main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS CCG cards?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Obi-Ron42, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Now that the DVD for Episode 3 is out, I'm sure there must be other people out there making their own ROTS expansions. Anyone care to post their ideas?

2. borota

borota Jedi Master

Sep 19, 2005
    I am right with you on that idea...I have already begun the process thanks to a kind sole...

First card idea...Darth Plageus the UNwise...
    This can be a interrupt...I imagine it to be lightside effect...possibly played on a sith if there is another sith in play...One of them is chosen to be the Master...the other the apprentice...and the light side can force them to fight? How is that for starters??

3. Merkel

Merkel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    Dark Side Anakin should be Power 9 and Ability 6. I mean, he has to be stronger than vader.

4. borota

borota Jedi Master

Sep 19, 2005
    I agree with that. He has to be stronger.

5. Merkel

Aug 21, 2002
    And General Grievous: Power 6, ability 4, armor 5

6. Obi-Ron42

Jun 1, 2002
    All good stuff. I assume Greivous would have more than 1 warrior icon.

Anyone given any thought to Order 66 (the light side player needs a compelling reason to play clonetroopers if they can be used against him) or the turning of Anakin?

7. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Off the top of my head, I would make an Order 66 card like this:

Order 66
    (non-unique)
    Destiny 6
    Lost Interrupt
    During your control phase, target one Jedi present with one of your clone troopers. Draw destiny. Add 1 for each other clone trooper present. If total destiny > target's defense value, target is lost.
    OR If opponent just initiated battle, exclude opponent's clone troopers from battle.

This assumes we have LS and DS clone troopers, which I think is reasonable. I don't think you could have a successful mechanic that lets DS take over LS characters, no matter how much you make LS want to play those characters. Way too hard to balance it.

Turning Anakin should be an objective, like BHBM. That would take a little more thought. I'll get back to you if I think of anything....

8. Merkel

Aug 21, 2002
    Learn the Power of the Dark Side/Do Not hesitate, Show No Mercy

Objective Card

Deploy "Palpatine's Private Chambers, "I had a dream" and "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Than make some deployment advantages for Anakin and Palpatine.
    If you flip the objective, Anakin turns, opponent looses a bunch of Force, Anakin becomes power +1 and when in battle with Sidious, he may draw an extra battle destiny and cancel one opponent's battle destiny just drawn. "Order 66" and "Raid in the Temple" may now be played (for free), and each jedi at the same location as Anakin is power -1.

Something like that, I'm making this up as I go.

Goodbye Old Friend / You're gonna kill him, aren't you?
    Objective Card

Deploy General Kenobi,bla bla

While in the same location, Anakin and Obi-wan are each power +1
    Bla bla bla bla bla

Flip this card if Anakin Turns

Other side: You may now move General kenobi to the Mustafar System (for free) and deploy Battle of the Heroes (Epic Event).

If Obi-Wan looses, you loose 10 Force and Padme is placed out of play.

If Obi-Wan wins, Anakin is placed out of play unless Palpatine (or Sidious) gets to same location as him during the next 3 turns. Anakin becomes power and abiliy - 2.

9. borota

borota Jedi Master

Sep 19, 2005
    The idea about order 66 is good, but I suggest having it only be able to be played if one unique clone is present, such as Commander Cody, since the Commanders are the ones who actually got the order and in turn ordered the other clones to gun down the Jedi.

10. borota

borota Jedi Master

Sep 19, 2005
    Perhaps as a reason for the lightside player to have clones they would add power to the the Jedi that they serve with. Suppose Ki-Adi Mundi is present with 2 clones, then his power would be +1 for each pair of clones present. This kind of relays the message that the clones are really only 'half a person'.

11. Obi-Ron42

Jun 1, 2002
    You could make clone commanders at the same site as a Jedi General give a bonus to clone troopers at related sites (For example, Cody could give a power bonus to clones at a related site as Obi-Wan)

Then, an "execute Order 66" card could be played by the dark side player, to use that bonus against the light side. I think it would be neat to make all the clone troopers switch sides, but that would make gameplay a little unbalanced.

12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Epic Event (slightly edited from the original version)
    *Order 66
    Deploy with an exterior battleground site before starting hands are drawn if Hunt Down and Destroy the Jedi on table. You may stack under this card up to 10 troopers, which do not count towards your 60 card limit. Once per turn, the player who controls this site may deploy a trooper from under this stack. Your troopers are placed out of play when they leave the table. While Emperor/Sidious on table, Vader is defense value +2 (+4 if present with a trooper from under this card) and immune to attrition. Your troopers in battle with a Jedi may not have their forfeits reduced, add 1 to their weapons destiny for each trooper present, and Jedi they hit are immediately lost.

13. Saruman-the-White

Saruman-the-White Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    *General Grievous Destiny: 1
    Feared Jedi hunter and leader of the CIS' Droid Army. Formerly a decorated Kaleesh warrior before a shuttle 'accident' turned him into a formidable cyborg.
    POWER: 6 ABILITY: 3 ARMOR: 4
    May carry and use 4 weapons at a time (if using a lightsaber, subtract 2 from each destiny draw). Adds 2 to the power of anything he pilots. Immune to attrition <3 (5 if opponent's Jedi present. Your battle droids are power +1 at same site.
    Pilot icon
    4 Warrior icons
    Deploy: 6
    Forfeit: 7

*Invisible Hand Destiny: 1
    Heavily modified Providence-class destroyer accomodated for additional starfighter hangar bays. Used as General Grievous' flagship and Count Dooku's propoganda broadcasting base.
    POWER: 7 ARMOR: 5 HYPERSPEED: 3
    May add 5 pilots, 7 passengers, 4 vehicles and 8 starfighters. Permanent pilots provide ability of 2. Immune to attrition <5 (6 if Dooku or Grievous aboard, 7 if both).
    2 Pilot icons
    Nav computer icon
    Deploy: 7
    Forfeit: 8

14. Jedi_Ace_Mike

Jedi_Ace_Mike Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    Name: *Execute Order 66
    Type: Epic Event
    Destiny: 6
    Game Text: Deploy on Palpatine. Immediately, at each location opponent has a Jedi and a clone trooper, draw destiny. Add 1 for each clone trooper present. Jedi lost and opponent loses 2 Force if total destiny > Jedi's ability. Opponent's clone troopers cross over.

15. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    (Republic Icon) Galactic Marine Destiny: 3
    Lore: Cross-trained to fight on a variety of environments in ground and space, Galactic Marines are an extremely versatile component of the Republic Army.
    Picture: A Galactic Marine on Mygeeto.
    POWER: 2 ABILITY 1
    Immune to attrition <3, Sandstorm and Ice Storm. Deploy -1 at same site as General Mundi or Commander Bacara.
    Warrior icon
    Deploy: 2
    Forfeit: 3

(Republic Icon) *Commander Bacara Destiny: 1
    Lore: Clone Commander 1138 and leader of the former 21st Nova Corps, now the Galactic Marines. Displays an aggressiveness not seen in his fellow commanders.
    Picture: Commander Bacara on Mygeeto.
    POWER: 3 ABILITY: 1
    Immune to attrition <4, Sandstorm and Ice Storm. Youy marines are power and forfeit +1 at same site. When present with General Mundi, adds one destiny to total power only.
    Warrior icon
    Deploy: 3
    Forfeit: 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.