main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive Roleplaying Times

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by MarcusDade, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2007
    Your is a good point as well... although the seven plots theory is debatable. Almost every story can be classified as fulfilling several of the seven archetypes, at least allegorically. One could even thin it down and say there is once plot: the resolution of a problem.

Your assertation is much more valid here, however, where the 'plot' isn't a traditional tale with one character or a cadre of protagonists at the center, but an ensemble cast who usually don't work in unison. ;)

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    I don't know about anyone else, Sin, but I have to look up stuff on Wookieepedia all of the time during the course of playing 128 ABY.

I think AU is alright, but I always find myself trying to do things the character did at one time.

3. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    IMO, AU is great for fanfics, but absolutely horrid for roleplaying.

4. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    I agree completely. The problem with AU and RP is that AU is generally focused on the established characters and how they would be different, whereas RP relies entirely on OCs.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Having made the transfer from fanfic to roleplaying, I find absolutely no problem in RP-ing in either the SW universe; the SW universe with extra bells, whistles, and a liberal interpretation of the timelines; or a completely parallel timeline, which is what I understand an 'alternate universe' to be.

You are only limited by your own imagination and your Star Wars knowledge.

Yup, me too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.