main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith Score Discussion **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Drac39, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Actually, the rebel theme is used when Artoo kills the buzz droid.

2. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Yeah, I know. When I mentioned the Rebel Fanfare I meant R2's heroics, and by the second fanfare I meant the generic brass fanfare that accompanies Obi's leap from his ship.

3. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Gotcha. Sorry. :)

4. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    All of this cue except for the section with the Emperor's theme can be found in Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees. Use TRE Archiver to open Galaxies TRE files and extract the MP3s.

5. Jedi_Hoppin_Bun

Jedi_Hoppin_Bun Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I have a question and I hope someone could help me out. I did a search and read most of this thread but didn't find the answer so here goes:

Do my ears deceive me? After watching my ROTS DVD, I believe that the brass part of "Anakin's Betrayal" (which is at 1:00 on the soundtrack) is not syncopated in the movie like on the soundtrack. Is this the case? If so, does anybody know why? I hate that the DVD does not match the soundtrack.

6. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    I think it's more likely that the soundtrack doesn't match the DVD, actually. ;)

7. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I cant wait to have the full version of this soundtrack (like the OT and episode I), because it's def become one of my favorites.. it just feels so tragic and emotional, it really gets to me every single time i hear it (and i dont grow tired of it yet[face_blush] [face_laugh] )

8. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    I finally got this sountrack and ib my opinion it definitely beats the others. I can't stop listening to Battle of the Heroes and Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. Great songs...

9. Qui-Gon_Master

Qui-Gon_Master Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    So is there an edit of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan with Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes like in the movie ready for download?

10. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Not legally - but such edits are definitely in existence. I've made one myself.

11. Qui-Gon_Master

Qui-Gon_Master Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    GK edit: Soliciting copyrighthed files is not allowed.

12. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Not to mention against the law... ;)

13. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Although I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to prosecute over a single shared file for a movie score. In fact, has anyone ever gotten caught sharing movie scores? The only things I've ever heard of were HBO shows, mainstream new releases and popular music.

14. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Whether or not you get caught and punished is not the point. ;)

It's illegal, and these forums cannot condone it.

15. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    When I first listened to track 15 of Revenge of the Sith, "A New Hope and End Credits", I was really surprised the end credits of Revenge of the Sith combined some of the end credits of A New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

Ask me why and I'll have the answer.

16. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Okay, why?

My answer: Because those musical themes have nothing to do with ROTS, perhaps?!?! I mean, chronologically, it feels fitting, with this as the last Star Wars movie, but within the saga context, having the main ending theme for the next movie in your end credits doesn't make much sense...

17. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    The finale used in the "End Title" of Jedi and Sith was apparently written before The Empire Strikes Back for concert purposes.

18. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Actually here are the reasons of how the end credits of Revenge of the Sith combine the end credits from both A New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

A New Hope because of the inclusion of Princess Leia's Theme, and Revenge of the Sith brings true to A New Hope, and on the soundtrack, the inclusion of the Throne Room music heard when Han, Chewie and Luke were awarded.

Return of the Jedi because the end credits of Revenge of the Sith ended the same way, which the end credits of Return of the Jedi did through music, and Revenge of the Sith is much closer to Return of the Jedi.

Also for both of them (although I never thought John Williams was ever going to do this for any of the prequels), Revenge of the Sith is the only prequel in which in the end credits, we hear what was in the end credits of A New Hope and Return of the Jedi. I'm referring to the Star Wars main title.

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Hook, you called it. From 6/14/04.

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    So who's still actively listening to the ROTS soundtrack (OST or modified with game score)?

I still have a PT mix cd that I listen to often in the car.

Any new favorite cues emerging for anyone?

21. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    I've been working on my edit of RotS again in light of new material. Almost finished...

22. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Me. Anakin's Betrayal still reverbrates around my room. :p

And I downloaded the Ultimate Soundtrack from megaupload.com. Not exclusively ROTS music, but a good reworking of the saga music as a whole.

23. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    I don't listen to it actively, but I give a few tracks a listen every now and then.

24. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    I still listen to it- AJVader's 'Ultimate version.' My favorite remains the TRUE opening track, War Drums and all. ;)

25. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I wish I wasn't lazy and could have a nicely edited version myself

this way, all I have is the OST - which still plays often enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.