main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Requiem for a Hammer

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Imperial_Hammer , Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Two years ago to this very day, NP announced that I was stepping up to fill her shoes as RPF moderator...

Today, I am writing this thread to let you know that I am stepping down from this position.

Events in my life have converged in such a way that I would not be doing my job if I kept this position any further. I have second year review for my graduate studies coming up in two weeks. In April, I have a conference that I need to prepare for. In June, I go to the Netherlands for hopefully two months. In August, I have my first comprehensive examination for my studies, and in January, my second. All of this, of course, on top of the daily comings and goings of weekly graduate school classes. These things are those that require my full attention, and unfortunately its the boards, and my games, that suffer in the process.

No longer.

The process is already in motion to fill my position. Those who are in contention already know who they are. I imagine by the end of the month, he or she will be chosen by the Modsquad, and I will be moved into VIP status.

From there, I will then disappear. Unlike Saintheart, I will not have time to continue GMing and playing in these parts. Just far too much to do, far too many things demanding my attention at the moment. I will go the way of LSA, a full-withdraw. I will still poke around with my AIM and MSN screen names, so if you ever want to chat with me, that would be the way to do it. But on theforce.net you will not find me very much longer.

I will be accepting PMs for people interested in GMing Oz or Disney 2. They will be open only to players in those games, players that have put their time and effort into those projects. While they are already tragically under-updated, a fault that is all mine, I will not close them unless no one wants to continue their tales. The work my writers have done in those threads deserve to continue, and so I hope their stories will continue long after I have left these parts. Any RPR work I have going, I am sure the administration will be happy to look after.

I don't believe this is good-bye forever. While I suspect I will remain busy for many many years into the future, I will probably not be *this* busy forever. Maybe in a year or two, things will slow down for me, and I'll be able to return to these parts, with a game to run and some time to play. I still have many ideas I would love to turn into games and many stories still untold. It is my sincere hope that whenever I return, I will find this community large, vibrant, and thriving.

I've been around these parts for more than 5 years now, and its been as a good a time as I could have hoped for. I've made wonderful friends with people all over the United States and the World, and have even gotten the chance to see some them in person. I've met my current girlfriend on these boards. These boards have taught me to be a better writer, to think more creatively, and have even taught me how to type. For all the schemes and grand plots, awards and romances, crazy RPFchats and RPR policy debates, its been a blissful half decade. These next couple of years will definitely be cold ones for me.

Its been an honor to write with you all and to moderate this little paradise of the internet! May your future moderators be wise and strong, and may this community never perish from the internet.

Long live the RPF, and God Bless!

-Neil, AKA: Imperial_Hammer

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry to see you go, I_H, though I understand the pressures.

Been great times; in addition to your great and addictive games, you were the first to do a casual nickname of "Sith-I-5", and that has stayed with me forever.

Best of luck for the future, and hope to see you back here in time.

Sithy

3. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    I_H Edit: Removed at Light's request

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Man, seeing the official announcement sucks more than I thought it would.

Sad to see you go, Impy.:(

5. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    This is so sad, but life can be a bother. You are an amazing mod, and wonderful GM, and even though I haven't been here long, I will miss you. Take care.

Spike

6. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Sorry to hear it, Imp. Good luck, and I hope we'll see you again someday.

:(

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    DRL may have taken another great one from within our midsts, one that knows how to type those odd words, and for that we be-weep our new status without. Though it shall not be in vain, for the Hammer shall always be with us in memory, and it's imprint forever in our games...for there is no way we could ever remove those holes without a terrible patch job.

You shall be missed, and the Imperials will sorely be weaker without your presence.
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/9/95/Mjolnir%27s_resting_spot.jpg/200px-Mjolnir%27s_resting_spot.jpg]
    For the Hammer has fallen. . .

Missed by we three boards left behind, Cool Runnings Hammer, Cool Runnings.
    [image=http://www.civicheraldry.co.uk/cornwall.JPG]
    W.I.P.U.W.M.A.
    (Work In Peace, Until We Meet Again)

8. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I'm so sad.... :_|

We've played many, many games together. From your Disney games and Pirate games, to my "007-style" games. It's been a hell of a lot of fun. You will be missed, my friend.

Take care, and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Your old RPing buddy,
    Scotty

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    A sad day for the RPF. You´ll be missed, Imp. I´ll miss you, for sure. You did a lot to make me feel at home here, through the last year. And you brought us so many of your ideas that made this thing work for all of us. A truly great Mod leaves. Proud to have met you!

Take good care of you out there. Until another day, then.

Thanks.

-Fin-

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    damn. sorry to see you go imp, but you better come back man. see you around in some fashion or another.

11. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Bummer. :( I know I haven't exactly been around as much as I would have liked to be in the past couple of years, but you have been an excellent mod, a wonderful GM, a fantastic RPer and an even better friend that I am glad I got to know. Good luck in your...adventures in the next couple of years. :)

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    :_| Impy :(

You better be back someday! We'll keep the RPF fires burning for you. [:D]

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Oh Impy!!!

Soo sad to see you leave us, but we will hopefully be keeping the fires warm until your return.

Take care!!

**waves a fond farewell....**

14. Republic_Anvil

Republic_Anvil Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2009
    Truly a sad day for the community. When I first appeared on these boards as JediHighlander I had no idea what I was doing. Then Impy invited me to the RPFchat and helped welcome me into the RPF Family. I will miss you Impy, and will look forward to the day you can return.
    Thank you for all the support and advise. You will be missed.

Do-nv-I-he-do-lv-i, U-hyu'-s-ti A-gi-do
    (Cherokee: Until you come back, farewell my brother)

-Anvil-

PS. And if/when you do return Impy we need to finally collaborate on a game, a "Produced by Hammer & Anvil" is just too good not be tacked onto an awesome game.

15. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    My friend,

Thank you
    a million times over. Best of luck with RL, as ever.

Daniel

16. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I didn't get to know you as a RPG mod in the first place. I think it was in MS when we met the first time really and all I learned from you were only good things. You are a great mod!

It's really sad to see you stepping down and there's still hope left to see you coming back soon again (and no, you can't blew out this little light of hope).

Good luck and best wishes!

[:D]

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    :(

You shall be sorely sorely missed, Hammer. I cannot stress how much I will miss your presence on these boards. [:D]

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Aw, hell. :(

Very sad to hear this, Hammer. I had an awesome time as your wingman and you will be sorely missed. Best of luck in all your future endeavours, though.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    No, Impy! :_|

You did a lot for the RPF as a whole and your presence will be missed around these parts. You better not wander too far!

Take care! [:D]

20. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Hammer! :_| What a sad news. But I wish you the best out there. Take care of yourself. It´s a dangerous world for a man without a banhammer!

-Claire-

21. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    Sad to hear, you've been a great mod.... Aight' now stop! Hamma' time! - MC Hammer, that line will always make me think of you.

Not in a weird way - [face_plain]

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Been great times I_H on these boards---how they have developed and grown under your leadership! :) And you will be missed, although I do hope you come around every now and then and say hi to us.

God Bless,

Jason

23. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Hammer you will be missed. You have been part of this RPF since before I came, You have always been here, for as long as I recall. The RPF always included a few things in its package, And two of the biggest were Hooper's and Imperial Hammer. While I have no doubt that this institution will persevere after you leave, it will not be the same RPF without your presence. You my good friend, will be very deeply missed.

24. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Came back expecting things to be a little bit different, wasn't counting on the end of an era. Well Hammer, it's been good as all hell, you've been running the best RP op I've found on the whole internet. Whoever fills in (along with Xan) is going to have a lot to live up to. You ran this place.

Well. Now I can get on with being Hammur-in-chief.

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I dunno what to say in here what I haven't said to you already; you'll be missed! See you around! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.