main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: Thrawn Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Casta, Jul 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Hey! There's an idea! We could have eyebrow raising 101! :D

Need more clips? Not a problem! *picks up phone and dials number*

"Hello, Imperial weapons warehouse? I need 500 crates of your best blaster power cells! ASAP! The reason? Well, we need to kill Noghri! In the next hour you say? Ok thanks!"

Good news! They will be here soon! :D

Oh yeah, Casta, if you haven't read Charlemanges story Thrawn is Alive you really need too. BTW, his wife in that story was human and he has a half Chiss/human daughter. Kinda cool. :)

2. Casta

Casta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2000
    *raises an eye-brow*, and who is the lucky maid that conceived the beauteous daughter?

3. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'm afraid that's classified information Casta.

Delta Source and all...

-Charlemagne

4. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    How about this, Charlemagne: I tell you the so-called classified document of reasons why Thrawn should....*dub in the post you have seen on Thrawn vs. Isard thread", and you tell me who slept with Thrawn.

5. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Okay Okay...

Well in my story I was working with this model of Thrawn's previous romances...

<ditching the idea of a loveless marriage to some chiss woman>

Basically the plotline follows that Thrawn found his as yet un-named wife on a world being attacked by the Threat...one of the many refugees the then Colonel was having to deal with.

I imagine it was a rather love at first sight cliche as the war torn fellow was overwhelmed by the symetry and gentle aura of the woman. Compassion and vibrancy were traits uncommon in the race...or at least suppressed and he sought them out dearly.

Blah Blah Chiss condemn a human/Chiss union and look down on their half-breed daughter as Thrawn buries his wife of old age outliving her.

All in all quite the moving tale

6. Darth Curene

Darth Curene Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2000
    Thrawn Rules!!!

7. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Are you telling me Thrawn is practicing polygamy? Or it meant something else? If the Chiss actually damns the daughter, then Thrawn wouldn't have dared to marry with a human. My guess is either a daughter out of wed-lock or a daughter before he was married. Why everyone wants Thrawn to a daughter?

Now reasons why Thrawn should.....*dropping the bombshell* marry Isard:

1)They are two of the sexiest Imperial ever.

2)Isard is ruthless, Thrawn is ruthless. What a perfect match.

3) Now here goes the serious point: Thrawn is excellent at psychological warfare, but he came in short of political-dealing, which is the fort of Isard. She maneuvers people and stirs dissent among her enemies. Imagine two of them ruling the Empire together--without killing each other.

4)Isard has been working with Thrawn all along. First, Madame Director skirmished with NR. Seemed that she's stupid, but what she was doing was a cover-up for Thrawn's return. Then Thrawn had Isard capturing Fel for him....

More to come........

8. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    And talking about love at first sight cliche...No, love at first sight is not a cliche. It seems to be a cliche because it is written in cliches. I have better ideas than just two of locking eyes across a dim-lit room and smiling archly at each other.....I'll tell you later.

9. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    So, Thrawn's hearthrob is still unamed? If vibrancy and pulchritudinous radiance are elements that you are looking for in Mrs. Thrawn, I have one and only one name in mind: Paeonia. Have you ever heard the story of how Paeonia was turned into pink peony by the Greek gods? Because she was so vibrant. The pink hue of peony refelcts her vibrance, as well as evokes dazzling, sensual feminity. Now, is that good enough?

10. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Well Casta as you know in my fanfic I'm getting fairly heavily into Thrawn's background (The Outbound flight prodject, Soonitor Fel, his time with the Emperor etc) and I want to make sure I hit the nail right on the head with his wife and family.

Therefore I have two options

1:) Thrawn was married to a Chiss woman arranged for him but never considered the marriage valid (nor did I imagine she) and married his true love after this marriage which he considers his real wife and family.

(This is actually a common southern story arc that I have a particular fondness for)

2:) Thrawn was not married when he met and fell in love with his human love.

Thank you for the comments (your love at first sight comment is quite true) and I love the name...I'll use it if you don't mind.

11. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm most honored. Now, it's better if Thrawn had a daughter when he was a bachelor.

12. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm ruining every single chance of Tam and Thrawn getting together.

13. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    *sticks her tongue out at Casta and gives her the raspberries* PpPpppffffttttt!

Meanie! ;)

With all due honesty though, Thrawn seems to be the type of person that I could *never* have if he truely existed. I can only see us being very close friends. Someone I could trust deeply and vice versa. Honestly, I don't think he's the 'pimpin' type to tackle every female who came running at him. I would imagine he would be quite selective in who he chooses to spend his private time with. Myself, I would feel too stupid half the time when compared to his intelligence and that I could never be what he wants.

So there. My confession. That doensn't mean I still can't have a crush on the man though!

14. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Myself still have the edge of mathematics, but Thrawn wouldn't bother. Tam, aren't you an ILLUSTRATOR? Artist, as I might put it. You can always hone your various artistic skills....;-)

15. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Yes, but art only goes so far. Sure having long discussions about it would be riviting and enchanting, but that can't be a basis for falling in love with a person. Oh heck, I'm talking like the guy exists now. I'll stop there before I start making an utter fool of myself.

16. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Jedisabre77 has just labeled me a well-known love slave of Thrawn yesterday......this is the worst things can get.....

17. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    Everyone else in this club seemed to have been captured by Isard and dispatched to the Unknown Regions...

18. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Well at least we will keep this thread alive! Even if we do nothing but profess our love for our darling white clad officer.

NEW POLL QUESTION!

What is the best Thrawn fic you have read so far?

I actually have two: the first is more a humorous tale called Dirt by C. Winters over at Chisslife, and the second would be the add on story Charlemange started. Both authors write Thrawn incredible well, and the story lines are well thought out. Winters has other stories at CL too. Charlemange, you just keep rocking with that story. Everytime I read a new post, I'm left speechless because of a new twist in the plot.

In my book both authors deserve A+.
    (Actually all the authors who contribute in the Thrawn is Alive story deserve an A+, they do a phanomenal job!

19. Dark Jedi Tam

May 12, 2000
    Up!! Blasphomy for this falling to 8th page!!

20. Charlemagne

May 15, 1999
    Yes I'm very proud of the Official Thrawn is alive fanfiction.

Basically I saw it as more of an Archive of Thrawn fiction than the long running epic (213 posts so far) storyline that it's become.

Thanks to some handy dandy articles from Thrawn's casting call movie to the stories of how he got Soonitor Fel, when he outsmarted Palpatine, and when he destroyed the Outbound flight prodject I've managed to fufill that nicely.

I generally play Grand Admiral Thrawn as a intelligent highly lawful but generally tortured moralist whose amazing pragmatism often leads him to make decisions that haunt him for countless years. Very much the reluctant General but quite possibly the only one who acomplish any feat and he knows it.

It's fun also doing his other characters from Stent to Parck and ironically a character based on the Emperor's Hand from TIE fighter (not Marck Steel but they probably knew each other).

I like it and hope I can take it and Thrawn's "family" to the next level.

21. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    This thread...was on page EIGHT? *faints*

Sorry, my internet hyperdrive is out for a while. I'll be back later.

And BTW, does Thrawn wear anything else other than his posh grand admiral white uniform?

22. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I don't bother much with fan-fics. At least, I do not write one from scratch. I either make suggestions to fan-fics already written or I make some reviews.

23. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    This will be my 500th post, i.e. I'll be advancing to 3 shining stars. Since I'm much of an zealous Thrawn addict and a member of TLC (note, top imperial secret), I resolve to dedicate my first 3 star post to the Thrawn thread.

Again, Thrawniacs, thank you for your support and dedication to our dashing Grand Admiral. It has indeed been a fun time.

24. Casta

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm sketching the literary portrayal of Mrs. Thrawn as well as constructing tid bits of ideas for the whole love-at-first-sight scene. I'm definitely coming up with something effusively passionate (note, passionate, not erotic, so I'd like to keep it platonic), so passionate that the passion it self is powerful enough to fuel a rocket. Have you guys ever heard of how Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath fell in love with each other? That's the kind of idea I have in mind, but I will not opt for a facsimile of their encounter, largely because their heated love is much like an erupting volcano. For Thrawn and his hearthrob, I might come up with something....smoldering. And certainly, I'll be extremely sparing on kisses. My style is more like....a few fixed, yearning glances across a dark room when there are a lot of other, irrlevant characters around.

25. Shihan_Isshinryu

Shihan_Isshinryu Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2000
    I have thought about this topic many times......I feel it would be great if Thrawn would return in some form in the NJO books. By making an appearance it would easily make NJO the best selling Star Wars series in history. They have already set the stage for his return with the emergence of the Chiss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.