main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Treasury

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by jthornto, Aug 24, 2006.

1. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    We have a balance of $119.09. This includes t-shirt proceeds from 2005.

If you feel like donating money (or paying for something you bought), you can PayPal it to: rmff.treasurer@yahoo.com. EDIT: THIS PAYPAL EMAIL IS NO LONGER VALID. THE CORRECT PAYPAL IS: RMFFTREASURER@YAHOO.COM.

We are currently earning 5.04%. Sweet.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them or PM me.

Also, feel free to post if you have any suggstions on how the money should/shouldn't be spent, if you have a purchase request, or anything else fiscally related.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I believe the first item up is MHC ConSuite. Whatever funds that don't get donated will need to come from the treasury to pull it off. :)

Error: Only 1 bleary eyed post per minute is allowed.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    We should invest the rest until it is needed... any stock brokers in the group?

4. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    During Mile Hi Con, Taeriel donated $40 toward defraying Obi_Wannabe's costs of purchasing food and supplies. If anyone else can donate some money, it would be greatly appreciated. A full accounting will be done by the November meeting.

If you'd like to donate via PayPal, the email address is: rmff.treasurer@yahoo.com. EDIT: THIS PAYPAL EMAIL IS NO LONGER VALID. THE CORRECT PAYPAL IS:RMFFTREASURER@YAHOO.COM.

5. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Before Mile Hi Con, we had a balance of $119.09. Taeriel donated $40 to the treasury and we had a PayPal dividend of 50 cents, for a grand total of $159.59.

Mile Hi Con expenses for food and supplies was $186, according to Obi_Wannabe. We would be in the red by $26.41, however, O_W decided that he would donate the balance so we would break even. Major props to him for his generosity!

As of November 8th, we have a balance of $0.

If you would like to donate any money to the RMFF coffers, you can give me cash at a meeting or send it via PayPal to: rmff.treasurer@yahoo.com. EDIT: THIS PAYPAL EMAIL IS NO LONGER VALID. THE CORRECT PAYPAL IS:RMFFTREASURER@YAHOO.COM.

6. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

News flash...still a balance of $0. Thanks for watching, yo.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for the update! Man, it's a good thing this is the first thread on the page! Otherwise, people might not be able to keep up with such important matters. ;)

8. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Important news #36 - Balance is still a big goose egg. Boy, this job is tough.
    Back to your regularly scheduled insanity.

9. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

The RMFF PayPal account is an unverified, non-premium account. Thus it can receive eCheck, checking account, and PayPal fund-backed payments. Those are free to accept and free to send.

The account is not set up to receive credit card-backed payments as PayPal would take their percentage and I'd like to see as much money stay with the RMFF as possible.

So when you make your payments, please make sure they are not credit card backed payments, or else they will be denied. Thanks for your help!

10. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    What are the funds looking like going into the summer months with the annual BBQ fast approaching, JT?

11. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    After the last round of t-shirt sales, we have...$129.00 in the kitty. Spend it wisely, eh, RMFF? Don't go and blow it all on a crazy night on the town and wake up in the gutter wondering where it went and what happened to your shoes and why your right leg feels like it's on fire.
    Well, I guess you can, so long as you have your receipts and it's considered "RMFF business."

12. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Just sent more $ from T-Shirt sells yesterday. Only 2 left.

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Tha annual BBQ never draws from the fund, as it is all voluntary/pot luck

14. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    That's what I was told after I said that.

15. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    ArchaicRebel posted: And that, I believe is why the decision was made that we should pay for the stickers we want and like the earlier plan said... build into the price of "our" stickers the cost of some extras to hand out as freebies. So, for the individual cost of our stickers, we get a few "communal" stickers to hand out at events and stuff. Depending on how much they run. And that way, the one other thing we disburse treasury funds for doesn't get shorted when it comes time.

gra-co_o_hun posted: the only reason I would lean more towards not using the RMFF funds, is that by offering to pay for these as members and a few not-so-regular people, we fill the coffers up for the time we do decide to, as you said JT, not make our money back. I'm not opposed to spending some of the group money for it either as long as it is agreed by everyone, but this started as a novelty for personal desire amongst us. Does it really warrant us making a run of more than we need?
    not trying to spark a flame, just my 2 cents.

ZOOfo-Dyas posted
    : If we were going to have a giveaway, I'd rather it be for something that other people are actually going to use, or that we can reach the largest # of number at the best cost... A $3-5/person item is not the way to do it. There are things like temporary tattoos, mini-stickers, lanyards, etc.
    Additionally, we have the Breast Cancer Walk coming up, plus the Halloween Party, not to mention the need for some materials/displays for upcoming conventions. While apparent freebies may be nice, that's not why many of us got into this stuff. Believe me, I'd have a lot nicer car if I had never found this group of lunatics. I don't even want to try and quantify how much I've spent in the name of the group in that time.

I understand that you've spent a lot of money for RMFF activities, Zoo. That was your choice and I'm sure you made them without the intention of getting paid back. You shouldn't have to do that in the future, though, if the funds are going towards an RMFF event/item.

I think this is excellent discussion and I believe that anytime we talk of spending money, the final decision should rest with our decision-making body...the council. That's why we created it and elected people, right?

So let's wait until we have final artwork, final pricing, and a tally of how many people want one (perhaps at the BBQ?) and then decide if we want to spend treasury funds on them. Because if there's one thing this group can do well, it's debate an issue into limbo on the boards.

gra-co_o_hun posted:lDoes it really warrant us making a run of more than we need?

I say yes because it is something that is RMFF based (like the shirt) and would be cool to have as a member or to give away at events like Starfest to promote ourselves. I don't think that using RMFF funds for the Breast Walk (like a donation? or do you mean shirts?) would be good as not all of us participate in it...just like the camping trip last year. I'm all for the Cancer Walk and think it's a great thing. I just would imagine that the shirts would be done like your Broad Squad shirts where you got them made outside of the group and paid for them yourselves.
    Unless it is voted on by the council and the general group concurs that we're doing the Walk as an official group function. It's a distinction, but one we should make.

16. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    wow! I feel like I'm one of the bad kids now. [face_tired]

17. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Nah! You're just in with a bad crowd. ;)

18. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Wicked, bad, naughty Zoot!

19. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Hey! I ain't no chick in a white dress living with other chicks in a castle with a grail beakon JT! [face_mischief]

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Not that he wouldn't mind visiting said castle. ;)

21. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    But JT so would love to administer a spanking, Cory! [face_laugh]

22. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    On the sticker vs. giveaway topic...

I think it would make sense to purchase some extra stickers with treasury funds. Not to be used as giveaways, but to be sold as people want extras in the future. We do grow as a group, and in time, some of us might actually want more stickers, and not have to go through the hasle of making an additional run.

Say you get a new car or truck, and need a new RMFF sticker for it? Or you get a new shipping trunk to carry your armor or costumes, and want to decorate it up with an extra RMFF sticker or two. It would be nice to have some extras in hand, and we simply pay the treasurer for it, and bang--you've got a sticker. :)

As far as giveaways are concerned... I guess I'm not as generous. I wouldn't want to give away a $3-5 sticker, or pay a lot of money into making a batch of temp tats, or anything. I'm ok with donating candy or whatever for something like the WOTR Halloween event or whatever, but I do think that we should keep stuff like that simple, unless an individual wants to fork out the money, of their own free will for something bigger/shinier.

When it comes to group funds, I think they should be used for things like group orders of merchandise. Like if we are doing a group shirt project, and we'll get a decent discount if we order 5 more shirts, or something. Then when someone in the future wants a shirt, they pay the treasurer, and can get one of the extras.

It just seems like every time there is a group order of anything, two days after the order is closed, someone new comes in and says "man, I wish I culd've gotten one of those", and can't get it. I know it's happened to me on 501st merchandise runs, and I can think of at least one person who just missed the last T-shirt run that would've bought an shirt if we had it.

That being said, money can be a very sensitive subject, and if it gets to be too much drama, then we drop the subject, settle down and move on. It's not worth getting upset about or causing issues.

23. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Need I remind y'all that we don't have any prices yet? No one wants to give away $3-5 worth of merch, but the idea is: If they're cheap enough that we can order a ton for next to nothing, why not give some away if people want them? So, before we go deciding that we don't want to give any away when they might end up being available on the cheap, let's just wait and see, eh?

I think Cory will have all the necessary relevant information in time for the BBQ (Gives you some room to breathe there, buddy) because as JT mentioned, we can easily debate something to death here on the boards.

SO, for the next three weeks or so, let's chill out, and let this go until we're actually ready to have a discussion about this, k? We don't have all the information we need, so let's stop working on what-ifs. We're not ready to make a decision on anything here, so let's stop trying to make one right now before we're even ready to. If we go into this having already decided what we want to do and it's based on the opposite information of what it turns out to be, it'll probably never get off the ground and I don't want to see Cory's time and energy wasted.

NOW... can we please get back to the regularly scheduled random insanity at hand, PLEASE?

24. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    We ordered some extra shirts from this last run. If you are interested (or know someone who is) in getting one of the extra shirts, contact S__C and see what we have left.

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Pretty sure we got that guy... And another one besides at the last open cockpit. I have 2 - Large shirts left