main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV RPG Epilogue: Vanguard of a New Era (conclusion)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
  2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    "I am still coming with you, where else would I go? I just feel like I need some time to relax. It's a small galaxy, Axia. Until the moment I am one with the force, I will never be far from you again. I may not be directly at your side, but I won't be far." Your mother smiles at you and exhales. You see the weariness etched in the fine lines of her face. Not young anymore but still beautiful, her countenance masks strength and wisdom borne of years of hardship.

The corners of her mouth turn up slightly, and her eyes twinkle. "Maybe there is somthing around here I can fashion into a cane. Gimer wood would be just a bit too primitive for me."

She gets up, stretches, comes over and hugs you, and whispers in your ear, "I love you, Axia. Thank you for coming for me." You can feel her warm love for you rolling off of her in the force. It warms you from the center of your being.

She releases you, and smiling, she walks out of the room.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

So they wait...

Shaped by their experiences, good and bad. Molded by their choices and consequences, and the choices of their parents and forerunners:

Dyson Billaba... a young man trained in the force by his mother, Depa, a Jedi Master. A man who carries with him the wisdom of his mother, and deeper still, the fire of his father.

Kastor Soruul... quite possibly the last of the Mandalorians. Skilled in battle, fierce with honor, wearing the suit of armor that is his birthright. A man no longer avoiding who he was, but instead, embracing who he is.

Kleff Rixxard... now one of the best pilots in the galaxy. A duro that no longer lives in fear, but thrives on challenge. A seasoned veteran of flying, he could even give a certain Corellian a run for his credits.

Kal Crimson... the new leader of the Crimson Dawn. Waiting to refocus his organization, now that the Empire has lost the Galactic Civil War. A genius technician, he will now apply his intellect to taking over the family business, and taking care of the mysterious force attuned life form from Ilum that he is the guardian of. Young but determined, he is now one of the galaxies powerbrokers, remaining (as his father taught him) in the shadows.

Tira Doneeta... The last of the Old Republic's Jedi Masters. One of the few that escaped Vader's purge. One that tasted the darkside, and returned (not without scars- the darkside eats it's young, and does not let go easily). No longer a wife, she is once again a mother. Now, she is prepared to completely purge herself of the darkness, and content to allow a new generation to step forward into their destiny in the force and the galaxy. She has been reunited with her family, and has finally found peace.

Axia Doneeta... her beginnings at the seedy bar known as the Urban Blight seem like several lifetimes ago. She too has been intimate with the darkside, and has found her way back to the light. The darkside, however, is a jealous lover, and does not let go easily, which Axia is now all too aware of. She found her mother and father, completed her training in the ways of the Jedi, and succeeded in her trials. She is one of the last Jedi knighted by a member of the old Jedi Council. She has in her possession now an important item that once delivered, will help the son of Skywalker rebuild the Jedi into a New Jedi Order. Axia knows the Force is not done with her, provided she continues to keep herself available to serve the galaxy- even is she must do it discreetly. She looks forward to being a daughter, she looks forward to the challenge of atonement, she looks forward to living her life for a greater purpose: to live as a Jedi Knight.

So they wait...

...drifting at the fringes of the galaxy on board the Crucible Thorn waiting for an extraction team from the Crimson Dawn to arrive. They don't know how long they will be there. Kal suspects that there may even be a time discrepancy, due to the temporal anomalies they experienced. Such phenomena are random and not intentional, so calculating how much time was warped becomes an almost impossible task.

So they wait...

...each musing about what the future will hold. Each forever bonded by experience to the others on the ship. Each making plans and predictions about how they will make their way in the universe, paths that will take them apart from each other.

So they wait...

...each marked by the Force, by what they have done, and by what they still may do. A ship drifting in space, filled with the potency of lifetimes yet to be lived out, lives that have already and will continue to shape the course of history. Hopefully for the better.

So the galaxy waits...

...already the undergirding Force that binds it together has changed, grown. Things will be different now, in ways that no one may ever fathom. The galaxy is entering a new age, a new era, and some of the players are already in place, but some are still on a sleek silver ship at the edge of space where they patiently wait: The Vangu

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, that's it. The game is finally over. Whew! That was a long and memorable campaign! Thanks to everyone that played, it was fun!

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Soooooo a new thread with the next campaign now....?

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    No, not gonna do Star Wars for a while. I need to give my other modern game some attention now.

:)

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Thats the one I cant play right? Just asking.

8. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    So Bann lived happily ever after. Well at least until Ilum blew up.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Did I say you couldn't play? When it started, it was a game that was to fill in the time when you or MD couldn't GM on Saturday nights.

Now that I don't go Saturday nights, and am running this on the boards, I suppose I will have to alter things a bit.

Why do you want to play?

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I can't believe my character survived. Against all odds... but a Scoundrel's luck can sometimes be stronger than the Force itself.

Awesome ending, Talon... brought a tear to my eye.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Thanks, MD! I appreciate the feedback!

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Dang, though. I really wanna reprise my role as Kleff now. Maybe see if I can do the Kessell Run in less than 10 Parsecs!

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah since your modern game is a no-show you want to run at least one game right? I even have a good name for the next campaign. Star Wars : Axia Euxine, Jedi Knight.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I think we need to kidnap Talon and force him to GM by gunpoint.

15. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I'm in!!! And so is Axia's mom.

16. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I'm game too, I wanna play Star Wars on Sat. Nights again....Not to say that I don't enjoy M&M or Vampire....just something about Star Wars...

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Same here, and Im running one of the games!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.