main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Rhi's stuff! [*]Updated 17th May[*] -- The first looking modest Twi'Lek in history.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by rhi-sparks, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [:D] You're welcome!
    German is a very difficult language and hard to learn. I also have problems with it sometimes. No one will blame you if your's isn't perfect. :)

Well, "sorry" is already a German word to me. I always use it, except when I'm talking to elderly people. My classmates always laugh, though, when I start a sentences with "sorry" and then continue in German. 8-}
    Colloqual language changes a lot here. The youth mixes English and German a lot. Like "cool" and "sorry". There used to be a time when "fresh" was also used, before "cool" replaced it.
    But if your father still uses words like "dufte", "knorke" or "töfte", tell him that it isn't used anymore. :p

The cool thing about German is that it's often so close to English. Even if you might not understand the spoken German, the written word might help a lot. It's all about pronounciation, sometimes. :)

And don't worry about the Chiss. She looks wonderful! You don't have to change anything about her if you don't want to. [:D]

2. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    [:D] to Chilla. :)

Strictly speaking, this isn't REALLY art. But it's my design site (making logos, websites and banners and such for small businesses and photographers/artists) under construction. The links need to be rollovers *I'm thinking turning them to red* and the text and everything needs to be changed obviously.
    http://tinylittlemonster.bravehost.com/hometinym.html
    Yeah... A lot of work still to be done, but I did the monster on Photoshop. He's cute, in a not so cute way. :p

3. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Aw! It's really cute! But I disagree, IMO it is art! [:D] =D=

4. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Thanks Chilla! I'm making it into a Flash website now! :D
    Well, I've been practsing with 3dS Max (I've been into Sims Clothes Modelling with it!) and ventured into landscapes... So I had this landscape and decided to Photoshop it into an alien planet... :)
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/tranqu.jpg
    EDIT:^^It's probably better if I do that! :p

5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, 3D Max is a very complicated program! Respect for using it!

The link doesn't quite work right, but I still managed to force my computer to show me your picture. [face_devil] ;)

And it's so beautiful! I love the colors in the sky and the blue in the sea - it looks lovely! [face_love] =D=
    Will you do more landscapes? [face_batting]

6. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Haha, yeah I'm thinking of doing more, that one took me hours to do and it was a complete learning process... But it was fun to do, so I hope to do more! :D

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very cool--and lol about the "pink is the new black" thing! ;) I think the only thing that bothers me at all about this is the "fuzziness" of the focus in the middle of the image (on my monitor, anyway); if the focus fades at the edges, it's not as noticeable--but it'd be a bit stronger if you could sharpen it up in the center (I'd love to see the hard edges of the shoreline). Great colors and good use if light!

FF

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    gorgeous colours on your landscape pic there, certainly suits the name you have given it :)
    I also agree that perhaps you should try seeing what it looks like with the slight blur coming in from the outer-edges of the picture, or perhaps a soft lens flair? Looks really great!

9. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    I'll take your ideas on board guys!
    It's appreciated! :)
    It's supposued to be fog, hashly put in because my rendering isn't so good yet, and the landscape is a bit... Rough and rugged.
    *sheepish grin*

10. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/uncleowen.jpg]
    Here is Uncle Owen for the 30th Collage that HS29 is doing.
    I was so tempted to trace over, but didn't.
    As a result, this is a WIP. The nose needs reshaping so it isn't so crooked, and the eyes need to be a little larger.
    Aah well. We all learn somehow I suppose. It's a good job Photoshop does layers, or I'd be buggered.
    :p

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Looking good so far and a great pose of Uncle Owen

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I was so tempted to trace over, but didn't.

YAY!! =D==D= Good for you!!--and it's obvious to me that you didn't need to trace anything: this is an instantly recognizable face (even before the eyebrows go on! ;) ), so you've done a wonderful job of capturing Uncle Owen! =D= I love the palette here, with all the "desert hues" to it--and yes!! Beards of any sort, stubble or longer, are a real pain! You've done a terrific job with it here though--beautiful! Be sure to post again when you get some more done! :D

FF

13. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Thankyou earlybird and FF! :)
    Ah yes. Eyebrows as well. I forgot to mention those need doing as well. :p
    Here's a modest looking Twi'Lek I did for a friend's RP character... It's not the best thing, but it was Photoshop and it was fun as I did the entirety of it listening to Rocky Horror Show! :p

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/girlcopy.jpg]

I want to do more of these. They really are fun. :p

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, wow... She's gorgeous, rhi! =D==D= I just love the eyes--they're staring right through me... Beautiful colors, too--the purple and teal-green are wonderful together--and the shading looks just right (though you might even go for more contrast next time, just to pop it a bit more). A wonderful portrait--and the friend you did this for must be doing a lot of cartwheels and backflips about now--I know I would be! :D ;) Great job!

FF

15. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    YAHOO a modest Twi'lek!!! [face_dancing]
    Twi'leks are so awesome, and its so great to see them with clothes on!
    Great picture, I like the style you use on those pictures, its very nice to look at. Her eyes are so pretty, very jedi looking I'd say.
    Great job!!!

16. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Thanks for looking FF and Nidrail! :)
    I'm now working on a redhead for my other friend who saw the Twi'Lek and liked... :p
    Haha, it's not Star Wars this time, but I shall find motivation somewhere... :p

I'll take on board the "eye popping" shading and contrasting and use it methinks! Sounds like an interesting idea, and one I'll definitely be giving a whizz! Thanks Falcon! :)

17. Darth_Omnis

Darth_Omnis Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Not a Bad Twi'lek[face_thinking] . Color looks good but the her head tails could be a little bit longer but hey, it's your picture after all so my opinion doesn't really matter.

18. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Hey, remember that one time I put Daru in a dress on Naboo? That was modest! ;)

Your Twi'leks face is absolutely gorgeous, rhi! The looking over the shoulder pose is very elegant. I think her lekku are slightly oddly shaped, looking somewhat poofy-hair-like. But ya know what? It's still damn good. I always like to see more Twi'leks around here, with any amount of clothing on! ;)

19. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    The headtails were hard to do, but thanks for looking guys! :D
    Want to know a secret? My reference picture was me... :p
    Unfortunately, I have hair. Makes headtails hard to place. :p

20. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    XD. Again, I want to underscore that I think she looks very pretty. :)

21. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    [face_blush] Thankyou Giolon! :D
    Right, I finally got around to actually updating my DevArt account, which has stayed pretty much vacant forever... :p
    My DeviantArt Account
    Yeah, I put my non-SW art up there, and some SW art. :p

22. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I really love the twi'lek art you have done, the eyes are amazing! Really nice and stylized piece of work, looks almost like a screen print.
    You're on DA too? *skitters off to see*

23. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    a Green Twi'lek nice :D

24. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I like the style, it's like a cartoon! ^^ I like the expression of the face too :)

25. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    You've got a great cartoon style rhi.
    Don't sell yourself short in any way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.