main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise to the Next Level- Heroes (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jek_Windu, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Just started watching Episode 8 of Season 3 ... looks like *another* family connection has been made, with the brother of Clare's biological mother?

Anyone want to attempt to put together a Heroes Family Tree???

2. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Last episode was good, though I'm confused -- I thought the Ninth Wonders comic died along with Isaac Mendes.

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Before he died, he shipped out his last few. Apparently they were quite a lot. As we are to assume it is only about 2 years time and Isaac died about a year and half ago, it's possible to assume he saw that far and made the comics.

I absolutely despise that option though.[face_plain]

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I don't think it's even as far as two years later in the timeline, more like a year. It's a really very slow show where the only big leap in the timeline was between seasons one and two.

5. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    The promo for the eclipse said 2 years. I'd say it's just barely 2.

6. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Watching episode 1 of season 1, Claire already had her ability prior to the eclipse. In addition to the old guard of heroes as well. I'm not sure what they are trying to do with the eclipse but it screams continuity error.

7. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    IN that case the continuity truly is all over the place. I thought the episode with Papa Petrelli had flashbacks to one and a half years ago for the Petrelli's and a year ago for everyone else?

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Episode 1 of Season 1 makes it sound like Arthur has been "dead" for several months. So a year and a half sounded right.

My guess is the promo screwed up or they just hit the 2 year mark with the eclipse.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I want to see the Haitian brought into all this

10. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    It would be nice to see some kind of official timeline...

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bringing in Seth Green and Breckin Myers as the comic book store guys just seems appropriate in the wake of RC SW 2, hehe.

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Well that was one of the worst episodes of the shows history. Even as someone who doesn't look for plot holes, I could spot about 5 off the top of my head. Really, really poor. The only highlight was that Noah was utterly badass!

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Noah and Hiro were the highlights.

>POP!<

"Bad man."

>POP!<

14. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    agreed. Absolutely loved Hiro popping in and saving Noah. :D

15. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    So was this eclipse special? Because I'm pretty sure that eclipses are pretty common (or common enough to have occurred before within the Heroes continuity), and our heroes would have noticed any side effects before...

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm guessing it has to be a solar eclipse that hits the region of the world they're in- this one hit hit the midwest and east coast I think. O rosmething else is going on while an eclipse happens to be in that position.

17. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    What baffled me about that eclipse was that it was happening at the same time in Africa and America. Lulwhut?

18. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    Haiti isn't in Africa.

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Oh is that where it was! See, this is how interesting I'm finding the Petrelli's storyline...

20. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    I was loving HRG's new 'bad-a$$ness', until I realized he had Sylar in the sights of his sniper rifle but instead decided to wait until after they had sex, then storm the house with a hand gun. Question#1: What was he doing while they were in the mix. Q2: Why bring a sniper rifle with no intention to use it? Another gripe I have is, I have been waitin since Season 1 for the awesome versions of Hiro and Peter to emerge in the present. I thought after Season 2 Hiro would toughen up a bit but he has gotten worse with this whole 10 year old story line and Peter... *sigh Peter*

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Noah did shoot through the window though.

22. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    You are correct, El moved him out of the line of fire. That still leaves the question of why wait until the act was over?

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    As someone else said Haiti isn't in Africa. BUT in the very first episode of the first season the eclipse was visible in Tokyo and New York and Texas. All at the same time. Probably in Las Vegas too but who ever paid attention to the Nikki storyline?

24. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Perhaps Noah's a voyeur? Perhaps the fell down in the throes of passion, who knows. Either way, it was really shabbily told.

Nikki who?

25. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Although it makes no sense, it was mentioned repeatedly in the episodes that it was a "world-wide" eclipse, however that happens.

So does anyone think Peter has his powers back now and just doesn't know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.