main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Reactions and Discussion: Batman Begins

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I can do the Friday show for Batman. :) Yeah getting the tickets ahead would be sweet :). A ride would be nice.. if you are in the area and if possible :) I could maybe catch a ride with ForceConduit since he's juz a hop and a skip away almost. [face_laugh]

Yay can't wait! :D Awesome jeepgirls30 about the certificates! That'd be great! Perhaps we can arrive early enough to check and see if they are there.

2. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    I'll try and find out if Mr. H and the others are going to be there next Friday evening. I usually see Mr.H there on weekend nights...I guess it's their busiest time with the greatest chance of trouble occuring?? Anyway, I thought it would be cool if there were several of us to give them the certificates...Glad to hear it sounds like a good idea.

3. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Yeah, Kynstar you can probasbly hitch a ride with me. I'll be home around 6:00pm on that Friday because our bank closes at that time. Other than that I can't wait!!! Kynstar, I'll call ya and let you know as soon as I can when I get home after work on Friday. Stay cool everybody!

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Sounds good :) I usually get home between 5 and 5:30 :) so that'll work. Thanks, hon! [:D]

5. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    okay so yall are going to the rave for the approx 7:00 show of batman on fri? i am trying to talk my hubby into going. how will i know any of you?

6. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey RedHandedJill. You'll know me by my Batman Shirt(Batman Forever Style)and An Evenstar Necklace. from LOTR. Or you could just call me. My cell is 416-5878. I'd be happy to get you aquainted with the gang. Later!!!

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be with ForceConduit as for batman shirt... [face_blush] Don't own a single one...sadly to say. Though I have been a Batman fan even before the movies. [face_laugh] I'll prob be wearing blue jeans...I'll wear a wolf/Indian Maiden choker so if that'll help any. But I'll be with Darren :)

8. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    i have found that the couple of shows before the date night show is easy to get tickets to. i cant get up there to get tickets before the show. so what showtime are we going to? i have red hair(usually it is blond) i will probably wear my justice league shirt. danny is tall dark handsome with a vandyke, josh is tall and towheaded and 14. i dont know yet if the other two are coming with us.

9. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    OK Since some folks don't get off work until around 6 or later...I thought we would try for the 8:00 instead of the 7:10...Does this work for everyone. I am home from my surgery...It was more complicated than originally expected...But, I am feeling sort of ok. Conduit and Kynstar...can I hitch a ride?? It's not too far to Jville from my humble abode and I don't have to worry about traffic...And I have other...complications that I will explain later...Let me know and I'll get our tickets. Thanks for all the wishes of good luck on my surgery yesterday. Later.

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    8 prob be good :) if you can get tickets ahead of time that'd be sweet. I'll pay ya back :)

I'll be heading over to ForceConduit's place around 630...if that is all right with him?

Glad you made it out of surgery ok. Complications? [face_thinking] I'll get with ya Fri on that then :( I hope things are ok though??

11. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    OK Red handed jill, we are going to go to the 8 pm showing of Batman. Conduit and Kynstar have already put what they'll be wearing. I'll have on a red shirt that says thank you george on the front and will probably be carrying a pillow with a blue pillowcase with sheep on it...That should make me hard to miss...I'm using it right now to put in my lap against my incision cause it's comfy that way...Looking forward to meeting you.

12. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    i will tell you tomorrow if all of us are going. 8 is a better time for us anyway.
    i had a laproscopy when i was in high school after my appendectomy. they gave me too much prep med and i was paralyzed in the bed. scared me silly. it gets better plus you have this cool scar.

13. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    OK I looked at the times wrong or something...Conduit, Kynstar and I have tickets for the 8:30 on in Auditorium 16, The 7:50 show was in Auditorium 18 which is one of the smaller ones, so I went for the bigger one...Is this ok?? Plus, I sent someone with my credit card to pick them up and thats what they brought back. Sorry for my mistake...It must be the Percocet. See everybody Friday!!

14. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    This movie kicked all kinds of ass

You guys will enjoy it!

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    A pity we couldn't see RotS after Batman...

See Revenge This Father's Day Weekend, Get a Free Poster! Remember Dad taking you to see your first Star Wars film? Well it's time to return the favor at your local theater this Father's Day weekend where fans who see Revenge of the Sith will receive a free "Who's Your Daddy?" poster featuring cinema's most notorious patriarch, Darth Vader.
    Available only this weekend, this exclusive 11 x 17-inch poster depicts the Dark Lord in an image recently used to promote Episode III on the international scene. This very limited poster will only be given to ticket holders who see Revenge of the Sith in a participating U.S. theater this Friday, Saturday or Sunday, June 17-19*, and will never be offered again. It's the only time this image will be used in a U.S. poster to promote the theatrical release of the film. Also, this is a chance to once again see the epic action of the Star Wars finale before it leaves the big screen.

Share the excitement of the very last Star Wars film with Dad this weekend, and take away this very cool exclusive poster as a keepsake. What better way to celebrate Father's Day than with the saga that belongs to all generations?

*While supplies last. Void where prohibited. Only at participating theaters. One poster per ticket purchased between 6/17 - 6/19.

Who's Your Daddy Poster

16. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Looking forward to seeing everyone at the 8:30 Batman. We'll try and be a little bit early so we can present the certificate...I'm hitching a ride with Conduit, so I'll see you and Kynstar around 6:30. If I get behind, I will call, shouldn't though. See you guys tonight. Later!!

17. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah I called and Rave has those posters, I will probably be there tonight, I will have on a black hard rock st. louis shirt

18. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    I'll be there as well, wearing a khaki hat with "1919" on it.

19. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, this has to be the best Batman movie I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong. Keaton, I thought, did a wonderful job as Bruce Wayne and the Bat, but Bale proves he is THE BAT! All I have to say is WOW, what a movie. It was a true joy to see Bruce Wayne's beginnings and life unfold into the caped crusader. I'll give this an A+.

Oh, and to all those who went to the Rave to see it.. I am envious. The Cabot Silverscreen is a serious mess on weekends. I shant do weekends there again. Teenagers running around in their seats, coming and going constantly, and even them using FIRE ESCAPES to leave the cinema was ridiculous. Where's the security in this joint? Oh well... the movie was worth it. ;)

20. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah I ended up going to the 7:50 at rave, but there were security officers at the entrance most of the film I believe, Im gonna go back tomorrow to see ROTS so I can get me one of those posters, they looked really good

21. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Elan

I must have just missed you

I went to see the 9 30 at cabot

the theater is very nice usually

but can be like one big daycare at times

tonight was really bad for some reason

Maybe because it was a friday and usually I go on Saturday

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    My words were...LIAM ROCKED!!! [face_love]

Ok done :D

Yes I agree one of the best Batman movies ever! [face_dancing]

23. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Sorry we missed you guys had a blast at the Rave. We presented the young supervisor Jon, who was in charge of the Midnight showing of Star Wars, a certificate of appreciation for the Rave on behalf of the ArkanSith Galactic Renegades for the way we were treated that night. He was cool and gave each of us a WHO'S YOUR DADDY poster.

24. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Mmm... sorry I missed you folks at the Rave. I couldn't remember what anyone said they would be wearing except for the evenstar necklace, which I didn't see.

I have to agree, though... Batman rocked!

25. _Darth_Malice

_Darth_Malice Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Just saw the movie last night. Man I cannot believe that they ripped the backgroud/story of batman so far from the original as they did. Granted that the movies' action was awsome and yes Bale has portrade the best "Dark Knight". But so many error in the characters. Bruce never got his martial arts/ninja training from Ra's Al Ghul/Ducard he received it from Japanese Sensai in Japan not in China. The Scarecrow never work at Arkhem Asylum's. Wayne manior was never burned to the ground. They removed the grand-father clock with a piano/display case access point. Went from a car as the batmoble to a armored ATV. Changing Bruce Wayne alter persona from a clumsy dim-witt to a arrogant a**hole. Gordan was already the Commisoner of Gothem City when Batman showed-up. They never cought the person who killed Bruces parents. It's like the only thing right was Wayne's parent's being gunned down outside of the opera, Dissapearing for a couple of years when legally of-age, having martial arts trainging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.