main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL ROTS Midnight

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Queenie Amidala, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hello all! I apologize for raiding your board. [face_blush] But, I was hoping you could help me out.

My husband (who is originally from the Tampa area) and I will be in Central Florida in May for the first Star Wars Weekend at the Studios. We will be arriving on the morning of Wednesday, May 18, and intend on catching a midnight showing of ROTS.

What we would really like to do is see it in DLP at Pleasure Island. Now, I know this is the Tampa Bay FF and not the Orlando FF, but I am assuming some of y'all will be going for the DLP.

I was hoping someone might have some information to help me out. Does anyone know how they sold the tickets for AOTC? Did you have to purchase them in-person at the theater, or were you able to purchase them by phone/online? Is there any idea as to when the tickets go onsale?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi,
    I assume the DLP is digital? We had a local theater install 2 digital projecters a few weeks before AOTC came out. So we only had to go a few miles.
    I would look online for the Virgin theater or Virgin cinemas at pleasure Island and see if they have any thing posted. Once you get into town I would go buy tickets ASAP anyway you can.
    Good luck and I also plan to be at SW weekends that first day and may be driving down Thurs. night after work or at 6am Fri. morning. I will be wearing my Tampabay FF shirt and badge. Maybe we will see each other.
    No problem posting on our boards...glad to help.
    Marie

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay new topic here ....is anyone going to SW weekends? I am going the first weekend and probably the first day. (will be in the north on the 26th - 5th.) If anyone is interested let me know. I am either leaving Thurs. night after work or Early Fri. AM , like 6 am!!!

4. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    I want to make it this year, I am waiting for the guest list to pick a weekend.

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    hey Queenie, where abouts in Texas are yopu located? I moved here from the mid-cities area of DFW.

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I live in Houston. I have all of my life, save for the four years I was in Austin at The University of Texas.

I'm planning to get tickets for the midnight showing online, before I leave, no matter what. I was just hoping I would be able to secure a digital (DLP) showing for midnight. Otherwise, I will just settle for the regular showing.

Again, if anyone has any information or advice about securing midnight tickets beforehand, I would much appreciate it. :)

EDIT - Oh, and I will definitely look for you at the Studios that weekend! :)

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I would check online and see what you can do for tickets that way.
    Started out in Houston, then moved around Texas a little for 20 years.
    I will be wearing our chapter tee shirt and bdges...Tampa Docking Bay 1138...black with cool pics on it. Hope to see you.

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi Queenie,
    I gave you the wrong info. The theater at Pleasure Island, the Downtown Disney area is an AMC theater. I did not see anything yet on pre ticket buying. But did notice that you can buy tickets for showings up a week in advance on the website. So check out the AMC site and the Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney location.

9. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Hey guys, Rex here. I adminned this site for years but never visited FanForce, good to see you all.

Pleasure Island is digital and if you go in person will sell you a ticket a week before the release. I'll be there. and I'll probably be at all the SW Weekends. Anybody know who's going to be there? I saw Carrie Fisher there and she was hilarious. Anyway, maybe I'll see you there.

10. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Got a little bad news. Holo Yoda, the TRU exclusive, won't be available until the 10th instead of the 2nd like they had originally announced.

11. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    Pleasure Island is digital and if you go in person will sell you a ticket a week before the release.

Is this a fact for ROTS tickets? Or does this apply to all the other movies they release in DLP. I'm sure you know better than I, it just seems odd for SW tickets not to go onsale earlier than a week before.

12. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Heads up! Theaters are starting to sell tickets now, as reported by TF.N: here.

I just bought my tickets for the digital midnight showing at Pleasure Island!

US Episode III Tickets On Sale Now
    Posted By Britany on April 14, 2005

Here's the current state of play with regards to tickets for 'Revenge of the Sith' at US theaters. We'll continue to update this article as more info comes in:

Rave Motion Picture Theaters - On sale from April 15th.

Fandango - On sale from April 20th.

AMC (Darthfloyd writes):
    The AMC chain of theaters at least will be selling tickets to the midnight showing of Episode 3 starting today, April 14th. Apparently they got the go ahead from Fox last night around 5 pm, and multiple calls to their office confirmed this.

Regal Cinemas (James writes):
    In Charlotte, NC ticket preorders for Revenge of the Sith for Regal Cinemas start on April 20th according to an manager at the theatre.

Warren Theaters (Darth Sprocket writes):
    Revenge of the Sith tickets go on sale April 19 in Wichita, Kansas at the Warren Theaters.

Kerasotes Theatres (thanks to Chris):
    We will begin selling tickets online and at most of our theatres tonight, April 14th at 8:00 pm. As you are aware the film opens on Thursday, May 19. Many of our theatres will have 12:01 am shows opening day. Schedules will be available online.

Amstar Cinemas (Jay writes):
    I went to my local Amstar Cinema today in Oxford, Alabama and they had tickets on sale for the midnight showing of Episode III, as well as tickets through May 22nd. I then went to their official website, and tickets are on sale at all Amstar Cinemas now, April 14th, and will be for sale on-line on April 19th.

13. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    According to movietickets.com the only theater in the Tampa area having a midnight showing is Brandon 20. I'm leaning towards Pleasure Island because of the digital projector. If not there I will probably hit Brandon. I don't think The Parkside theater is going to be open in time for EpIII.

14. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    As much as AMC Veterans has done in the past with special events, I refuse to give up hope on midnight showings there. My theory is they are just waiting to post those particular times.

I just saw on WTVT (channel 13) that AMC is officially selling the tickets at 1 p.m. today. So maybe that is when more midnight tickets will go on sale. (The TV guys mentioned the "12:01" showing, so I'm assuming they know something...)

I'll keep you posted on whatever I find out.

PS -- Hello everyone! I was active on the boards about four years ago (where has the time gone?!), but came back to find out info on upcoming events. I have to admit, I was pretty surprised to see that my account still worked! :D

15. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    THEY'RE UP!!! :D

Just bought midnight tickets at AMC Veterans. Saw two theatres available there.

Didn't see anything for Westshore yet... Not sure they really do much anyway though.

16. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    *so wants Midnight tickets but doesn't think he'll get off his lazy butt and get them plus the fact he don't have a Credit Card*

17. Xin-Te

Xin-Te Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2001
    I live in Tampa too, but got tickets last night for the DLP screen at Pleasure Island. I saw AOTC there, and it was incredible looking in digital.
    Just checked the AMC website and the DLP show is already sold out.
    Get your AMC tickets fast my fellow Tampa area people, as they are going quick!

18. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I contacted the Pinellas Park theater group today. Waiting to hear from the local manager. Will be in Orlando on the 19th anyway.

19. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Hi everyone, I live in Plant City. Is there a way I can still get midnight tickets for Pleasure Island, or is the DLP already sold out? I was under the impression that ALL the theater rooms at Pleasure Island were digital. So, are all of them digital or not?

20. Xin-Te

May 7, 2001
    There is only one DLP digital theater at Pleasure Island.
    Matter of fact, there's only three DLP screens in all of Florida (other two are in Miami and Melbourne).
    Unfortunately the DLP midnight show is sold out.
    One of the two theaters showing it on regular film at Pleasure Island still has tickets as of this post though. linkage: http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=3509&ShowDate=33

21. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I could not tell which one was DLP from the website. They had tickets for all the showings. Oh well, I just want to take my Mom and I would like her to see it in digital.

22. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    I've never been able to figure out which is the digital theatre on the website either.

But if you go to May 18 (which is how AMC theatres work -- even though it's technically showing on the 19th, they'll date the showing on "the evening of"), they have 3 theatres showing, 2 of which are already sold out. (So even though you would've missed the DLP theatre, anyone still wanting to be in Orlando could still have a shot.)

I figure when I'm there for SW Weekends, I'll try to see it in digital then.

Good luck everybody who's still hunting. :)

PS -- If anyone does figure out how to tell which theatre is digital on the AMC site, let us know.

23. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    That's what I am looking for also like Sat. afternoon.

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I don't believe there is a way to tell the difference when purchasing tickets on that site.

When you look at a current day movie listing, it will tell you which movie is in the digital theater, but only when listed in theater view...with all the other films for that day. When you search for that particular movie, you can't tell the difference.

When the ROTS tickets went on sale Thursday, they had two listings at Pleasure Island: one said "Midnight" and the other said "12:01." There was no way to tell which was the digital and which wasn't. We had to call to ask, and the 12:01 at the time was the digital showing.

You can always call the theater and ask which showtimes are for the digital presentation.

25. Xin-Te

May 7, 2001
    Sorry, my link seems to go to the 19th, but last night it went to the 18th.
    Usually it will tell you what thetaer is DLP and which is not by making it two seperate listings, but they don't seem to have done that for the pre-order.
    To make sure you are getting digital, it is best to call the theater and order with a live person by phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.