main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    IC: Michael

The farghul attacked with ferocious speed, slamming down his attempt to strike at her neck, then she wasn't there suddenly for the other to make it's way to her chest, as Rala confidently jumped over his head, to strike at the small of his back. For this Michael had to take a step back rather than forward. Losing ground with this opponent was not an option, so upon stepping back, the jedi responded by parrying the lower jab to his right side and performing a riposte to the arm the Farghul was using to move her lightsaber.

Indeed, this fighter's style and technique would become much more difficult to him later on if he were to let her constantly keep him on the move. He would defend if he had to, but Michael's fighting style was not quite as aggressive.

TAG: Rala

2. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    OOC: if you get...say...killed in this game, does the character die completely? or do we call their death an alternate reality or somefing?

IC: Rala

as Rala jabbed at the man's back, attempting to skewer him, he simply stepped to the side and calmly parried her blow, then jabbed toward her sword arm. her anger grew, turning into a hellish rage against the Jedi for what they had done to her. letting out a dark growl, she moved her arm so that her blade now touched his. the two blades sizzled and popped as they strained against each other, neither giving way. she forced her blade upward, so that the two sabers were now lengthwise, with her saber at an angle. she bared her teeth at him "Jedi! you turned me away! you turned your back on me! she pushed even harder, trying to force his blade back into his face.

3. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007
    OOC: With this thread, consider it an alternate reality, as you really don't need a character sheet here like you may do for any other RPG. As for dying, it's really up to both of the duelists on whether one or the other opponent dies. It's all about practicing role playing, and giving others a good fight to watch. So at some point if you or I want to end this duel, we'll both come up with something creative. ;)

Bitterness? Michael thought piteously as Rala tried to overpower him, successfully pushing his lightsaber back towards him little by little.

"Then I will have to ask you why you wanted to devote your life to the jedi's teachings Farghul....Or was it their assistance they denied you?" Her eyes were glazed over by rage. Michael was not one to kill out of impulse, if he could at all, and he wondered whether talking to this Farghul would make any difference, instead of fighting.

"Are you here to kill me? You change nothing about your suffering. Even if you managed to do the murderous deed"

Michael bent back quickly to let her overtake him, then shunted away from her blade, twirling his body clockwise to her right side. While spinning clockwise, Michael ducked, sweeping his right leg out to try knocking Rala off her feet. His lightsaber blade, now held by his right hand, followed his sweeping leg. He intended to use it for a future parry or block. His left hand stayed back on his side in preparation to use force push on her. If Michael was going to try talking her out of this death match, he would need some distance from Rala.

4. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

Rala pushed his lightsaber back towards him, centimeter by centimeter.

then the Jedi spoke.
    "Then I will have to ask you why you wanted to devote your life to the jedi's teachings, Farghul," he said slowly "Or was it their assistance they denied to you?"
    "Are you here to kill me?" he continued "You change nothing about your suffering. Even if you managed to do the murderous deed"

Rala pushed forward and he gave way, bending backwards so flexibly it surprised even her. then he shunted away from her blade, twirling his body clockwise to her right side. While spinning clockwise, the Jedi ducked, sweeping his right leg out. already off balance, Rala was caught off guard and fell, hitting the floor on her back with a thud, the breath exploding from her lungs with a huff. He backed away from her, his left hand held out in the classic pose of force push. she lifted herself up off the floor, and summoned her golden bronze lightsaber to her hand, for it had rolled some meters away when she had fallen. the blade extended with a snap-hiss, but she did not lunge, instead eying him warily, acutely aware of what would happen if she tried to lunge at him. she held her lightsaber so the blade was at a downward angle, away from her body.

"Jedi," she said, responding to his question, "i did not simply want to devote myself to Jedi ideals, I was once a Jedi!"

TAG: -Remi-

5. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007

As long as Michael lived so far, he had not heard of many jedi within his time defecting from the order. Which means she must be far older than him. She claimed that the Jedi turned their back on her. Maybe this was recent? The hate seemed fresh still. But there was no way to really tell without trying to siphon information out of his opponent.

...He raised an eyebrow, his hand still hovering towards Rala. "I harbor no hate towards you, even in the midst of this duel we are having, and I have never turned my back on friends, or foes alike myself. There were even some foes in my life that would have gone down a dark path had I not been there to help them amend their ways. What is your name? I was rather rude not to ask. You say the jedi turned their back on you, but I'm willing to listen and reach out a hand to help."

Michael set down his free hand, but he kept his lightsaber ignited, and frowned. "Whether I have to use that hand to battle against you or help, depends entirely on your decisions. I say that is fair enough." Michael opened himself up in to the force, delving deeper as he tried to read Rala's feelings. It was second nature for him to do this. It was often an effective way to better understand people who made trouble. Especially now since this was one of those times were talking was crucial in understanding the source of trouble. Not knowing about the Farghul left him with no option but to fight. Something Michael knew did not solve everything. There had to be a way to resolve this matter, no matter how long it took. The jedi sighed as he hoped things would not get too ugly between him and the Farghul. He did start the fight, after all. But she made her intentions quite clear, making it necessary to see what he was up against.

6. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

michael spoke again "I harbor no hate towards you, even in the midst of this duel we are having, and I have never turned my back on friends, or foes alike myself. There were even some foes in my life that would have gone down a dark path had I not been there to help them amend their ways. What is your name? I was rather rude not to ask. You say the Jedi turned their back on you, but I'm willing to listen and reach out a hand to help."
    The Jedi frowned. "Whether I have to use that hand to battle against you or help, depends entirely on your decisions. I say that is fair enough."

"Rala," she said quietly, "I am Rala."
    "I was a knight," she continued, anger in her voice. "I made one mistake and your council, which had demanded my service for so many years, turned me out without a second thought!" She felt a single tear run down her cheek, and she angrily wrapped a death grip on her emotions. why was this Jedi getting to her where so many others had tried? why? her bitterness towards the Jedi order welled up in her again, stronger than before. she squeezed her eyes shut and sent a withering blast of force lightning his way.

7. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for the delay. [face_worried]

He could not deflect an attack like that with his hands, Michael did not have the skill for it, but the jedi hoped his lightsaber might still be able to ground some of this ability of hers. The problem was that it arced and split in to smaller forks, widening in to a much larger attack than before that covered the width of his body. In response Michael moved sideways to his right, and burst in to a force run towards Rala, using his lightsaber to try absorb the edges of the force lightning that snapped at him. Moving aside kept the brunt of this force ability from reaching him, but some of the forks of lightning stretched out beyond and behind his light saber, causing his body to grimace in pain. His teeth and muscles clenched, roaring at him to stop. When fighting, the jedi stood at his best when he was calm of mind. His master told him that there would be many times in his life that Michael's calm and center of peace would shake under obstacles. This was such a one.

Life is one big obstacle Michael.

If Michael had not moved away or blocked the brunt of the attack, he would have died. She was definitely trying to vaporize him. No, you aren't going to run away that easily, Rala.

He bellowed out: "All of that devotion will have been wasted if you kill me. You will only prove to the council that they were right!! Do NOT dig your own grave!" With that said Michael struck the lightning head on with his lightsaber, arcing his blade down. The jedi would not be able to deflect it on her, even if he could. Michael pushed against Rala, and raised his left hand in a full arm slap to try and knock her concentration off balance. Simply moving away from the attack was not going to help in getting through to Rala, so maybe attacking her head on until she no longer had the energy or will to fight would work. There were times when one had to use their strength to shock someone in to sense.

Easier thought than done. His skills were more attuned to lightsaber combat than the force, and what little force abilities he did possess were used to enhance his melee skills. Rala's force lightning slowed Michael down considerably, which left him open. Her grasp of the force definitely stretched beyond his own abilities in terms of raw strength.

OOC: I have a feeling this fight is going get more intense by the minute. :p

8. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010
    OOC: there was a section in the middle of your post that was worded weirdly. i think you just deflected the lightning onto rala?

9. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010
    OOC: there was a section in the middle of your post that was worded strangely, Remi. I think you just deflected the lightning back on rala?

10. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007
    OOC: I grounded it...Errmmm, maybe not the best word to use, which meant my lightsaber absorbed some of the attack, but not all of it. That really slowed him down. As for deflecting it, I meant he wasn't able to deflect it back on Rala, and what I mean by deflection, for example: jedi master windu used his lightsaber to block off the force lightning from Palpatine, and deflected back on him in the third movie. Remember? Michael does not have the skill with his saber to do that, and even if he were able to, he would not inflict anything like that on someone.

Hope that clears things up. :)

11. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

"All of that devotion will have been wasted if you kill me. You will only prove to the council that they were right!! Do NOT dig your own grave!" The Jedi bellowed, Arcing his lightsaber so the lightning dissipated. she could see that some of her attack had gotten through, though, because he grimaced in pain. she smiled inwardly, but did not have the chance to make the expression because the Jedi whirled at her, pushing his blade against hers in a display of raw strength, also sticking his arm out and hitting her in an attempt to knock her off balance. It worked. she tumbled backward onto the hard duracrete floor, turning her fall into a roll at the last minute, springing up onto her feet. she reignited her saber with a snap-hiss, the golden bronze blade casting an glow over everything.
    "I have already dug my grave, Jedi."
    she set her saber in a spinning motion, sending the blade tumbling over and over. when it was at the height of its momentum, she lunged at him, saber in front of her, sacrificing defense for offense. if he wanted to strike her down, though, Michael would have to get past her attack first.

12. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007

Michael settled in to the inner ring of defense, Keeping his lightsaber close to his body, the hilt covering the navel while angling the tip of the blade to pick up the attack on the blade's lower third, shunting it aside. Instead of doing a riposte, the jedi spun around 360 degrees, sweeping his blade at her right side while placing his right foot against hers to unbalance Rala. He did this in attempt to keep her from retaliating. It was either use the force, or flip away.

This time, her determination finally made him ready for anything she had to bring at him. But Michael was not to underestimate this opponent.

13. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

Michael shunted her blade aside, then swung at her navel again, also placing his foot against hers to unbalance her. for the second time, she fell, her lightsaber flying from her grasp, skittering across the room, rolling into the shadows. she searched for it, but only for a moment. she was dangerously vulnerable now, with her blade gone. turning her eyes away from where she thought it had rolled, and used a force pull on his lightsaber. If i can't have mine, she thought determinedly,then he can't have his. her eyes began to glow again, and she became consumed with hate for this Jedi, this man, who had taken her saber. he represented everything he stood for, everything she hated about the Jedi. At the same time she used the force pull, she launched a kick at his head, her claws extended, Her long fangs fully bared, her rage reaching a peak, and dark side energy flowed through her. she let it, wondering how she hadn't done this before. this Jedi would fall.

14. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007

In a matter of moments, his simple strategy backfired on him, Rala force pulled his lightsaber in to her hands while simultaneously launching a kick that resulted in a huge gash on his right cheek. The jedi faltered back on to the ground, and rolled away from Rala.

Those walls of hatred around her.....No, I must not give up on her.

Michael managed to steady himself, and forced leaped over her, activating the force valor ability to keep Rala from catching him from behind too fast. It seemed Michael's luck was with him this time, as the dark side that tainted the lightsaber Rala was using was felt in a corner thirty feet away. Using the force, he activated the golden bronze lightsaber, pulling the hilt in to his hand, and launched back at her, blood trailing behind due to the gash on his cheek. Upon reaching her Michael settled in to the style of the inner ring, He struck his blade towards the shoulder of her sword arm in a quick motion. It wasn't as precise as he would have wanted it. If not for force valor, that kick to his face would have impaired his focus, in spite of the spots that were dancing across his vision.

TAG: Rala the beast. :p

15. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

The rage still flowed through her, coursing through her blood like a powerful intoxicant. taking her newly acquired lightsaber, she swung, but the Jedi was already gone, rolling away, then launching himself high into the air over her head. He landed some distance away, the pulled Rala's saber from the shadows, activating the gold-bronze blade midair, then drawing it into his hand. he turned toward her and launched himself back at her, blood trailing from her kick to his face. he made a jab at her shoulder, and she twisted he torso out of the way. she could feel his focus hindered slightly by her kick. she swung her lightsaber against his, their blades crackling and hissing. she moved herself backwards out of the awkward position she had been in and pivoted so that she was now at a better angle. "Jedi! why won't you fall!"
    at the word fall she shoved her blade into his, using the force to increase her strength.

OOC: your tag made me giggle.

16. -Remi-

Aug 8, 2007

"Rala, I will do everything within my power and mind to prevent you from killing me. I am not going to give up on turning you back to the light!!"

He took note of the sudden increase in strength, and let the force flow through him, calming his mind. Slowly, the dizziness from the earlier attack faded away.

Even with the turmoil in him over whether or not he could turn her back to light, the jedi gave out a wry chuckle, as yet again Michael used Rala's strength to his advantage by raising his elbows to an upper right position until the blade was rotated vertically, the tip pointing downward. Michael met Rala's force increased strength with a push of his own, but slid to the left at the last moment, pushing at her blade until it was forced down temporarily, giving Michael a clear shot to do a spin kick at her lower chest with his left leg. Apparently she had not been as focused in the entire fight as she should have. But the jedi was not to be a fooled. Should she get a handle on her focus, Rala was truly going to be a force to be reckoned with. Micheal would have to rely on more strategy than just his fencing form.

OOC:
    Bring it on fur ball!!!!!! [face_mischief]

17. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

"Rala, I will do everything within my power and mind to prevent you from killing me. I am not going to give up on turning you back to the light!!"
    So. the Jedi wouldn't die without a fight. how cliche.

their blades locked together, he rotated his blade until the tip was pointing down, lowering her guard until he had a clear kick to her chest. Rala cursed herself for the lack of focus. the Jedi spin kicked her squarely in the chest, knocking the wind out of her with a "whoof". she hit her knees, her vision filled with dark spots. apparently force kicks are better than regular kicks. she would have to remember that for next time. If there was a next time. Knowing what she did of this Jedi, he probably wouldn't kill her, instead turn her back to the light. she honestly didn't know if she could turn back. she hadn't even considered the possibility. the road away from the Jedi order had been filled with so much hatred and rage and darkness. the light was only a distant memory to her now, though not an unpleasant one at that. she did the only thing she could think of to give herself time to think. sh simply gathered the force around her, assembling it into a physical bubble, the unleashed it, and a shockwave traveled through the room. If she had been right the Jedi had been blown off his feet, physically thrown by the force of the blast. If she hadn't, then she didn't know what would stop this Jedi.

OOC: Jedi. [face_not_talking]

18. translucentimp

translucentimp Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2011
    OOC: Any takers?

19. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010
    OOC: I hate to do it, but Remi has vanished. so yeah, I'll duel you! :)

20. translucentimp

Feb 10, 2011
    OOC: Very well! :)

Danora Vosa
    Yavin IV Ruins Perimeter

The astute, hardened Jedi Sentinel was on another, seemingly simple reconnaissance deploy on the lush rainforest moon orbiting Yavin. He was to repair a torn down satellite and use it to settle coordinates on a nearby trade route that his Order had felt seemed a tad too convenient, and therefore, more than likely illegal. His job was simple: gather intel, report back to his Council through the communications array of his fighter, and follow their instructions regarding what to do next incase an arrest was added to his mandate.

For now, though, he simply had to tinker away with the war-ravaged satellite before he could do much else, and get it up and running and, of course, impossible to track down. No big deal.

But nothing was ever simple for a Jedi.

He'd used the Force to create a sturdy nest about his workplace, removing his robe and rolling up the sleeves of his tunic as he went to work, a pair of welding goggles, welding gloves, and appropriate tools were accordingly placed on and around his person as he went fast to work - when suddenly, he felt a threatening aura approaching. At first, he wasn't sure where or what from, but nonetheless, he placed a determined hand over his weapon and scanned his surroundings. This was bigger than any pestering Woolamander. Much bigger.

21. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

Rala looked up, her senses filling with the sour scent of Jedi. the rest of the hot, steamy jungle on this blasted world seemed to fade into the background, and now she could clearly feel the Jedi in the force. she did not know how she had missed him before.

Stomping through the jungle like it was a walk through a field, she concentrated on this Jedi. she could get no more out his force presence than his alignment, but that would not stop her from trying. She stopped. she was here. taking a moment to size him up, she then stepped into his line of view. from his reaction she gauged that he has sensed her long before she had sensed him. well. this jedi was smarter than most, but that would not save him.

She activated her brilliant crimson blade, and lunged at him. his powers would not save him. not from her.

Tag: Danora Vosa

22. translucentimp

Feb 10, 2011
    Danora Vosa
    Yavin IV

His eyes widened larger than ever now; his forehand clutching his lightsaber tightly as he reared it out, igniting the vibrant blue blade and clashing it against the Dark Warrior's red. His waist pivoted, followed by a slight hop and turn of his full body as he brought his blade around to her opposite side, expecting it to be blocked, but wanting that to be the case as he bided his time.

Danora would kick away from her, out into open ground, if she did indeed parry his response. He intended to widen the battlefield, recognizing that Dark siders tended to get up close and play cheaply if given a chance at cornering their opponents. He'd remove his goggles and toss them aside, assuming a defensive stance as he gauged as good a view of her as he could; he did not recognize her. Danora paused, egging a slight smirk, "I'd say both of us landing on this desolate moon would be an odd coincidence, but we both know that's a lie."

He pointed his blade with both hands towards Rala for a moment, "Yield! I've work to do..." he advised, preferring anything but mindless conflict.

Of course, that wouldn't be the case.

TAG - Rala

23. dreven_Aarkanin

Jul 9, 2010

He swung his lightsaber out, meeting her blade with his. he did a small hop and pivoted, swinging his blade around to her opposite side. she blocked the blade easily, even though she knew it was what he wanted. her suspicion was confirmed when, a moment later, he vaulted away from her and into the middle of the clearing, next to a ship she assumed was his.
    A smirk on his face, he said "I'd say both of us landing on this desolate moon would be an odd coincidence, but we both know that's a lie."

She kept her saber up, and prepared to lunge again.
    "The Force never lies." She growled lowly.

TAG: Danora Vosa

24. translucentimp

Feb 10, 2011
    Danora Vosa
    Yavin IV

"The Force never lies."

Her words resonated in his mind for a moment as his eyes narrowed, growing visibly weary as the dark warrior showed no signs of either explaining herself or wanting to stand down. He nearly contemplated putting down his armament, but chose against it, catching her cold gaze and realizing that despite its abruptness, this was truly a do or die matter unless something was done quickly.

"Oh...? And what is It telling you now? Surely, you misinterpret it's guidance. The Force is for learning and evolving, not pointless violence and illusions of grandeur!"

As she sped towards him with an attempted lunge, Danora skipped back a pace, drawing his blade towards the ground as he parried hers, quickly twirling his wrist upwards and clashing with her weapon a second, third, and fourth time with a two-handed Form III grip, loosening his hold to single-handed on the fifth stroke. This was preposterous!

"This is senseless! You're brainwashed! Who sent you?!" he yelled over the sound of their lightsabers hissing at one another. This had to end, fast - Danora continued retreating, keeping his weapon close to his body before side-stepping to her right, trying to open up her guard for a knockdown. If successful, he'd land a swift kick to her jaw, and menacingly point his blade in her direction with one hand.

TAG - Rala

25. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    OOC: Hey, everyone. I'm kinda new to this Star Wars role-play stuff, but I'd like to try this out. The latest post looks recent enough. Are there any takers for a little duel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.