main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA RE: November/December Agenda and Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    EDIT: Hope u don't mind me doing this so we can keep the thread.
    I know we haven't even had the October Halloween party, but as the Holidays approach we will have less and less time to put into the club.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ||||||Novemeber & December Agenda||||||
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

red = November, Blue = December

I. ROAD TRIP: IMAX
    • 2 & 3 - AOTC at IMAX. Overnight trip, meet time and destination to be announced. See thread for more details

II. DVD Party
    • 16th - DVD premire party for AOTC. The Jedi 1966s' house. First showing at 11 AM. The monthly meeting will also be here at 2 PM.

III. Elves, Orcs and Wizards; oh my!
    • 18th - Release of Two Towers. Meet time TBA.

IV. X-Mas, Life Day, whatever you call it?
    • Since we can't come together on a good meeting day for December it might be a good idea to exchange yor gifts at the TTT's event. More discussion is needed, but we have plenty of time.

V. Miscellaneous
    • If something is missing or you think it needs to be addressed let me know.

Hey, Rox, we already discussed the exchange of gifts for Lifeday to be at the January meeting/dance formal.

2. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Stupid Loew's. I am going to go down there and force-grip them to the wall until they tell me when the premiere is and how much tickets are!

GRR!!!!!

(in other words, no new info. I'm starting a game- it's called 'annoy loew's'. Their number is 412-462-6923. Knock yourselves out. I've been calling them weekly.)

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Forget not what I have told you. Patience you must have.

4. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Yes, Patience I have. However, Loew's is trying it very hard.

5. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    They were the same for me, regarding AOTC. I called once a day about three weeks before the premiere then twice a day two weeks before then multiple times the week prior. All to no avail.
    When I finally gave up on them and purchased online for Destinta, they turned around and started selling them. I was so P.O.'d I really wanted to see it at Loews.
    You'd think they would have learned there lesson by now with other blockbusters that have come out since then.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What do you guys think of this for a logo?

[image=http://www.vlattimo.com/icon.jpg]

7. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    I like the yellow & black, but what is the checkerboard blue & white for?

8. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Heres another little event:

On saturday, Nov. 23rd, I'm having a get together for my b-day at Damons at the Waterfront. Dont worry about cards or gifts, justshowing up will make me happy.

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    ^_^ What time, BDP? I want to put a reservation down for you.. & tell me how many. :p

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Figure out the time and stuff so I can reserve the night off if I need to so I can make it.

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    If anyone is still looking to go to a Pitt game as another event, there are tickets available for the Pitt vs. West Virginia game (the Backyard Brawl) on Saturday, November 30th for $14.25 each. If someone has a smart a$$ remark about this then I will force choke you from here.

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Actual question, why would anyone have a remark to make about going to the Pitt game. Granted, I have zero interest in just about any sporting event, so maybe there is some vague sport reference I should be getting to understand why Fluke would be concerned about smartmouth comments about going . . . ?[face_plain]

Anyway, I have an actual agenda thing . . .

I want a Pittsburgh Fanforce logo to go under my name! Other Fanforces have them. And I like the Black and gold one that Rox posted a few comments up. Could we make that our logo? How do I get that put under my name????

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Just in case some Stiller or Penn State fans feel the need to say something bad about Pitt, DON'T, especially since Pitt has a better record then both of them.

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    You think Pitt will break the top 25 this week?

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    They already did! They are number 22 and 23 in each poll, although they SHOULD be higher but the good ole boys voting network likes to keep the same teams in there week after week.

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, I'll say. They look better than Penn State, and I'm a fan of PSU. I'm maybe just a little bias though since I work for PITT.

BTW the Steelers do look good and are getting better with each game, IMHO.

Okay back on topic. Are we to conclude that the EPII DVD party at Tony's is the meeting for November?

17. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

In the spirit of shirking responsiblities and biological imperatives tonight (such as doing work and sleeping) I decided I'd throw in my 4/200 of a dollar on some stuff brought forth in this thread.

1) The DVD party could be a good time, and I may attend provided I can get off work. The idea of watching the DVD on a TV that doesn't have a quarter inch of digital "fuzz" at the top of the screen, or that buzzes constantly appeals to me quite a bit.

2) I must admit to not being totally in love with the proposed logo as it currently exists. I'll offer up what I believe to be some constructive criticisms:

a) The use of black and yellow makes sense (for obvious reasons), though, like Saberpilot noted, I'm not sure what the blue/white checkerboard is all about.

b) I can understand the use of the Rebel symbol for the logo, as it tends to be an easily recognizable symbol of Star Wars, in general. However, I'm of the opinion that the Imperial symbol would be just as recognizable, if not more so, for other individuals.

Also, bearing in mind that different members of the group seem to associate themselves with each of the two different sides, it seems like it would be most fair to incorporate both symbols. (For the record, I'm a man of the dark side. Nothing else quite like a Death Star.)

So, anyway, maybe you could have the left half be the black Imperial symbol, and the right half be a yellow Rebel symbol, meshed together in the middle to form a single hybrid.

Or have the left side be the black Imperial symbol with the start of the yellow stripe, and then the right side be the Rebel symbol, and have it finish off the yellow stripe, and then go back to black.

(This would be significantly easier if I could just doodle on the screen to show you what I mean, but I'd ruin my monitor, and only I would be able to see it.

In lieu of this, I fabricated a rather half-assed picture to give an idea of what the heck I was describing. I've read over my descriptions twice and can't produce a decent mental picture of what I actually meant.

Here's my visual aide:
    [image=http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ben_ethus/images/symbols2.jpg]

As I am no artist, I apologize for the low "cut/paste" quality of art. I'm more a writer/director type guy. Moving on...)

3) Don't go knocking Pitt. I don't follow football, but they're my alma mater, and you got to have a little pride about *something* in life.

I guess that's about it for now. Use my information as you see fit.

Lovin' 4-story tall bendy clones,
    Yours Truly

18. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    ^_^
    I hope to be able to attend the party- that depends mostly on transport.
    Pitt is awesome. BTW, I've been accepted there, for those of you who haven't heard yet.
    Question: Are we redrawing for the Christmas presents?

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yes we are supposed to be redrawing but I do not want to give back my pic as I already have the gift.

20. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    What's the address for the November meeting / DVD get-together?

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Brendon PM Tony (Jedi_1966). It's at his place.

Addendum to Nov Meeting:

1) Vote on "Official" Logo for club.

2) If voted yes on, then pick a new Secret Santa.

22. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I like the half and half design. Have to think though about the colors, but definitely like the idea of the half reb symbol merged with half imp symbol. Good idea.

23. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I found out today I got Saturday completely off, so, as of now, I'm going to plan on heading on out to the DVD-party/meeting thing. I'll eventually need to score directions, but I'm sure that won't be an issue, and I can always get them later.

Also, I'm going to fire up my illicitly-gained version of Photoshop 7 in a little bit to draft up a better version of my logo idea. I'll post it up in the other "official" thread when I finish it up.

Thanky for the compliment, greencat. Every once in a while, something of worth comes dripping out of the festering miasma that is my imagination. ;)

That's all I got.

Till next time, same Ben time, same Ben channel,
    Yours Truly

24. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Okay, SW dudes/dudettes.

Yours truly has a thing about Loew's. In fact, yours truly wants to find the little man in charge of Loew's and ask him why he can't give out information about a month in advance!!!

*grumbles*

Anyways, I went down and talked to the lovely people at our favorite cineplex, and asked them about the premiere of the LOTR: TTT. I told them that I had been told to stop in the first week of November. Guess what I got:

"Oh, I'm sorry. We said we'd have information for Harry Potter. Information about the TTT doesn't come out until the beginning of December. Try back then."

It's a good thing I know Jedi Calming techniques, because these guys specifically told me to come back the first week of november.

Anyways, the search for information about the premiere for TTT will continue. I just wanted to give you all a bit about my progress..

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The Loews mgmt can be real pain in the BURROs. I got so much of a run around for EPii that I went to Destinta in Bridgeville instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.