main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Rebel Fleet Troopers - Hasbro Blaster

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Shivann_D, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I have some bad news.....According to local stores here in VA, ALL Toys R Us stores have pulled the Hasbro Rebel Fleet Trooper guns from their shelves due to someone complaining that they looked too much like real guns. At this time I dont know if Wal-mart Target and KayBee Toys have pulled them. Entertainment Earth still has them advertised on their site for release in February. I am also not sure if the pull is nationwide. If anyone happens to see one please let us know and buy them up. I will definitely get one.
    I did see a pic on a japanese website that showed one painted in puke green and yellow instead of the black. We will have to see.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Are they for sale already? I haven't seen any on any shelves anywhere here in Los Angeles. That's bad news, as I've been looking forward to this blaster since Comic-Con last year.

I need a better replacement for my homemade PVC DH-17.

3. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I know...I am making one for CIV but wanted to take the toy version with me so that I wouldnt have to worry about busting my prop version. I dont know the exact date of release but if TRU had them and them had to pull them and ship them back, they must have been getting ready for release.

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That is very bad news indeed. I think every single Rebel Fleet Trooper in the 'verse was looking forward to this product. (And probably every Imp officer, pilot, and other costumer who wanted a good sidearm...)

5. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Well, I never knew you could buy these. Could it also be where you live, what part of virginia to you live in, I live in fairfax county centreville, va

6. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I am in Richmond...but from what I was told by the manager, it is a full TRU thing, not just local.

7. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I have not seen this blasters. Are You talking about the e-11's or not?

8. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Same. Last time I saw a rebel blaster was a few hours ago on the bus watching Tenclo. COuld u post a pic of it? Well, I dont know why they would do this, I was in the store on saturday, and they had clone trooper rifles. Besides, why dont they take paintball guns out of the store, they can really hurt and are more of a danger than a plastic rebel gun that doesnt even shoot(it doesnt shoot, right?)

9. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I know, can we get pics for this blaster.

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/20060718_picview_hasbro/img/9.jpg

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I know all of us in Sunrider base are pissed to hear this. We were really eager for these. :(

12. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    If I hear anything different I will definitely post it....the one for the Rebel Fleet Trooper does shoot Nerf darts. There is a Japanese version that they might be adopting instead of the black....we will just have to see, but I doubt if they have to recall them that we will see them before May.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    One of our guys just posted this on the Sunrider board:

14. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I spoke to Hasbro as well....I really think that TRU is useless for information. Hasbro did confirm that TRU was pulling the Grevious, Clone and Stormtrooper blasters from their shelves but didnt say if it was regional or national.
    Even if TRU doesnt put the Rebel Blasters out, we still have Target, Kaybee and Walmart
    I do have an item # for the blaster: 87200. The rep said that late Feb or March to be looking for it.
    Entertainment Earth has it for preorder on their site as well.

15. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    deng it, Now I want one. They look cool. I will check my local area for them.

16. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    I'm waiting for them to hit the stores. I want a few as a knock around prop for events with lots of kids and I'm in RFT. I keep my "hero" prop tight in my hands and don't let kids mess with it. But if I had a toy version, could let kids hold it for photo ops.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, exactly. I get extremely nervous when I let kids hold mine. Having a toy one will put my mind at so much ease!

18. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I don't even let the kids get near mine... I always have a spare cheap one...

19. Koza_Toragh

Koza_Toragh Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
  20. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Hey, just pray paint it flat black, anf you will be good to go.

21. KISSMAN

KISSMAN Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2006
    THIS IS what can be done with a hasbro e11 blaster,parts from ebay

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w12/mannequinskywalker/E11BLASTER/

22. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Looks very cool, but aren't the two folding stock pieces supposed to be connected?

23. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    They should be one piece, and you need to cut that whole tip off.

24. studiocreations

studiocreations Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2000
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! I was just popping into my local Walmart for some shipping boxes and decided to quickly run through the toy aisle to see if anything was new. Suffice to say I was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the RFT Dart Blaster sitting on the shelf. I quickly snagged the only one on the shelf and high tailed it home to compare against the Master Replicas version sitting in my Display Room. Wholly mackeral they are similar. The Hasbro toy is about 1 inch shorter in length ( approximately 8%.)

The color was Lime Green and Orange... Yeach... but, that's better than nothing. Flat black spray paint on the second one I find, definetely.

I did not know the toys were being made untill i saw it on the shelves. Woohoo!!!

-Jeff

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks for the great news, SC!!!!!!!

Woohoo! Time to go hunting....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.