main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Going fine at the moment, thanks. You?

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i exist, therefore i think.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I think, therefore I exist.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i like my way more. it means i exist without thinking.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Bravo Approved!

Name: Aidan Dodd.

Species: Human.

Home World: Agamar.

Affiliation: None (as at present; recently 'Run' - i.e. Deserted - from Imperial Navy).

Personality
    ---Traits: Extreme patience when waiting to service subjects. Sometimes plays up to Agamarian stereotype to obtain advantage over non-Agamarians. Marked 'Lone Vulpine' operator. Holds grudges.

---Likes: Slotting subjects' heads cleanly at range. Keeping company with close friends. Mugruebe Stew. Binka Fruit products.

---Dislikes: The Empire, pirates, officious loud-mouths, unreliable Intel.

---Habits: Taking trophy weapons from memorable kills, target practice, weapons' maintenance.

Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Fair.

---Hair Color: Brown.

---Eye Color: Blue.

---Clothing: Pilot's Jumpsuit, Armoured Vac-Suit, Imperial Naval Uniform (Insignia removed), Spec-Ops Trooper Armour, various camouflage and mimetic coveralls/sheets.

---Other Attributes: Height 5' 10"

---Other Details: N/A

Weapons: DC-17m ICWS (all attachments), DC-17 Blaster Pistol, Ascension Gun, Vibroblade, Laser Scalpel (disguised as functional stylus), Verpine Shattergun (Pistol Version - from first solo mission), Verpine Sniper Rifle (all ammunition options - found aboard 'Blood Moon' - latest subject's personal ship).

Skills (NEW!!!)
    ---Primary Skill: [This is something (one skill) you specialize (master) in very well and is a unique skill set to your character. I.e. starfighter pilot, soldier, doctor, mechanic, etc.] Sniper.

---Secondary Skill: [This is something (one skill) you are good at; its not your specialty and not something you have mastered, but it something you are good at. I.e. see above]. Pilot.

---Life Experience: [This is a few things (up to three) you have knowledge of or general working knowledge of, usually gained through either education or life experience. You are not "good" at these skills, but are okay or at the very least workable with them when the need arises.] Medic, Communications, Demolitions.

Education (NEW!!!)
    ---General Education: [Your general education; high school, college, etc.] Agamar School System, plus 1 year at University of Agamar studying Astrogation.

---Specialized Education: [Did you get special training from the military or a technicial school at a particular craft or skill? Military Officer's School, Academies, Top Secret Agent training, etc.] Sector Naval Academy; Prefsbelt IV Fleet Camp; Carida Imperial Naval Academy.

Flaws / Limitations (NEW!!!)
    ----Physical: [Describe a physical limitation or weakness your character has. Is your species generally weaker then most other species and do they have to rely on technology to survive in a increasingly physical world? Do they have a leg, arm, or hand missing that hasn't been replaced by a clone body part or a robotic replacement?] None.

----Mental: [Did your character sustain a brain injury and have memory loss or a loss of certain brain function? Is your character unable to read and or write? Is your character a drop-out from high school and may lack certain knowledge of the greater galaxy and the workings therein? ] No.

---Emotional: [Is your character haunted by the loss of a family member? A romantic relationship? A traumatic event? What could "trigger" a emotionally unstable character in a situation?] Death of parents in destruction of Tondatha.

---General: [Is your character not the best hand-to-hand fighter? Not good at shooting? Does our character have a weakness when in close contact to certain objects and or people?] Seeks to avoid close combat or melee situations if at all possible (see below for reason).

---Character Critical Failure: [What is one thing that can hurt your character? The inability to see in the dark or in the light? The inability to breathe oxygen? Is it the inability to swim? The inability to run? What is one thing that would cause your character to "fail" in ANY situation? What is your character's kryptonite?] Totally allergic to Bacta.

Starship
    ---Name: Blood Moon (ex-Pirate or Smuggler Ship, formerly property of alleged ARC Deserter - just obtained from latest subject).

---Class: Modified Skipray GAT-12g Blastboat.
    [​IMG]
    ---Speed: GAT-12h Standard.

---Hull Rating: [Strength of hull] GAT-12h Standard.

---Shields: GAT-12h Standard.

---Ejection System: None

---Life Support: GAT-12h Standard.

---Hyperdrive Class: 2.0

---Weapon(s): 2x Laser Cannon in standard turret.
    2x Ion Cannon on wingtips.
    1x Tractor Beam Projector.
    1x Concussion Missile Launcher (replaced Proton Torpedo Launcher)
    1x Turbolaser (replaced nose Ion Cannon).

---Crew: 1x (Organic), 2x B1 Battle Droids (Gunners).

---Passenger(s): Personal Slicer Droid.

---Max Cargo (kg): 20,000.

---Interior Description: Standard.
    [​IMG]
    ---Other Details: Found to be carrying large quantity of Credits and Gems.

The Force

---Sensitivity: N/A.

---Religion: N/A

---Lightsaber

-----Crystal(s): N/A

-----Blade(s): N/A

-----Color(s): N/A

-----Handle Description(s): N/A

---Force Abilities: N/A.

---Force Weakness: N/A.

---Other Force Object(s): N/A

Biography

---Personal History: What is there to say about growing up on Agamar? Not all that much! Rumours of enemy intentions during the Clone Wars occasionally made it seem prudent to take ourselves into a hastily-built but sturdy shelter, however nothing fought each other over our land or the neighbouring farms. Not where we were. Not in the interior, 'The Camp' as we call it. We moved into Tondatha, a mixed-species area, not long after I started school; leaving the farm to be run by a share-of-the-profits Manager. Father and Mother got clerical jobs with the Agamarian Council, but all I noticed at first was not having to face the boring speeder or hoverbus rides every day. Later on, I did get to hear some interesting gossip and scandal, though - when the parents thought I was safely out of earshot!

The Agamarian stereotype, so beloved of comedians, is only true of the most outlying and isolated areas; if at all. I've never seen a stereotypical Agamarian 'fresher (a small hut perched over a convenient stream); everyone I knew there had, and was perfectly capable of operating, indoor facilities; thank you very much! Likewise, the 'Oyah' and head-bob trick is something we only put on for the dumber tourists.

---Military History: I had to wait a year for admission to the Sector Naval Academy, got clipped by a speeder 'running the forest' and sustained a badly broken leg, which is the reason for my one year of study at the U of A. Agamar being a resource-poor world, I had to wait and heal the natural way. The Docs were good, though, they got everything back together perfectly; 100 percent recovery. Turned out that Agamar's resource-poverty saved my life, since the induction-battery of medical tests showed I was entirely intolerant of any form of Bacta Therapy - it would kill me!

I had wanted the big ship track, but after a few tests and assignments, they shuffled me into Spec-Ops. I was transferred to Prefsbelt IV Fleet Camp. Why the heck they wanted a back-water farmer like me going to a prestigious military academy I never found out. I was simply told what classes to take for 3 years. I took this, I took that. What I graduated with was a Fleet assignment with good knowledge of every capital ship in the Navy. Why the heck was I denied my big ship track then? I found out later when I was transferred to the Academy of Carida. Thank the Great Maker it wasn't for a three year stint like Prefsbelt IV! Oh no, it was only the worst two years of my life...no, make that two and a half years. The first two years were easy compared to the last 6 months.

As a young man you don't complain when the government pays for free college and food. And gives you your weekends to party with friends (what a joke - weekends were for recovering from the exhaustion and studying hard - if you really wanted to make the cut!). Prefsbelt IV was like college, just with professors that demanded perfection, standard PT tests, and your grades upheld your free education. Well, either I was the Emperor's new unknown (to me) best friend or I was being suckered into a long term contract for the Empire. Unfortunately, as time went on, it seemed like the latter. Two and a half years of hell at Carida. All of that Fleet training and they send me to Carida to get training as a Stormtrooper. Talk about a wake-up call, I was going up against Imperial Army cadets who liked Fleet personnel about as much as Bunkurd Sewer Disorder - given the choice, most would have preferred the BSD! I had to prove myself through two years of hell in Stormtrooper training, both to my instructors (which was the easy part) and to my fellow cadets, which was much harder. But after two years and sweat and blood, I got the official nod of a Stormtrooper. Still not a big ship command I originally wanted at 18, but hey, who doesn't want to be a Stormtrooper, right? The thought still lingered, why Prefsbelt IV first? Did someone make a mistake for the Fleet. Dratted assignment tests back at the Sector Academy...dratted Empire keeps track of those things. Just when I think I'm going to get shipped off to my new Stormtrooper unit, I'm pulled off after graduation and given my first orders. Report back to training. For what?

I should of known. As a twenty-four year-old with two and a half years of Carida Academy, and six years experience of Imperial methods under my belt, I really should have known! Carida had several other "training programs" for various branches, including the Imperial Navy. Well one of those training programs was considered "top secret". Guess what, I get the transfer to the top secret program. Never, ever, accept that... I thought Stormtrooper training was hard? For six months, I was debating between whether the Empire was training me to be a soldier or trying to torture me. At the end I found my answer: I was one of a few select cadets from a program started when I was 18 to pick the best of the best cadets. Train us, educate us, feed us (aka brain wash us). Only 3 survived out of the original 9 selected. I guess I should count myself lucky since I never met the other eight cadets. 6 months of training is done and I am transferred to the Fleet's Imperial Marine force for "field testing". They gave me a blaster rifle and told me to look really good. So I did. Nothing exciting for 6 months. What a waste of time! Oh dear, how wrong I was!

I get transferred to the Fleet's Navy Special Forces just after I turn twenty-five. Finally saw some proper action! And got to see six years of that training start to be pulled together. Had some good outings with my unit, got to do some real 'old-school' Spec-ops missions. I became the unit's sniper almost by default, although I was the best long-range shot, Not many can handle remaining motionless for hours on end, let alone having to lie in your own waste products because 'fresher breaks are out of the question! Then there's the psych aspect, many feel that whacking some mutt that doesn't even know you're there is out-and-out murder; never bothered me any, though. Finally felt useful!

Two years later I get transferred again, this time to the Navy's elite...and I thought I was the elite! Oh no, the Special Navy Force doesn't even exist and neither did I anymore. One year of the most covert missions you could think of. Well, I guess "training" was officially over now!

Another year and I get transferred out the Fleet's non existent Navy SpecForce to the even darker and more non-existent Adjustments. I guess, now, I was the best and had passed training. Well, me and two other guys that I never met from a program with no name that was started 10 years prior.

That new outfit allowed me a little more individuality in equipment. I settled on the old Clone Wars Commandos' DC-17m ICWS for two reasons, versatility and concealment. A run-of-the-mill Imperial Sniper Rifle is a clumsy brute of a thing - no way to carry it anywhere covertly unless you pretend to be delivering a bundle of pipes - whereas the Deece can be stowed in a backpack or large sensor-shielded suitcase. Its other attachments occasionally come in handy when on-the-job, too. The vibroblade (and its last-ditch Laser-scalpel backup) were inspired by one of my Instructors 'list of rules'. Most don't apply any more, but the main one was 'never be without a blade'. Wise advice! My DC-17 sidearm doesn't ever excite any comment, thousands of them about and just as likely to be in the hands of a Fringer or a Rebel as an Imperial Operative. My Verp pistol is distinctive (and acquired contra-regs, at that) but it's absolutely silent if I have to knock-off anyone at close range. Besides, I took it off the subject I'd been assigned to 'Slot' on my first solo Op; it's got memory value to me, as well as being a fine weapon. 'Passepartout', my slicer-droid, was a private purchase. He's better than the official-issue lock slicers I originally had to use to get into perches 'where I had no right to be' and can also override security systems. That's helpful if my quarry has gone-to-ground somewhere or is travelling on a commercial spacecraft; also for variety - an Environmental System going on the fritz and spewing out toxic fumes or a tragic Turbolift failure that sends the assignment 200 full-speed floors straight down without safety systems or artificial gravity are both good for breaking any modus operandi pattern. Operating on Imperial Ships or Ground Facilities (occasionally necessary if the Senior Officer needs to be 'Adjusted') is much simpler... It seems our Emperor had a lot of back-door codes inserted into the Mainframes and I was issued a set - a few minutes access and I become a fully authorised crewer, Officer or Visitor.

Life was going well for me, then Alderaan happened - not that I knew the planet at all, although it made me think. Next I hear that Tondatha had been destroyed (and my parents and several friends killed - news from insignificant little Agamar takes a while to spread - it never makes the holo-news). I knew that there was no significant anti-Imperial agitation in my hometown, the University Campus might be another matter, and anti-Imperial activity is a non-starter. All Agamar has ever had as a 'Navy' is a handful of worn-out Z-95 Headhunters; and those spend most of their time in the repair shop.

I must have been living in a dream world, but my parents being killed shocked me out of it. I first started to wonder how many of my assignments had been equally blameless; then decided to 'Run' first real chance I got.

I waited a while in case I was being watched but I hadn't talked much about us moving to Tondatha, especially about having non-human friends - it wasn't wise in the prevailing climate - so those who knew me to be an Agamarian thought me to be from a good ways away from the Calna Muun area.

Anyway, another 'special job' came up, allegedly an ARC Deserter from back during the Clone Wars. I almost let the mutt live, I really did! However, pretending to still be a loyal assassin and slotting him to buy me time to clear the area was one reason for carrying on, the other was that I'd already seen his ship and liked the look of it! The only thing I did differently from normal was to send the completion holo and POI (a finger) via normal mail, instead of by Express Courier. I hope it stank my (now ex) handler's office out when it eventually reached him! Couldn't see any evidence of Clone-type features when I got a good look at him up close but the careful Deserters go in for extensive facial surgery ASAP, if not sooner.

Faking one's death isn't too hard - 'accidental' detonation of my 'issue' ship's power-core should work well, just add some blood for the DNA match-up plus some old clothes and equipment for realism. I doubt that anyone too expert will be assigned to the investigation - as Adjustments doesn't exist, they can't make too many waves about the death of a man that doesn't exist either!

My Slicer Droid, 'Passepartout', made short work of opening up my assignment's ship and resetting the security systems for my use. After he'd done so, I noticed a couple of panels had popped open in the cockpit. One held a Verpine Shatter Gun, the rifle type with the any-ammunition-including-rocks option and rigged as a sniper's weapon. The other held two and a half million untraceable Credits in currency and a pouch of gemstones as large as a Binka fruit. No idea what they are, or if they have real value.

'Passepartout' is now occupied with the very much more difficult task of getting those confounded Battle Droids to respond with 'Aye Aye, Captain' instead of their incessant 'Roger Roger'!

My plan now is to hit a few bars in a few Shadow Ports and see who's hiring for what. Hopefully someone, someplace, where I can keep a low profile. I also need to find an honest 'fence' (if that's not a term similar to Military Intelligence)! My Spec-Ops 'creedos' (ID) will be good for another couple of months, if I risk using them, and every Official barve - even duracrete-headed Stormtroopers - respects them, and also the 'forget-you-ever-saw-me' order that goes with them.

---Traumatic Experiences: See 'Emotional Flaw' above

Bravo likes this.
  6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I find it counter-intuitive that the game shuts down so much at weekends. No work or school, those without kids should have more free time, surely.

Yeah, I know, don't call you Shirley.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Considering i tend to use this as stress relief as able, I am less stressed and get on the comp less during the weekends. Sometimes like now just long enough to check on things before shutting it down without posting replies.

8. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I tend to stay off the internet during the weekend. I'll poke in here or there, but I try to detox from electronics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Ya know, its only been like this the last two weekends. The weekend before last, we had a few posts (I think 3 or 4 on a Saturday). And Sundays have always been steady (and sometimes really busy actually). Its just been these past two weekends.

WW, I check the game off my phone when on lunch break sometimes at work W-F and on Saturdays (so no detoxing for me). I find it very useful to prepare and plan---and check in on PMs as a Game Master---during the day, instead of coming home and rushing a thousand miles per hour to get everything done.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Haven't you guys noticed something? Every time Sith posts in the RJ, we all get suckered in and post...it's a evil plan I tell you! :p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mwahahahaha. :cool:

Bravo likes this.
  12. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I see what yer doing there Mitth. :p

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So, Bravo, I have a request, and some questions.

On the Quick Reference, for the Johnny Boy, can you clarify if the First Level and Third Level are the bottom-most or top-most decks of the ship, please.

Question, what deck of the JB are the crew cabins? If Third Level, for instance, is this above or below Second Level?

Taycie Vao in my last post, is the Twi'lek nrc that Dude nicked clothes off, so I am counting her as your creation, even though I have named and coloured her. You got any ideas about her role aboard the ship, or any background details?

14. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
    Sith-I-5

• Level One is the upper-most deck with the bridge
      • Level three is the bottom-most deck with the hanger
    • Crew Cabins (port, starboard) are on the second level, just aft of the Doctor's Office and Medical Bay
    Taycie Vao, we can count her in as a Deck Hand that Charlie Watertin leads up as the Boatswain.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Many thanks.

16. Intervention

Intervention Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2012
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5, my memory is very fuzzy from last summer with all the DRL, but did we end up rescuing Cook's family, correct? And in what post / date? DRL jacked me all up last summer, so everything from that time period is very, very fuzzy.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, Havah Jeth retrieved the Cook family from an asteroid, then Atin smeared them all over the inside of the Crusader as they were aboard the freighter when it participated in the Battle of the Whendyll System.

Post date? Bloomin' 'ell, now you're asking.

You don't know the boy's name, do you?

Alright, I'm tracking Bardan's posts in Intervention to get to where Atin flew to that asteroid.

Bravo, okay-dokey, Bardan post #3361, July 11, 2013. Atin sees Jeth rolling a shopping trolley up into the Crusader, with two passengers (the Cooke kid inside the trolley).

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    With the Crusader and Port Haven as references, I can find the post now. Thanks! :) I'm wanting to build up Cook's storyline and I need his family to do it with.

20. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I sit at a cube all day long and am married to a computer all day long while at work. I have ample time in between projects to check my posts (typically) but the sheer amount of being behind a screen during the week makes me just want to chill out on the weekends.

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo, for me at least, that is precisely what Yav is! Intervention between when Yav joined, and the game finished, seemed to last only a few distinct days, in-game. Plus the five months before Echoes started, and Lasso's impression seems accurate.

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    When you look at game time, your correct. :) I always get mixed up between game time and real time.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Game time is five minutes. . .real time is two hours. At least that is how it goes for me :p

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Real time was 4 1/2 years. Game time was about two months...maybe. We are the masters of detail! Or insanity... :p

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I oddly cannot argue any of that :p

Bravo likes this.