net and modified it for the card. Check out the image processed page on my site to see the before and after pics.

homepage.mac.com

R'Bolt

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks pretty good. One thing I'd suggest though- and I've noticed you've done this before a couple times- in Anakin's LIghtsaber you say "deploys for 1 force only on Anakin Skywalker". The "only" part reeally isn't nessasary because if you said "Deploys for 1 force on Anakin Skywalker" , it gives the same type of restriction since it doesn't provide any other alternatives to deploy it to. Anyways, I'd also suggest rewording it to "Use 1 force to deploy on Anakin Skywalker." since that's closer to your standard weapon card deploy text phrasing.

Other than that minor detail, they look great::)

15. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks 2ndQuest. I really appreciate your input. :) You've made so many of the cards that much better with game text that is more meaningful and true to the game.

R'Bolt

16. iwjev

Mar 18, 2002
    A cool addition to the anakin card might be 'Can use 2 light sabers if at the same location as Dooku'.

John

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> A cool addition to the anakin card might be 'Can use 2 light sabers if at the same location as Dooku'.<<

We have a card in mind that both allows lightsabers to remain at a site after the character holding them has been lost (so that they can be picked up by another later on) AND allow characters to use two sabers (except for maul's double). SOmeone suggested it as "Dual Duel" but I think we might include it as part of a planned series of lightsaber combat-style cards (Type I, Type II, etc through VII).

And RB- glad to be of service::)

18. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Hi all,
    Just posted a number of new card images you might be interested in checking out. I'm not happy with the pic of Zam's Projectile Rifle and will be seriously hunting for another one. Anyone know where to find a better picture? They had some potentially great shots in the movie ...regretably I don't have a copy of that yet!

Zam Wessel's Blaster
    Zam Wessel's Projectile Rifle
    Seismic Charge
    Force Lightning
    Dooku's Solar Sailor

Episode 2 CCG Card Images

R'Bolt

19. Sithlord119

Sithlord119 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    Checked out the cards and I have a few things to say on the Solar Sailor. Ok first Dooku/Tyranus are the same guy end of story so the perona rule comes into effect so by putting Dooku the game text is also in effect when Tyranus is abaord. Dooku has a droid pilot named FA-4 and the thing is really really small two passengers seems alot for a small ship I think 1 is enough I may be wrong but still. Anyway here are 2 possible revisions. Two beacuse I do not know if you want to be able to draw 2 battle destiny beacuse currently you cannot.

?Dooku's Solar Sailor
    Game text: May add 1 passenger. Permanent pilot is FA-4 who adds 2 to power and draws one battle destiny. While Dooku aboard immune to attrition and adds 1 battle destiny.

?Dooku's Solar Sailor
    Game text: May add 1 passenger. Permanent pilot is FA-4 who adds 2 to power and draws one battle destiny if unable to otherwise. While Dooku aboard immune to attrition.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    On the Drop Ship, change the "Combat Vehicle: Transport" to "Combat Vehicle: LAAT/c"

I'd reword Zam's rifle to:

Use 1 force to deploy on Zam. May target a character or creature at same or adjacent site (or up to 2 sites away if Zam's Macrobinoculars here) for 1 force. Draw destiny. Target hit if destiny+1 > defense value. May fire during your control phase.

It's missing the "Character Weapon" field also.

At first, I thought the "fire during control phase" text was weird, since they'd be hit, but would stick around until the end of a battle there (since that is when 'hit' characters are forfeited), but then I realized that works incredibly well with the assassination objective (where characters w/an assassination contract on the, who are hit, are placed out if play), so whether or not that was your intention- good job!::)

Seismic Charge-

Also missing the "Starship Weapon" field. It's also missing the targeting condition, so I'd reword it...

Deploys for free to your starship piloted by a bounty hunter. May target opponent's starship present. Both players draw destiny. Target hit if your destiny+2+X > opponent's destiny+target's power and manuever (if totals equal, target's power=0). X=Your ship's power+manuever.

21. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Made the changes and new versions have been posted. Great suggestions. I wasn't sure what would be best with the Solar Sailor, however. Given modifying the game text to include a +2 power bonus to FA 4, I thought adding a second destiny would overpower the card. I did like the idea of making Dooku add an extra destiny, however, but with a power 8 ship to begin with, the extra destiny may be a bit much. Any additional thoughts on this?

I also made changes to a couple of Starship weapons to make them read just that. I just realized that I had "Vehicle Weapon" on both Slave 1's blasters and the Concussion missiles, where they should have read "Starship Weapons".

Thanks for the input!

Restrainingbolt

22. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Posted 4 new cards to my page. I thought I'd have a bit of fun with R2. Always thought he should be able to play a more direct and active role. :)

R2-D2, Versatile Droid
    Universal Repair Claw
    R2's Laser Field Sensors

Also posted

Federation Droid Control Ship

Let me know what you all think!

Episode Two Cards

Restrainingbolt

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think the image you have is of his repair claw...I could be wrong but that's his scomp-link "plug" or whatevcer...he uses his repair claw to attach 3PO's head back on- you should be able to get a good grab from the R2-D2 tv comemercial.

Also, for his laser field sensors, you might be able to get a better image in the "Breathing" teaser trailer (assuming you mean the blue "room guard" laser grid he uses in amidala's room).

I'm gonna look into the control ship info..i think that part is called a Core Ship, but I'm not sure if that is the official designation or not. I also think we should work in landing and taking off gametext...eliminate the hyperspeed (we can create an effect later that simulates the core ship re-attaching to the docking-rings of the ship and giving it hyperspeed that way). I'll post some gametext drafts tommorow.

Also, you have "heilfire droid" instead of "hailfire droid"

Dooku's sailor looks pretty good...I'd recommend upping the destiny to 5 (maul's ship was a 6).

24. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    With respect to the repair claw... the R2 TV commercial shows that particular shot of R2's claw right after the "Repair Claw" title introduction. It's actually called an "All Purpose Repair Claw" in the spot. I thought Universal would be a bit shorter card title. I'm a bit confused by what they mean by the term "All Purpose"? It seems to imply that he may possibly use that "same claw" for a number of different uses. I've got another pic of him repairing C-3PO on my cards in process page. Perhaps that pic might work better, but I"m not sure if that claw is the correct one. He seems to have so many gadgets held up inside of that metal body of his! ;) I was actually considering making some additional device cards to give R2 additional capabilities (might be the LOTR's influence but I could see him with a number of devices on him that make him a droid to be reckoned with). That suction cup he uses to pull R2's head off would be neat, but I don't have a pic of it.

What do you think about renaming the card to:

"All Purpose Claw," or potentially
    "Communications Claw."

The possibility of developing a separate device for a "Repair Claw" using the pic with C-3PO might be an option.

[Edit Update: I've changed the name to Communications Claw, and have added a potential card "Repair Claw" to my Cards in Process page. Let me know what you think.]

With respect to the Laser field sensors, the TV spot uses Amidala's room as the sequence after the title introduction. I'll wait to see what you post later today before making alterations to some of the cards. Theforce.net had the label Federation Droid Control ship under a picture very similar to the one I've used.

I will tell you getting good pics is now starting to become a real problem. I've about used up the ones that really turn me on.

BTW, I've made the correction to the Droid Control ship and up'ed the destiny on Dooku's ship to 6.

Restrainingbolt

25. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Further update on "my astromech's" capabilities. I've modified or added the following cards to my page. (Hey I'm having fun with it, hope you all don't think it's "too" silly). :)

R2-D2, Versatile Droid
    Communications Claw
    Repair Claw
    R2-D2's Rocket Boosters
    R2's Laser Field Scanners.

Episode 2 Preview Cards

Just curious from a gaming perspective if R2 is able to carry unlimited devices, or whether or not there is a limit? Also curious about his ability to use more than one device per turn.

R'Bolt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.