main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reorganisation of FFUK:N

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    yeah - we need a pizza people - its long overdue....[face_whistling]

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Funny you should mention that, I'm going there 2nite :p

3. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    I havent Been taking much notice with what's been going on with this thread -

I note We need a CR with more an Active role So Should the People Putting up for the post Write a short statement on what they think are the major area's that need a re-kick start.

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...meanwhile, back on page 1....

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I think he was saying it may be an idea for us member to put down what we would like out of our CR.

obviously expecting a CR to live up to all the expectations would be a hard task BUT if the prospective nominee's get to see what we're after then they'll know whether they want in or not.

Just my take on his post anyway.

6. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Yes Terry that was what I was on about ! Thanx for making sound easyier

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, firstly, I think the majority of posters have said (repeatedly) what they would like to see the CR be doing - active in organising, active in posting, active in welcoming new people. If you haven't read through every post, then you will miss that.

There are some TFN postings on what people should expect from their CR, these are standard things, and really I think someone willing to take the role has to be willing and happy to work with the guidelines.

CR Code of conduct is here

Fan Force FAQ is here

A key point made in there regarding CRs is below -
    **I'd make a great moderator! Can you list me as the moderator for my city?

FanForce does not recognize moderators in the traditional sense. Instead moderators have been effectively replaced by City Representatives (CR's.)

City Representatives must be (first and foremost,) leaders -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of city-wide fans. As a CR, you are there to serve and represent your organization. You must garner their trust and their support. They have to believe that you can be called upon to represent them and TFN in any capacity. They are responsible for the group in situations such as finances and contracts, and therefore must be at least 18 years of age.

A key point to understand is that CR's do not appoint themselves as such. As FanForce is essentially "for the fans, by the fans," we trust that CR's can, and will, be appointed by the cities themselves. We expect that this will stem from cities meeting together, planning activities together, and communicating on the forums together. FanForce cities will use these avenues to decide on a CR.

My main concern, now I am RSA, I really have a lot of things I'd like to do for the whole of the FF-UK, and these take time writing up, contacting people, organising etc etc. I can't dedicate as much time to organising FF-UK: North meets (which I enjoy doing), it's not fair on the other FF-UK chapters. It's also part of the job of the CR. So personally, I think we need the CR doing that, whether they can make meets or not, and be happy to do that. It's about making sure everyone is happy, but also everyone knows the relevant details. And at the end of the day, hopefully getting the biggest turn-out you can, and we have 30+ members in the North, more than most of the other chapters.

If you are wanting to be CR, the vital issue to ask - can you organise? Because you will be the event organiser for this fan group. If you want to be a normal member, don't ask for your name to be put down as CR. CR is an important role, if we are to take this group forward, and it can't just be a hobby as such any more. It can't take over your personal life, but you have to feel that you are doing something important, because then you are respecting the people who form this group. That is my take on it, from my experience with the US Fan Force and the FF-UK. This isn't just a group of friends going out for drinks, we are part of a scene, a big scene. I'd also like to see the North take on more charity stuff, something we have always discussed, and I saw so much of in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.