main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

R'bolt's AOTC Preview Cards

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Restrainingbolt, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Right, with Malastare Podracing, it's "very fast" (hence the smaller race total needed to win) "and very dangerous" (the added search feature would be deadly), but to balance that out, i reduced the retrieval and damage as to not invalidate the Boonta Eve (which is still the most prestigous/highest winning payout).

The reason I didn't make a podrace arena for Malastare was that, simply, we don't have any images of Malastare to use, shy of the comics and video games. Also, I wanted it to be possible (but tricky) to run both podraces at the same time or at least during the same game- having one less card to deploy makes that possibility easier.

2. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    This will probably be the first a number of updates today. I just had to get these up. They are definately some of the better images and some of my favorite cards to date. I think you're going to like'em!:)

Posted to Geonosis
    ? Master Yoda
    Geonosis

Posted to Episode 2 Enhanced_Premium
    ? Yoda with Lightsaber
    ? Obi-Wan Kenobi with Lightsaber
    E2 Enhanced_Premium

Hopefully we'll continue to locate images with this level of resolution. I hope to be able to update the original Yoda with Lightsaber pic with a higher resolution one at some point.

R'Bolt

3. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Posted the following to Kamino. Kamino

Queen Jamillia
    Cliegg Lars
    Beru Whiteson

What can I tell you I used to play a Harvest deck and love the concept of Moisture Vaporators and Hydoponic Stations (especially with a little used Moisture Farmer Ardon "Vaper" Crell from Jabba's Palace).

I should be posting a couple additional cards a bit later today (Difference Between Knowledge... and I Will Not Give Into This).

R'bolt

4. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Posted the following updates to the site this morning:

New pic on "I'm A Jedi." (HOTR) Let me know if this pic works for you, 2ndQuest. Heart of the Republic
    Potential New Location. Kamino: Nursery (E2 Locations page) E2 Locations Page

R'Bolt

5. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Posted 3 weapon cards to the Cards in Process page for those who care to check them out.

Dooku's Saber
    Jango's Duel Blasters
    Zam's Blaster Pistor (Alternate Image)

Cards In Process

R'Bolt

6. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Posted the correction to "Joined The Darkside, Dooku Has" to Kamino. If interested check out the new icon for the Kamino expansion at the same time! Personally I think it looks pretty neat!:)

Kamino

R'bolt

7. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    R'bolt, I'm getting errors when I try to look at individual cards. The error is...

Error: 'WidthMargin' is undefined

Then I get

Error: 'ContentWidth' is undefined

then

Error: 'ContentHeight' is undefined

then

Error: Object Expected'

Is there anything that need to be done to my computer that will let me see the cards?

8. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Humm... is that with the slide show or when the pages with the pics load? I'd also be curious to know if it happens with all the pages or just with HOTR? Heart of the Republic is the one with the most pictures and might start to become a problem with load times although with AOL (for me at least) the pages load pretty quickly. Definately takes longer in Explorer or Netscape.

If you're using Netscape, you might want to try using Explorer (or visa versa). The obvious, but just in case you haven't, try restarting you computer. I'd be nervous about telling you to throw away your browser preference file because it might also jettison your bookmarks etc.

Perhaps someone else might know what to recommend. You might want to try posting the problem in the other thread if the problem continues. I don't know how many actually follow this thread

R'Bolt

9. Castin_Lah

Castin_Lah Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Dude, these cards are incredible!!!!

Thanks for doing this and keep up the good work!

10. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks for the kind words. The images_cards are a result of a lot of different input. Keep checking back to see what we continue to come up with! :)

R'Bolt

11. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    BPJ, wonding if you ever got that problem solved with your computer?

R'Bolt

12. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Not as yet. I tried to load the pics on another computer, but I got neither messages notr pictures. I might try to change my monitor's resolution.

It's a shame, cos I'm dying to see the cards!

13. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Clarify for me if you're having trouble seeing "any" of the pages, or just the ones with lots of cards on them? For example, can you load the site map on the new site?

Site Map Site Map

R'Bolt

14. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I can see all the pages, just not the cards themselves. So the thumbnails aren't a prob, just the new window that opens when you want to see the full view.

15. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Sounds like just the slide show isn't working for you. I'm wondering if the slide show window pops up when you hit one of the card thumbnails? I do believe you need to have Java script (or possibly scripting) enabled in your browser in order for that feature to work. I know how to turn that on in the aol browser, but would not be sure about it in netscape or explorer. Perhaps a reinstall of the browser software might correct the problem, but again you may lose all you bookmarks if you go that route.

Somewhat strange that it worked before and all of a sudden it isn't working anymore. Did you change anything on your system, reinstall software, or something you can recall that may have caused it to stop working?

Potentially I can do is get a spoiler sheet together with lore, gametext and the like. That might take a little time to get together, however. I know we'd hate to lose you input on the cards. You've been very helpful.

R'Bolt

16. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    I do have Java on my PC so I'll check out what I can do. I can't think of anythiong that was changed on the compuiter, but UI'll have a look.

17. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

I can see the images on the slide shopw again

:D :D :D :D :D

18. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Neat... glad you got it working again.
    :)

R'Bolt

19. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Posted "Plans To The Ultimate Weapon" and "Poggle's Box" to Geonosis. Geonosis Should have some additional images posted later this evening.

R'Bolt

20. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
  21. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
  22. BigPoppaJabba

Jun 4, 2001
    Great work R'Bolt!

23. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks BPJ. :) I just through updating all the cards on Kamino with the new icons, minor text changes, font standardization etc. I may try to get the Geonosis images done later today.

Kamino

R'Bolt

24. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    R'bolt,

Great cards again! Not to nitpick, but you misspelled "Sidious" on the Plans to the Ultimate Weapon card. Just as an FYI. ;)

25. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks for the info on Sidious. I'm happy to get input on that or any other issues (input) that would make the cards better. The corrected card has been posted to Geonosis.

:)

R'Bolt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.