main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Relay For Life - RL jedi need your help!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Krash, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    JKOC/Rebel Legion has signed up for The American Cancer Society - Relay For Life on July 15th-16th here in Cleveland. And while people have been very supportive, having just finished another similar event for Big Brothers, Big Sisters...most of our local sponsors have already given alot.

DonC is walking, as is Padawan92 (both could use some help in sponsors) along with some new Cleveland area SW fans!

Something I'm doing (which would be how RL is involved) is that I've decided not only to participate in the walk in costume (jedi) but I've publically promised/dared to walk the entire 24 HOURS (6:30pm Fri-6:30pm Sat)...if people will help me and our team reach it's goal.

http://www.acsevents.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=79704&lis=1&kntae79704=4307963E34C04D8E92E9F2CC814309EC&team=940888

While we're participating in one of many local events, this is a national charity...for a cause I think we all can agree helping fight the real "dark side" of the Force (cancer) is worth taking a moment of your time to help support.

Thanks!

2. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    [face_thinking] maybe and myself may come to support you all. i may come as "darth vader or stormtrooper or jedi ( anakin's cousin)[face_mischief]

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That'd be great, we're looking at having some people in costume on Saturday afternoon...with the regular JKOC meeting (following the event) at a nearby park.

The biggest thing we need are sponsors. Walkers/costumes we got...donations for R4L, we need.

4. Darth Vrook

Darth Vrook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    My school just collected around 2000 dollars for that foundation.

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's great...the more groups we can get involved (locally) with events like Relay For Life, the better it is for both sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.