main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Regional meet?/Fanforce Dinner/Gift exchange

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Are there any restaurants in your area that have a banquet room that could be reserved (and is still available for Dec 4th?)

~Doc_Bev

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im currently researching a few options right now. I know we did an event at the library once they ahve a big room we can have a buffet type event in there . Just waiting to hear if its booked. Trying to get a banquet hall at a restaurant is going to be tough since A. we would have to charge everyone for dinner and B I would have to come up with a deposit.

We were hoping to not have to charge anyone for the dinner.

At any rate I will keep everyone informed.

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I am pretty much free every Saturday. 19th should be fine for me. My Moms B Day is in December but we usually celebrate B days the closest Sunday to it. I would not mind paying for a dinner if it was not to expensive. It would be a pain maybe because of the deposit but then everyone can just come and have fun and not worry about the food. Any Community centers? We just found out about one here recently through some new members and it works out nicely. A Church may even work. I am jsut throwing stuff out. Hope it works out what ever you guys can come up with. Thanks for your efforts Strawbary.

4. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Let me know soon... I have to request days off more than a week ahead of time, so if it's the 4th I'll need to know by later today. I don't want to drop in a request off only to have it not be then, then drop in another RO for the same event.

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im working everyday till xmas and a few doubles squeezed in there on top of it all. If someone wants to call the library to book this that would be great. otherwise Im sorry to say I really cant do anything at this point.
    I know everyone was looking forward to this but I just am not home long enough to do anything. :( I have been working doubles 3 days in a row...... If that gives anyone any idea how crazy its been.

I know alot of people who have their Holiday stuff in Jan since the holidays are too busy.

Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: I just emailed the library and put our request in for DEc 4th from 4-7 pm I will let everyone know what I find out.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    They have denied our request the library is booked that day. Is there another day in mind for everyone?

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Let's go for something in January, like the Rochester thing last year. Less rushed, and it's after both Christmas and New Year's, so it's sorta like celebrating both.

8. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    January would be good for those in retail and in service industries. I would like to vote for January as well.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Just after the holidays would be good. That would work. Less going on then and stuff for everyone. Well have more fun then last year. If anyone has or is going to get that SW DVD Trivia game we could maybe play that if we can get it set up where ever. Also Star Wars Pictionary which will be a blast.

10. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    :(

That means I'm going to miss out, like I had to miss out last year.

11. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Not nessecarily. If we can pull off a Sunday, I'm sure that Drama Club woudln't get in the way.

12. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I have that dumb religion stuff on sundays, too, keep in mind, unless this happens before it starts up again.

I just have to get a calendar and see what's shaking.

13. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    After the holidays is a great idea. YJN (Young Jedi Niagara) up here is planning to do their Christmas party on Jan. 8th for the same reasons.

This brings me to my request that hopefully your Christmas party could be a different weekend than that of January 8th, as Charles and I would really like to attend both parties and not have to make choices. ;)

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, well jan it is :) So anything after the 8th is ok?

oh....wait....the 22nd is out for me I have a seminar to go to that day.

Anything else seems ok.....

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I have the Rebel Legion Party on Jan 15th (and probably 16th) and at some point in January I'll also have the 501st NER Night Out. I'm also booked the 23rd. So I guess that leaves...

8th
    9th
    22nd
    29th
    30th

that are still free at the moment for us.

~Doc_Bev
    & -KnightShade-

16. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    I would like to suggest the 30th of January because it seems that most people could arrange for the time off or have the time off already.

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok so I am to assume we are going to shoot for Jan 30th? :)

I will make some calls and see what dates are available.

18. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    The 30th works for me. I'm glad we're actually planning in advance... I love my flexible work schedule, but after the Tuesday of the week before... I'm hosed :p

19. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Yes, yes, I concur....the 30th would be awesome!!! ;)

20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    the 30th works

21. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been about recently but my new job has me working all hours everyday but, I am enjoying it. Who thought that I would ever see the day when I have to wear a suit to work everyday :)

If we are talking about Sunday January 30th. Then I am up for that. It will be good to see the old gang again.

22. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    And then I start my second semester the next day. Hooray!

23. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    If it is Sunday teh 30th, then I can (am 90% sure) make it. Woo for drama ony on sats!

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The 30th is still good for us. Are there any venues out there that are available for that day?

~Doc_Bev

25. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    Hi!
    Is this still on and if so where are we going to meet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.